Hello,

I have a problem with my BlackBerry Key2.
    Some time ago my phone fell into the water. I turned it off right away - however it started to turn on and off automatically until the battery ran out. I left the phone in a bowl of rice for 3 days in a warm place.

At the moment, as soon as I connect the charger to the phone, it immediately starts and after 3 seconds, a message about low battery pops up and turns off. Few secoands later it starts up again, then turns off after a while and continues this cycle over and over until the charger is disconnected

Any idea what i should do for now?
    11-15-21 04:16 AM
    Water Damage is random.....

Might could buy a new battery, as it could have shorted out.
    Might could let it set for a month more in rice or a better moisture absorber.
    Might give is a bath in 99% alcohol to clean and displace the moisture (but not good for finishes).
    Might need a new phone.
    11-15-21 08:03 AM
    Thanks for the answer but found the cause of the problem.

When I disassembled the phone, i started to inspect it using a microscope. There was a trace of a short circuit on the battery connector
    BlackBerry Kay2 - after flooding with water-img-0004.jpg

The connector was washed in 90% isopropyl alcohol. The battery voltage was below 3.75V, so I decided to charge it with a 4.3V 900mA lab power supply. After an hour, I connected the battery and everything works. However, I am not sure about the condition of the battery - it is almost 3 years old + short circuit, so I ordered a new one.
    11-15-21 01:48 PM
    Excellent advice from you!
    11-15-21 03:29 PM
    Thanks for the answer but found the cause of the problem.

When I disassembled the phone, i started to inspect it using a microscope. There was a trace of a short circuit on the battery connector
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0004.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	489.9 KB 
ID:	451304

The connector was washed in 90% isopropyl alcohol. The battery voltage was below 3.75V, so I decided to charge it with a 4.3V 900mA lab power supply. After an hour, I connected the battery and everything works. However, I am not sure about the condition of the battery - it is almost 3 years old + short circuit, so I ordered a new one.
    The thing with water and electronics is that it may only start to show signs of damage a few months after the actual bath as the corrosion spreads.
    11-15-21 05:24 PM