Today I am expecting quite a number of emails, but none arrive. At around noon time I even had a short exchange of words with one of the "sender" of which I insist there is no email for me. I even argue that perhaps they entered my email address wrong or their provider have problem.

Before the end of the day, I open up my good trusty Thunderbird from my PC and wtf! There are more than 30 emails in my inbox! I grab my Key2, did a lot of refresh and still have nothing. Rechecked all my settings and sync intervals (every 5mins) are correct. Both my Key2 and Thunderbird got the same IMAP settings.

At around 7pm, all of sudden all emails coming in, plus a bunch from late yesterday.

what is wrong? my internet is ok, I can browse and do other stuff, messenger, telegram, viber, etc all working fine, only this damn Blackberry Inbox is NOT retrieving my emails!
    12-05-19 05:15 AM
    There is an option in the inbox settings to help receive emails faster.
    12-05-19 11:19 AM
    Unfortunately it will drain battery quicker, it even says that it will next to the toggle.

BB Hub+ Services is already a battery hog with that option disabled
    12-05-19 12:24 PM
    Unfortunately it will drain battery quicker, it even says that it will next to the toggle.

Either way, I believe there’s some other problem going on here
    12-05-19 01:23 PM
    Likely the online part of hub+ services. It's what blackberry 10 uses too, for the Gmail part. When there is a delay with your mail provider, it's the other part that could make it worse should a disruption occur (ddos for example).

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-05-19 01:35 PM

agree, besides... i already set it up sa sala to sync every 5 mins.
    12-06-19 04:05 AM
    I'm having the exact same issues with both my work and gmail accounts!
    12-06-19 05:37 AM
    Not sure if it's related or not but I was on the train yesterday and it was constantly disconnecting so I had to switch to my LTE connection on my phone. Almost seemed like high volume on the super highway
    12-06-19 10:37 AM
    Same problem for me, Inbox (Hub) is now unreliable for timely emails. This result has me going to the Gmail icon on a regular basis, and is slowly convincing me not to use or believe the Inbox for anything important. Sigh.
    12-06-19 03:17 PM
    Same here. Hoping the Nov patch has fixed it.
    12-08-19 09:44 AM
    I disabled the hub and many BlackBerry services, just isn't reliable as it once was. I use Outlook for all my email needs and it has been great.
    the_boon likes this.
    12-08-19 09:48 AM
    I disabled inbox but how do you disable Hub+ services.
    12-08-19 12:36 PM
    I have been seeing strange Inbox issues for a couple of weeks now - the only fix for me is a reboot.

I tried clearing cache for Inbox, Hub Services and Google Play Store - but it hasn't helped.

Apart from the Inbox deciding to stop updating normally, I can also notice the Play Store is sometimes very slow at installing app updates, and there is a massive clue from an app called "Simple Clock Widget" which puts a 2nd time zone clock on my main screen - when things aren't working with my Blackberry Inbox, I have noticed my 2nd clock is no longer showing the same minutes as the main clock - they should always be identical.

Really odd that when the Inbox isn't behaving, two clocks on my main screen have different minutes.
    Is that a BB Launcher issue somehow - but how does that impact the Inbox?!

The Key2 doesn't appear to be slow, hot - everything else seems to be fine and responsive - so it's not in some memory death loop or a rogue app sucking all the resources.

After a reboot a few days ago, I then got a notification from Google Play Store about 86 updates have been applied.
    This was an outdated notification as Play Store had not done that many updates, but the notifications for it were somehow stacked up - and then released. Maybe when I cleared cache it helped - may Play Store is causing an issue - but how does that impact Inbox?

After a reboot this morning, I got an email received notification for messages received 20 minutes earlier.

Really odd, can't work out where the issue is coming from - hoping someone else has a clue or two - love that my clock is showing an issue at the same time - surely that's a valuable clue to someone?
    12-08-19 05:05 PM
    same issue here. emails delayed for hours and hours. don't know why. it happened inconsistently.
    12-08-19 10:07 PM
    Same issues here on my KEY² LE.
    12-09-19 12:16 AM
    Same with me. Email stopped send and receive some time yesterday evening. The rest of the hub services work fine. What's going on?
    12-21-19 08:07 AM
    I would like to know! Basically all device notifications are delayed, Blackberry Inbox updates are delayed - even if you send a message, it wont show up in the Inbox until after the "delay period"... but the message is really sent, and new messages are actually received as normal - you just can't see them!

I found this by accident when on a flight recently, I activated flight mode - and some 25 mins later I received email notifications!! ..and the emails were then in the Inbox, yet my device had been offline for 25 mins.

So annoying, as I can not trust the device to let me know when I get an email or even a txt message.

I want to clear the notification cache, but don't know how to do that!
    12-23-19 12:31 AM
    My TCL blackberry branded K2 has the same problem as above posters regarding emails, text messages work OK. All my emails arrive on my passport as usual.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    12-23-19 04:01 AM
    I have been seeing strange Inbox issues for a couple of weeks now - the only fix for me is a reboot.

I tried clearing cache for Inbox, Hub Services and Google Play Store - but it hasn't helped.

Apart from the Inbox deciding to stop updating normally, I can also notice the Play Store is sometimes very slow at installing app updates, and there is a massive clue from an app called "Simple Clock Widget" which puts a 2nd time zone clock on my main screen - when things aren't working with my Blackberry Inbox, I have noticed my 2nd clock is no longer showing the same minutes as the main clock - they should always be identical.

Really odd that when the Inbox isn't behaving, two clocks on my main screen have different minutes.
    Is that a BB Launcher issue somehow - but how does that impact the Inbox?!

The Key2 doesn't appear to be slow, hot - everything else seems to be fine and responsive - so it's not in some memory death loop or a rogue app sucking all the resources.

