So since none of the US carriers are going to have the Key2, then I would assume that BlackBerry will soon be dead. And no more devices will be made.
    10-30-18 02:19 PM
    Carriers don't control the future of BlackBerry devices in the US, TCL & customers do.
    10-30-18 02:22 PM
    They made key2 le...does any carrier in USA sell this one?
    10-30-18 02:22 PM
    Well since no carriers will have them, and at least for me, I can't afford to buy until a year or two and I'm on Sprint, later after their price has dropped on Amazon or Ebay. I will be either hanging on the my Keyone or buy a regular android phone and downloading some of the Blackberry apps like the Hub.
    10-30-18 02:30 PM
    Then, BlackBerry isn't dead even for you.
    10-30-18 02:41 PM
    So since none of the US carriers are going to have the Key2, then I would assume that BlackBerry will soon be dead. And no more devices will be made.
    Lots of phones aren't available through carriers.

OnePlus has never been before, and has only now become exclusively available on TMO.
    10-30-18 03:00 PM
    They made key2 le...does any carrier in USA sell this one?
    No, although Verizon did some whitelisting magic that only kicks in with a new SIM, it seems.

The KEY2 was supposed to go to AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile, but all of those respective variants were cancelled.
    hamilgs likes this.
    10-30-18 03:04 PM
    New BlackBerry phones are still being sold. Think outside the carriers.

Set aside $30/month into a smartphone fund. Every 2 years you'll have $720 you can spend on a phone. You'll save a ton of money in the long-run, you'll get to use whatever phone you want, and you can go with whatever carrier is compatible with that phone.
    10-30-18 03:08 PM
    And there is also a market outside of the U.S... shocking right??
    10-30-18 03:26 PM
    New BlackBerry phones are still being sold. Think outside the carriers.

Set aside $30/month into a smartphone fund. Every 2 years you'll have $720 you can spend on a phone. You'll save a ton of money in the long-run, you'll get to use whatever phone you want, and you can go with whatever carrier is compatible with that phone.
    Not to mention going with pre-paid service can save you a ton as well.
    10-30-18 03:29 PM
    Carriers should be avoided like the plague. For the past 6-7 years I’ve stayed away from their scam contracts and bought my own phones. What they’re ready to offer or not phonewise is no business of mine anymore.
    10-30-18 03:40 PM
    Tim Italy = 10€ per month for 30 months + 49€ in advance. Total = 349€ for the Key2!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-18 04:00 PM
    Actually, BB will NOT be dead, because it's now a SOFTWARE company that only licenses the BB brand to TCL.

So, even if the phone business dies completely, BB as a company will still be around - the majority of its revenue/profit is now from other products.

Also, as others have pointed out, there IS a world outside of the USA.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-30-18 04:33 PM
    Tim Italy = 10€ per month for 30 months + 49€ in advance. Total = 349€ for the Key2!

Posted via CB10
    That's right. TIM Italy, Orange (Eastern Europe), Vodafone UK, and all Canadian carriers carry it.
    10-30-18 04:55 PM
    Actually, BB will NOT be dead, because it's now a SOFTWARE company that only licenses the BB brand to TCL.

So, even if the phone business dies completely, BB as a company will still be around - the majority of its revenue/profit is now from other products.

Really? Is there really? Where does Lord Stanley’s Cup reside? Where did Johnny Football Manziel join a football team only after washing out in the NFL?

Haven’t you seen the migrant caravan tracking through Manitoba and Saskatchewan to Ontario to Windsor Tunnel...

Er “snowbird migrant caravan”..... ;-)

We do have factory unlocked phones too. Just nobody buys them in any significance....

Do still love you canucks especially glwerry
    hamilgs likes this.
    10-30-18 05:04 PM
    Lots of phones aren't available through carriers.

OnePlus has never been before, and has only now become exclusively available on TMO.
    There’s also more countries in the world than the U.S., contrary to popular belief.
    10-30-18 05:20 PM

We do have factory unlocked phones too. Just nobody buys them in any significance....
    Hey hold on there!!! I bought a factory unlocked BlackBerry KEY2 and I'm pretty damn significant just so you know... 😁

Bob
    Jrox74, hamilgs, Sigewif and 1 others like this.
    10-30-18 05:23 PM
    Yeah, it's really just in the United States where TCL is in the unenviable situation of simultaneously requiring carrier support to sell the device in meaningful quantities while having the sales appeal of moldy bread. Elsewhere either has all the carriers on board (Canada) or isn't as carrier-centered (literally everywhere else in the world).
    BigAl_BB9900 and hamilgs like this.
    10-30-18 05:23 PM
    Far from dead. I reckon we will all be way before it is....

Question is, will bugs still haunt the software? Will security patches and OS updates deliver on time and will every user still dream of BB10?

I bet the answer to all is YES!
    hamilgs likes this.
    10-30-18 05:32 PM
    You’re the exception
    Hey hold on there!!! I bought a factory unlocked BlackBerry KEY2 and I'm pretty damn significant just so you know... ������

Bob
    10-30-18 08:03 PM
    Hey hold on there!!! I bought a factory unlocked BlackBerry KEY2 and I'm pretty damn significant just so you know... ������

Bob
    I think that was a Calvin and Hobbes comic... "I'm significant! (the speck screamed at the universe)"
    hamilgs likes this.
    10-30-18 08:11 PM
    Do US carriers represent the global market?

Don't think so.
    10-30-18 08:19 PM
    Do US carriers represent the global market?

Don't think so.
    USA represents a top lucrative market that’s also single market that only has single nation status of regulations. Lack of carrier and regulatory fragmentation has it’s own attractiveness.
    10-30-18 08:29 PM
    Blackberry needs to do better in order to revive the brand. Otherwise it's pointless to maintain a 0.1% market share. Stop making phones with unacceptable issues, such as hardware failures (screen lift? space key wobbles? ZERO splash resistance whatsoever ? )

If they can fix these things, then I maybe BB will get a chance
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    10-30-18 11:01 PM
    Blackberry needs to do better in order to revive the brand. Otherwise it's pointless to maintain a 0.1% market share. Stop making phones with unacceptable issues, such as hardware failures (screen lift? space key wobbles? ZERO splash resistance whatsoever ? )

If they can fix these things, then I maybe BB will get a chance
    Are you referring to BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) and Optiemus?

What is the alternative to these two companies doing the best they can?
    10-30-18 11:17 PM
133 123 ...