Hi,

Is there a way to delete all the contacts on the key2? I have more than 8000 contacts showing under "All contacts". I believe this happened because I stopped the content transfer app operation midway while it was transferring pictures (I realized I didn't wanted over 1000 pictures to be transferred - too lengthy process). In the second attempt, I unticked the pictures box and moved over other things successfully but I understand it started transferring the contacts again resulting in doubling of contacts. I hope what I deduced is possibly correct and I stand to be corrected.

Now the question is can I delete those 8000 contacts and relaunch content transfer app with selection of only contacts from the selection list?

Merging of duplicate contacts could be solution but I don't have good memories of this step from the past.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
    06-25-20 10:44 AM
    are all of your contacts stored as Local only on your Keyone?

You can erase all the contacts on the key2 easily enough but they is probably better ways to get the contacts on the key2 as it is
    06-25-20 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the quick response, Howarmat.

Not just "Local contacts", there are whatsapp contacts, gmail account contacts, Hotmail contacts - all are shown.

However, I just want to get rid of these contacts and redo a fresh contacts transfer from keyone to key2.
    06-25-20 11:03 AM
    Thanks for the quick response, Howarmat.

Not just "Local contacts", there are whatsapp contacts, gmail account contacts, Hotmail contacts - all are shown.

However, I just want to get rid of these contacts and redo a fresh contacts transfer from keyone to key2.
    Hello

Go to contacts and select settings
    Select Accounts
    Will display all the active accounts you have as contacts. Tick box to the right.
    Un tick all except the account in question with contacts you want to remove.
    Then on view you only have the account.
    Here can proceed to remove contacts and or remove all by removing account.
    06-25-20 12:12 PM
    Rico,

I noticed the "Local contacts" is the one showing in excess of 4000. Hotmail and gmail contacts are still the same as they are in Keyone.

I guess I deployed the content transfer app twice which caused the "swelling" in local contacts. Hence, the "All contacts" is in excess of 8000 because it counts all contacts coming under it.

The steps you advised doesn't show the "Local contacts" as a selectable option like the gmail and Hotmail contacts.

any thoughts?
    06-25-20 12:37 PM
    Rico,

I noticed the "Local contacts" is the one showing in excess of 4000. Hotmail and gmail contacts are still the same as they are in Keyone.

I guess I deployed the content transfer app twice which caused the "swelling" in local contacts. Hence, the "All contacts" is in excess of 8000 because it counts all contacts coming under it.

The steps you advised doesn't show the "Local contacts" as a selectable option like the gmail and Hotmail contacts.

any thoughts?
    In contacts click the 3 lines at top left corner. There you can select local contacts.
    06-25-20 12:45 PM
    Thanks BBuso77,

"In contacts click the 3 lines at top left corner. There you can select local contacts."

Shall I delete all these and then redo the transfer from keyone to key2 ? how to choose only the local contacts while doing the transfer? I think it will transfer all contacts again.
    06-25-20 12:59 PM
    Thanks BBuso77,

"In contacts click the 3 lines at top left corner. There you can select local contacts."

Shall I delete all these and then redo the transfer from keyone to key2 ? how to choose only the local contacts while doing the transfer? I think it will transfer all contacts again.
    I think it will transfer all the contacts again. You will have to delete what you don't want to keep.
    06-25-20 07:44 PM
    "I think it will transfer all the contacts again. You will have to delete what you don't want to keep."

To manually go thru 4000 contacts and delete the redundant ones could be tedious.

What if I delete the Hotmail account? will it remove all the contacts? all contacts are synced to the Hotmail account, only 2 contacts are synced to the gmail account.

Shall I do the content transfer before recreating the Hotmail account or after that?
    06-26-20 06:06 AM
    "I think it will transfer all the contacts again. You will have to delete what you don't want to keep."

To manually go thru 4000 contacts and delete the redundant ones could be tedious.

What if I delete the Hotmail account? will it remove all the contacts? all contacts are synced to the Hotmail account, only 2 contacts are synced to the gmail account.

Shall I do the content transfer before recreating the Hotmail account or after that?
    I don't think deleting the hotmail account will delete the contacts. They will have to be deleted manually.

When you set up the account you can choose to NOT sync contacts though.
    06-26-20 08:40 AM
    I found something but not sure what it will do. Perhaps someone here knows about it.

When you tap and hold the "contacts" icon, a small dropdown window appears with a pen symbol on right side , perhaps it is "edit". The title of this mini window is "contacts" and it is editable so that you can rename it. On the bottom left side is a "RESET" option. Is this the one that will clear all contacts?

Plz advise.
    06-26-20 09:04 AM
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    06-26-20 12:27 PM
    I found something but not sure what it will do. Perhaps someone here knows about it.

When you tap and hold the "contacts" icon, a small dropdown window appears with a pen symbol on right side , perhaps it is "edit". The title of this mini window is "contacts" and it is editable so that you can rename it. On the bottom left side is a "RESET" option. Is this the one that will clear all contacts?

Plz advise.
    No, that's only to change the wording under the app icon.
    All your cloud accounts contacts will sync over to the new device when you sign in on it. It's just the local contacts that you'll have to comb through for duplicates.
    06-27-20 06:11 AM
    Any help will be much appreciated.
    I'd move all the local contacts over with Content Transfer, then you can check for duplicates after.
    To check for doubles open the contacts app, tap the settings cog top right corner, contacts management, then touch duplicates.
    06-27-20 06:15 AM
    Thanks for the reply, Ben xfg.

"I'd move all the local contacts over with Content Transfer, then you can check for duplicates after. "

I didn't see any option in content transfer to move ONLY local contacts, I think it transfers all contacts.

As of now, there are 4000+ local contacts on key2. Almost all are double entries. Shall I merge them? is it safe? I don't have a good experience from my past BB devices where merging resulted in more chaos.

Thanks again for your time and attention.
    06-27-20 06:49 AM
    Thanks for the reply, Ben xfg.

"I'd move all the local contacts over with Content Transfer, then you can check for duplicates after. "

I didn't see any option in content transfer to move ONLY local contacts, I think it transfers all contacts.

As of now, there are 4000+ local contacts on key2. Almost all are double entries. Shall I merge them? is it safe? I don't have a good experience from my past BB devices where merging resulted in more chaos.

Thanks again for your time and attention.
    Content Transfer is only capable of moving the local contacts, the rest are control your cloud accounts. The ideal solution would be to move all the rest of your local contacts to some sort of cloud storage as well.

When merging duplicates, it will look for doubles and then ask if you would like to merge, delete one, or ignore.
    06-27-20 07:36 AM