I have removed Optimize on a few Google Apps (Gmail, Google one, Google) not sure if it is helping receive emails in my inbox in BlackBerry Hub quicker. did u also remove optimize from Chrome as well?
    01-12-20 07:41 AM
    I only removed battery optimize for the Google app - I did lots of experimenting with this on Blackberry Hub Services and Blackberry Hub, but it made no difference - so I ended up turning it back on as default for everything except Google.

I also have an iPhone, so when I get an email - I expect to get notifications on my KEY2 and iPhone at the same time, and they do both chirp their notifications within a second of each other, which is always 15 seconds ahead of when Outlook on my PC notifies.

Turn ON Google battery optimisation however, and then the notifications are delayed - the iPhone chirps away OK as normal, but the KEY2 then gets serious delays, and not just on Blackberry Hub, but also with SMS messages, and any other app - Twitter, LinkedIn etc etc.
    01-12-20 10:30 AM
    Had a similar problem with incoming phone calls. I got about 5 VMs which I thought was unusual. I checked the settings for the phone app and somehow, it had been set to block incoming calls.
    01-12-20 08:36 PM
    That's what I thought, but as I have now stated about 12 times, if the Google app is allowed to doze on my device, then ALL the KEY2 notifications are delayed for up to 25 mins. This proves that the Google app is not just a standalone app, and that it is hooking into ALL the device notifications.

I have also stated at least 12 times that this is affecting ALL the device notifications, and not just Blackberry Inbox.
    In your case, the problem could be caused by low ram or bad ram management system. Maybe that's why the system kills hub+ from the background. My phone has 6GB of ram and yet it's still happening here, and I think it's not google app causing it.
    Last edited by chain13; 01-17-20 at 08:54 PM.
    01-17-20 09:17 AM
    Has the recent update changed anything with the inbox?
    I have noticed the inbox on my k2 seems to be working fine today, I guess time Will tell.

Posted via my beautiful priv
    01-17-20 01:27 PM
    what recent update are u referring to? I have key 2 here in USA and inbox is unreliable, sometimes the emails come in. bunches and sometimes delays. tried all the suggestions in this thread but not really changed. also I never download BlackBerry hub updates as ppl commented it slowed their inbox... any help appreciated.
    01-17-20 04:33 PM
    what recent update are u referring to? I have key 2 here in USA and inbox is unreliable, sometimes the emails come in. bunches and sometimes delays. tried all the suggestions in this thread but not really changed. also I never download BlackBerry hub updates as ppl commented it slowed their inbox... any help appreciated.
    Your problem is because you have not updated the BlackBerry HUB suite of apps. Do so and your issues will be resolved.
    01-17-20 07:51 PM
    has anyone had issues with the BlackBerry Hub updates from November?
    01-17-20 07:53 PM
    has anyone had issues with the BlackBerry Hub updates from November?
    Zero issues. HUB suite works very well on my Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne and Samsung S9. My mother in law has it on her S7 Edge and had issues sending emails. She is approaching 70 and I asked if she had updated her applications. We went into her Google Play Store acct and she had not. My wife updated and viola! (All started working and operating as intended) As noted prior if you have not updated your applications do so. 😎👍
    01-18-20 10:00 AM
    thank you!
    wondering if anyone with a key2 had issues or problems after downloading the BlackBerry hub updates in November (contacts,inbox, hub ,calendar)?
    01-18-20 10:33 AM
    thank you!
    wondering if anyone with a key2 had issues or problems after downloading the BlackBerry hub updates in November (contacts,inbox, hub ,calendar)?
    My Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne is on the same OS version as your Key 2. (Oreo 8.1) It should be no different. 👍
    01-18-20 10:41 AM
    thank you.
    01-18-20 10:50 AM
    Hello there,
    i have a BBKEY2 and today i still have the same issues.
    disabling the Google app really works, but it seems to be the only way for me.
    Any idea that could work better ?
    09-03-20 04:01 AM
    Unfortunately unless BlackBerry Ltd pushes an update, I think the hub and related apps are doomed to be buggy until they stop working entirely. As much as it pains me, I moved on from the hub. I managed to customize a paid app (aqua mail) to function nearly exactly like the hub inbox. The only thing I miss is getting non-email notifications in the hub. I am using filter box as my workaround which

At this point, if BlackBerry Ltd doesn't push an update to the hub and related apps, I think they are doomed to be buggy until they simply stop working entirely. I have a feeling that the hub and such won't be included on the new phone next year either.

I miss the hub, especially all the notifications being in one place. Luckily there are workarounds. I have aqua mail customized to a point where it functions and looks just like the hub did (for email only though) and I use filter box to see all notifications at my leisure. You can also program it to dismiss notifications for you that you don't want to see. It's very convenient.
    09-04-20 06:41 AM
    I have been seeing strange Inbox issues for a couple of weeks now - the only fix for me is a reboot.

I tried clearing cache for Inbox, Hub Services and Google Play Store - but it hasn't helped.

Apart from the Inbox deciding to stop updating normally, I can also notice the Play Store is sometimes very slow at installing app updates, and there is a massive clue from an app called "Simple Clock Widget" which puts a 2nd time zone clock on my main screen - when things aren't working with my Blackberry Inbox, I have noticed my 2nd clock is no longer showing the same minutes as the main clock - they should always be identical.

Really odd that when the Inbox isn't behaving, two clocks on my main screen have different minutes.
    Is that a BB Launcher issue somehow - but how does that impact the Inbox?!

The Key2 doesn't appear to be slow, hot - everything else seems to be fine and responsive - so it's not in some memory death loop or a rogue app sucking all the resources.

After a reboot a few days ago, I then got a notification from Google Play Store about 86 updates have been applied.
    This was an outdated notification as Play Store had not done that many updates, but the notifications for it were somehow stacked up - and then released. Maybe when I cleared cache it helped - may Play Store is causing an issue - but how does that impact Inbox?

After a reboot this morning, I got an email received notification for messages received 20 minutes earlier.

Really odd, can't work out where the issue is coming from - hoping someone else has a clue or two - love that my clock is showing an issue at the same time - surely that's a valuable clue to someone?
    That's very suspicious of an exchange level intercept
    09-04-20 10:23 AM
    In the end I found that by uninstalling the Alexa app - all these issues went away!
    I don't know if it really was the Alexa app itself, or a qwirk of the Android operating system and the action of me uninstalling Alexa managed to clear up the issue. I have not seen the issue return.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    09-04-20 10:55 PM
66 123