After a reboot a few days ago, I then got a notification from Google Play Store about 86 updates have been applied.
    This was an outdated notification as Play Store had not done that many updates, but the notifications for it were somehow stacked up - and then released. Maybe when I cleared cache it helped - may Play Store is causing an issue - but how does that impact Inbox?

After a reboot this morning, I got an email received notification for messages received 20 minutes earlier.

Really odd, can't work out where the issue is coming from - hoping someone else has a clue or two - love that my clock is showing an issue at the same time - surely that's a valuable clue to someone?
    I've also been having the playstore download issue and find the only thing that works is a reboot. When I also try the refresh button in the inbox nothing happens, this is why I'm back to my real blackberry

Posted via my Awesome passport
    12-23-19 05:17 AM
    Hmm, maybe using "clear data" in anything with hub, hub+ services, messages and all that? Don't forget to use "force stop" too.

Or a general factory reset might be in the works, just backup what is really important (use the device transfer wizard!) to the SD card, forget about settings, app data, applications or settings data. That is obviously going to sour things up again if restored.

From my BlackBerry Q5 on Freedom Mobile 3G HSPA+
    12-25-19 02:13 PM
    same issue, inbox for my gmail account I. BlackBerry hub very delayed getting emails. they show up asap on the gmail app but not BlackBerry hub inbox! any solutions?
    12-29-19 08:44 AM
    Evening:

This was driving me beyond nuts. I had the exact same issue with a KEYone Black Edition. Stupidly, I thought that the KEY2 would be sufficiently different that it wouldn't possibly repeat, so I bought a a dual-SIM Key2 just before Christmas. It lasted 2 charges before the exact same thing happened. I phoned BlackBerry Mobile, who were sympathetic, but could offer no insight. (But I did blame Inbox.)

I had noticed similar symptoms as described by @Anthony99, so I set out Googling this morning. At first I thought it was something to do with Power Centre as I had a brief reprieve when I uninstalled updates on that. It lasted a few hours. The epiphany arrived when I read an article about delays between downloading an app on Play store and the app actually being installed. The solution was to disable (yes, disable) the Google app. Immediately, a stack of notifications came in.

Clearly, this isn't a permanent fix, but I think I'd sooner have a working Inbox than Google.... but I think I'm getting closer to finding out where the root cause lies.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I thought the issue may have been due to BitDefender Free, customised notification sounds and GarmIn SmartLink, but disabling Google seems to be the first solution that has consistently restored "normal service" for the stuff that matters to me - E-mail, notifications and "Simple World Clock Widget".)
    12-29-19 11:14 AM
    Evening:

This was driving me beyond nuts. I had the exact same issue with a KEYone Black Edition. Stupidly, I thought that the KEY2 would be sufficiently different that it wouldn't possibly repeat, so I bought a a dual-SIM Key2 just before Christmas. It lasted 2 charges before the exact same thing happened. I phoned BlackBerry Mobile, who were sympathetic, but could offer no insight. (But I did blame Inbox.)

I had noticed similar symptoms as described by @Anthony99, so I set out Googling this morning. At first I thought it was something to do with Power Centre as I had a brief reprieve when I uninstalled updates on that. It lasted a few hours. The epiphany arrived when I read an article about delays between downloading an app on Play store and the app actually being installed. The solution was to disable (yes, disable) the Google app. Immediately, a stack of notifications came in.

Clearly, this isn't a permanent fix, but I think I'd sooner have a working Inbox than Google.... but I think I'm getting closer to finding out where the root cause lies.

(For the avoidance of doubt, I thought the issue may have been due to BitDefender Free, customised notification sounds and GarmIn SmartLink, but disabling Google seems to be the first solution that has consistently restored "normal service" for the stuff that matters to me - E-mail, notifications and "Simple World Clock Widget".)
    Disabling the Google App you say. Do you mean disabling notifications, or prevent the app from running all together?
    12-29-19 02:41 PM
    Yes, please share exactly what you disabled! This problem is destroying my love for the Red Key2 - at it's useless if I don't get my sms or email message notifications! I use the standard SMS android app, which is also impacted by this delay - if I go into the app I sometimes see SMS messages that I am yet to be notified about... but with the Blackberry Inbox, it doesnt show me the missing messages until the "delay period" has passed, and only then do I get the notifications and they show up.

I went into airplane mode on a flight recently, and 30 mins into the flight I got email notifications, and some messages appeared in the inbox!

My other really strange clue is I run an app called "simple clock widigt" which displays a 2nd small clock on my screen, which is set to an alternate time zone. I can use this to determine the "delay period" on notifications/Inbox - as the time on this clock doesnt keep up with the main clock.

I can see that sometimes my KEY2 does catch up, and it's fine after a reboot too - but within an hour can start to drift.

No clue as to what makes it catch-up. I have been playing with non-optimized battery settings for more and more of the apps, but it makes no difference yet.

What can impact Inbox updating itself (I have proven with flight mode that the messages are there, you just can't see them), SMS app, simple clock widget updates, ALL other device notifications being also delayed?

I am thinking it was something to do with the update ACE748 that I got last month, still waiting on the next one!
    12-29-19 03:02 PM
    Sorry - I was out this evening, and I'm only picking this up. You need to disable the Google App, not just the notifications. (As in, long click Google, hit the wee "Information" icon, then click "Disable". Or go through Apps and Notifications and disable it from there.

That's been about seven hours flawless working for me. I've even enabled "Battery optimisation" for both Inbox and "Simple World Clock Widget" and my Key2 has not skipped a beat. (Albeit, Inbox notifications are delayed (literally) for a few minutes due to the lack of running permanently in the background - Disabling battery optimisation, I presume will fix this.)

Hope this all works for you folks, too.....
    12-29-19 05:05 PM
66 123