The last two update of Blackberry Hub & Services is lagging really bad; prior it was running like a charm. On initial launch, Hub message window screen is blank for several (5-15) seconds. Deleting, read and flagging messages takes 5-10 seconds to take effect on the message list. Also, while viewing messages, swap to next or previous message does nothing for 5-10 seconds after initial message view. Incoming messages are delayed as well. The most recent update on Nov 30 version 1.6.2.53287 did not resolve the issue from the previous update. I have 7 email accounts - 5 IMAP and 2 Exchange - all of which were initial setup to retrieve messages "forever" and several email accounts have several hundred messages on the server. Conversation view is enabled. I'm running Build ABI067.
    12-03-18 05:48 AM
    You can wait for the next batch of updates or you can try removing and readding the accounts, might help but only one way to find out. The last build brought quite a few changes, maybe all those accounts didn't play the best.
    12-03-18 10:07 AM
    I have had this issue also with Gmail especially - and after the update, I am no longer getting ANY notifications (sound or LED) for texts for BBM. bizarre.
    12-03-18 02:28 PM
    same issues as "trombetta" described above. Will this ever be fixed?
    12-03-18 09:17 PM
    You can wait for the next batch of updates or you can try removing and readding the accounts, might help but only one way to find out. The last build brought quite a few changes, maybe all those accounts didn't play the best.
    The last build/update? Hub & Services' Nov 30 version 1.6.2.53287 brought no changes. Hub is still lagging big time and becoming increasingly worse (or perhaps I'm becoming increasingly impatient). Hub deletes hang on list for 10-15 seconds after deleting, read messages show unread for what seems forever, flagging/unflagging don't display for some time. Most annoying is not being able to swap through messages for 5-15 seconds after message is displayed. Now running Build ABK892.
    12-10-18 02:17 PM
    same issues as "trombetta" described above. Will this ever be fixed?
    Magic 8 ball says..

'Check back soon'.
    12-10-18 02:18 PM
    I'm having the same major delays in Gmail emails
    12-14-18 10:22 PM
    Same here. I deleted the hub. Pathetic.
    12-15-18 03:31 PM
    same problem here. I posted about this several weeks ago. after the 2nd update, the HUB was initially a little better then it became worse; worse than ever before. I took one person's suggestion and reduced sync time from forever (which was never a problem when I first got the phone and before the Nov update) to 90 days. no different. this is really bad because this is a business phone and I need it to be productive not counter productive. what can we do about this? this is extremely frustrating.
    12-19-18 11:06 AM
    same problem here. I posted about this several weeks ago. after the 2nd update, the HUB was initially a little better then it became worse; worse than ever before. I took one person's suggestion and reduced sync time from forever (which was never a problem when I first got the phone and before the Nov update) to 90 days. no different. this is really bad because this is a business phone and I need it to be productive not counter productive. what can we do about this? this is extremely frustrating.
    I will recommend to delete your accounts in the hub as well as the app and then install fresh again.
    12-19-18 04:16 PM
    Is there an app support team for the BlackBerry App Suite?? I would suspect that the team that develops the apps such as hub, calendar, contacts etc would need to be made aware of the issues?

[email protected] is the email address I find on Google for it. Anybody care to send the email? I don't have a KEY Series device but I am looking at an upgrade myself soon.

Hopefully they can fix the issue quickly as the HUB is one of the few different features that a lot of BlackBerry Android fans love.

Good luck to all!

