Your email account can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again.

Help!
    01-09-23 10:36 AM
    The Hub is old and outdated and some of the security features have lapsed. My suggestion is to find another email client to use. There might be workarounds but you would need to us more info about what email you are using.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-09-23 10:43 AM
    Your email account can't be authenticated. Update your account settings and try again.

Help!
    A lot depends on what email service your using... provide that and might be able to help as some have some setting to allow less secure apps.

But if it's a work account... forget it.
    01-09-23 03:09 PM
    If it is G mail you can set up a app specific password. For AOL it’s no longer available.
    01-10-23 08:13 AM
    Outlook.com accounts still work. Exchange, it depends on your administrator's settings.
    01-10-23 11:24 AM
    I am currently using Microsoft Outlook which is being "hosted" via GoDaddy... Any Thoughts?
    01-12-23 11:42 AM
    I am currently using Microsoft Outlook which is being "hosted" via GoDaddy... Any Thoughts?
    Hosted... so it's Exchange. If you have access to Administrator settings, you might be able to tweak those to allow a less secure client.

BlackBerry is soon going to have to update it (should have long ago), or go ahead and EOL it.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-12-23 01:31 PM
    hi, i have the same problem. it all started last year.
    i run my own server exchange , office365
    Phone is Blackberry key2 red edition
    it keeps telling me to "your account cannot be authenticated. update your account settings and try again"

is there anything anyone can assist with?
    02-07-24 07:45 PM
    hi, i have the same problem. it all started last year.
    i run my own server exchange , office365
    Phone is Blackberry key2 red edition
    it keeps telling me to "your account cannot be authenticated. update your account settings and try again"

is there anything anyone can assist with?
    However your running Exchange.... it get's updates from Microsoft and those impact settings and security. If you in fact have your own physical server, you should be able to roll back the most recent ones. Office 365 is a cloud based version and you have no control over updates.

My guess is the issue will require BlackBerry to issue an update, good chance they'll soon patch HUB+ for current subscribers. But as they aren't updating EOL versions of HUB+ used by a KEY2..... have to hope MS makes a change that will support the few legacy users having issues.
    02-08-24 07:21 AM
    I've been having this issue starting a few months ago on my KEY2 LE. It's probably affecting battery life as well since it's repeatedly trying to authenticate in the background. The account is a free Hotmail one using Exchange ActiveSync.
    03-05-24 02:10 PM
    I've been having this issue starting a few months ago on my KEY2 LE. It's probably affecting battery life as well since it's repeatedly trying to authenticate in the background. The account is a free Hotmail one using Exchange ActiveSync.
    Some have had more sucess using IMAP setting... but you do lose some functionality.
    03-05-24 03:37 PM
    Some have had more sucess using IMAP setting... but you do lose some functionality.
    Thanks. Yea, that's a problem for me because I also want the calendar and notes to sync. I don't think IMAP supports that.
    03-05-24 03:53 PM
    i think i found the issue
    When you manually enter the details for the exchange, Click on the x next to the password, then click on Add Authentication, the blackberry that doesnt work and keeps giving me this error message has "sign in with Asure"

but i found an old blackberry that i start reusing, when i click on the x and click on Add Authentication, it gives me "sign in with Microsoft", i click on it, it gives me a sign in page, i sign in, takes me back and i am logged in

it worked

so now i am trying to figure out why is the new one asking me to sign in with Asure not Microsoft.
    Nate650 likes this.
    03-07-24 04:57 PM
    i think i found the issue
    When you manually enter the details for the exchange, Click on the x next to the password, then click on Add Authentication, the blackberry that doesnt work and keeps giving me this error message has "sign in with Asure"

but i found an old blackberry that i start reusing, when i click on the x and click on Add Authentication, it gives me "sign in with Microsoft", i click on it, it gives me a sign in page, i sign in, takes me back and i am logged in

it worked

so now i am trying to figure out why is the new one asking me to sign in with Asure not Microsoft.
    My guess it has to do with the type of exchange accounts - private "outlook.com" accounts seem to give that error but "work" accounts can be added - total guess on my part but that is what I am experiencing. Blackberry Hub-screenshot_20240310-104918-2.jpg

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk
    Nate650 likes this.
    03-10-24 09:55 AM
    I found this and I work for me. Thanks to Marko247 I copied option 4 link below
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6d5d14?page=21

"I have found a solution for Outlook email to work in Blackberry Hub for Android, and at the same time, for the Outlook Calendar and Outlook Contacts to sync with your phone's calendar and contact apps.

1. Remove Outlook email account from Blackberry app.

2. Install Outlook app and add your outlook.com email. Go into settings and enable calendar and contacts sync (imperative).

3. Go into your phone's calendar and contact apps, and set them to show content from your newely configured and synced Outlook account.

4. In Blackberry Hub, add your Outlook.com email. Go to Settings > Manage Accounts > + (top right) > Add email account. Enter your email and then click Manual Setup and IMAP. Fill this out using info at https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/...4-9c414e2aa040 . For incoming server, you would enter IMAP server, and for outgoing, use SMTP server with "sign-in" enabled.

Please don't blame Microsoft or Blackberry for these issues. Each has their own problems. These things are complicated. Things brake. With these solutions, you will be able to continue using your Hub, calendar and contacts just the way your did before. No more authentication prompts.

This worked...how you figured this out who knows but good on you!"

Info from link in option 4 below
    IMAP server
    outlook.office365.com

IMAP port

IMAP encryption
    TLS

POP server name
    outlook.office365.com

POP port

POP encryption
    TLS

SMTP server name ******** notice the smtp-mail has a dash
    smtp-mail.outlook.com

SMTP port

SMTP encryption *******make sure to select STARTTLS
    STARTTLS
    03-16-24 01:27 PM
    My guess it has to do with the type of exchange accounts - private "outlook.com" accounts seem to give that error but "work" accounts can be added - total guess on my part but that is what I am experiencing. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240310-104918~2.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	454145

Sent from my BBE100-5 using Tapatalk
    Yep, I also believe that is the issue. Is it a matter of Microsoft not allowing the use of Exchange ActiveSync with personal Outlook/Hotmail accounts?
    03-17-24 12:10 PM
    Yep, I also believe that is the issue. Is it a matter of Microsoft not allowing the use of Exchange ActiveSync with personal Outlook/Hotmail accounts?
    Have you seen anything that supports that idea?

I think it's simply Microsoft phasing out support for older clients that aren't keeping up with the latest communications and security standards. For now they are allowing POP and IMAP access for the outdated HUB+...
    03-18-24 08:04 AM
    the old phone has the "Sign in with microsoft option" at the enter password stage

the phone that the e mail doesnt work on any more, has "sign in with azure" option at password instead

i am trying to post the screen shots but i cant find trhe button
    04-10-24 02:29 AM
    this is the screen shots

Sign in with Azure... thats the problem phone

sign in with microsoft.... this works fine
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Hub-old-phone-sing-microsoft-copy.jpg   Blackberry Hub-new-phone-sign-azure-copy.jpg   Blackberry Hub-old-phone-sing-microsoft-copy.jpg  
    04-10-24 02:32 AM
    hi everyone,
    the issue is how blackberry is communicating with microsoft

when you enter your e mail address in and then it asks for the password, if the password field is Sign in with Microsoft, then it will work

if the sign in password field is "sign in with azure" it, wont

i have tried this now with few phones

unfortunatly, the ones that has "sign in with microsoft" is the old one and the new one is "sign in with azure"

so does anyone know how i can change that?
    04-11-24 12:45 AM
    can someone help?
    04-15-24 04:34 AM
    so does anyone know how i can change that?

can someone help?
    No. We can't change anything. BlackBerry has to do that since they wrote it.

Sent from my SM-S926U using Tapatalk
    04-15-24 11:38 AM
    can someone help?
    If they could they would have... might be able to find a more active "group" on reddit at this point.

Is this a work or personal account? I know Enterprise is using Microsoft's Azure Services a lot these days, one of those being cloud base Azure Active Directory and Email services. BlackBerry did make a "plug in" for administrators to use... but it was an Admin policy that had to be installed and setup - not something you could do on your end.

Of course it could be Microsoft is putting all their other services under Azure as well, so if the consumer Outlook logon server doesn't recognize a logon process, it kick it up a level.....

Either way the problem seems to be HUB+ not being up to date.... nothing you can do.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-15-24 01:03 PM