Posted via CB10
    12-19-18 04:32 PM
    New update in playstore- has this lagging been fixed with the latest update today? 12-20-18
    12-20-18 09:34 AM
    I will recommend to delete your accounts in the hub as well as the app and then install fresh again.
    Thanks, I may have to do that after following up on curves2000 suggestion.
    12-20-18 09:35 AM
    New update in playstore- has this lagging been fixed with the latest update today? 12-20-18
    Just updated and tried 3 times. Small improvement, but still far too slow compared to when I first got the phone before the Nov update that seemed to adversely affect the HUB
    12-20-18 09:57 AM
    thanks for the info
    12-20-18 10:05 AM
    Since the last HUB update I am not getting my Twitter messages in my HUB
    12-21-18 07:46 AM
    Since the last HUB update I am not getting my Twitter messages in my HUB
    Apparently this is a known issue but they won't comment on it.
    12-21-18 09:09 AM
    Oddly for me since the update ive had zero issues you guys are reporting!
    12-21-18 11:46 AM
    It happened to me too....I ended up clearing the data for Blackberry HUB services (not the actual Hub app) which erased all my accounts. But once I re-add everything...now the emails behaving good...instant delivery
    12-21-18 02:27 PM
    The Hub is so slow I just can’t work with it anymore. The best feature of the K2 just became the worst for me. Ugh!
    12-30-18 11:36 AM
    Hub in my device is super smart, I'm always receiving hub notification in the first placeand then receiving app notification after few seconds from Tapatalk.
    12-30-18 12:10 PM
    It happened to me too....I ended up clearing the data for Blackberry HUB services (not the actual Hub app) which erased all my accounts. But once I re-add everything...now the emails behaving good...instant delivery
    This maybe a doable work-around but for those of us with multiple (7) accounts, it's not practical and should not be necessary if the app was behaving.

UPDATE: After the latest (Dec 18) Blackberry Hub & Services version 1.62.53586 update there has been no improvement in the lagging.

Running Blackberry Hub version 1.6.2.16480 (Dec 20) on Key2 (BBF100-2) Build ABK892.
    12-30-18 01:59 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing more than usual battery consumption with Hub + Services since the November 30th update? I'm seeing consumption between 6% to 15% battery and as high as 25% drain for Hub & Services.
    01-09-19 03:49 PM
    This from BlackBerry Mobile Care Contact:

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Mobile Care. Your case number is ALC-1618530, should you need it for future reference or follow-up.

We recommend to try doing the following:
    Go to settings > apps and notifications > see all apps > HUB > storage > clear data
    Go to settings > apps and notifications > see all apps > HUB +services > storage > clear data
    Go to settings > apps and notifications > see all apps > Blackberry Launcher > storage > clear data

Then do a soft reset on your device, please press and hold the power key for 32 seconds.

Please note that this will remove your email accounts from the HUB, you will have to add them back again, and the customized home screen will be reset back to factory defaults, you can customize it back again,

---

My follow-up questions:

Thank you. As noted, I have 7 email accounts (5 IMAP and 2 Exchange) and adding back the mail accounts after clearing data is not a convenient or feasible option.

Is this a known issue since the Nov 30 Hub + Services update? Are your recommended steps the only tested resolution of the issue?

Is there any way to back-up the current mail accounts and home screen settings to restore after the reset back to factory defaults?

---

Follow-up from BlackBerry Mobile Care Contact :

I do understand that you may have several email accounts on your phone, I can not really guarantee that the steps will work but it is suggested to try this first, otherwise it will be necessary to do a factory reset on your phone.

This is not a known issue, some users have reported similar issues but most of the times the issue is not the app itself. Unfortunately the accounts can not be backed up.

---

This is not a known issue? The issue is not the app itself? Really??? Perhaps those experiencing this issue can call or email BlackBerry Mobile Care Contact ([email protected] or (866) 957-0761) and let them know this IS an issue with the Blackberry Hub + Services app since the November 30 update.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-30-19 09:14 AM
    I have had all of the problems described above and have been reduced to doing a factory reset, as the only solution to an otherwise unusable phone. how BB can say this is not a known issue is beyond me - just look at the reviews on Google Play for the Hub+ and BB can be in no doubt (especially as they have responded to some). Three questions: (i) The latest update - for January 2019, not sure of the actual daay is now out but I am reluctant to install it for fear of ending up in the mess I was in before. does anyone know if the problem has been fixed yet and whether it is safe to install this update? the problem is that I cannot use contacts without accepting the update so, once again, the device is close to useless. (ii) Is there an alternative phone and contacts app that anyone would recommend? I am OK for email because of the very good MS Outlook app (iii) if there is, can I simply delete these formerly excellent but now useless Hub +, contacts (and phone?).

Many thanks for any help.
    02-12-19 04:19 PM
32 12