Hello,

So my Key2 is a few weeks old now and I am really enjoying it except for one problem. The calendar does not sync any accounts apart from my Gmail account. I have two work accounts in the Hub and those accounts work well for emails, however, they do not show up in the calendar.

I made sure that the the box by sync calendar is checked for each of the two accounts. I tried adding the accounts to the calendar by going to settings and taping the '+' sign, but it says I already use the account and cannot use duplicates.

I would be very obliged for any help because I am at a loss for what to do now. I didn't have to do any additional steps with the Classic, the email accounts from the hub would automatically show up in the calendar!

Cheers
    Tasi
    11-16-18 05:06 PM
    If you use a Mac and the Apple Calendar SyncMate works perfectly. You have to plug it in or sync via WiFi, so it's not instant like Google. It does work and it's two way sync.

https://www.sync-mac.com

Hope this helps.
    11-17-18 01:17 AM
    If you use a Mac and the Apple Calendar SyncMate works perfectly. You have to plug it in or sync via WiFi, so it's not instant like Google. It does work and it's two way sync.

https://www.sync-mac.com

Hope this helps.
    Hi, thanks for the suggestion, however I do not use a Mac :/
    11-17-18 02:16 AM
    Open the Google Calendar app and click on 'Refresh'. Wait a minute or 2 and then see if you see the updates in the BlackBerry Calendar.
    11-17-18 05:25 AM
    Hello,

So my Key2 is a few weeks old now and I am really enjoying it except for one problem. The calendar does not sync any accounts apart from my Gmail account. I have two work accounts in the Hub and those accounts work well for emails, however, they do not show up in the calendar.

I made sure that the the box by sync calendar is checked for each of the two accounts. I tried adding the accounts to the calendar by going to settings and taping the '+' sign, but it says I already use the account and cannot use duplicates.

I would be very obliged for any help because I am at a loss for what to do now. I didn't have to do any additional steps with the Classic, the email accounts from the hub would automatically show up in the calendar!

Cheers
    Tasi
    It's possible that it's syncing but just not being displayed. On the BlackBerry Calendar, try the menu (3 horizontal bars, top right) and toggle the accounts you want to display.
    11-17-18 08:16 AM
    try the free versions of Outlook. almost instantaneous updating on my Z30, Motion, and two laptops. entry or modification on any one of the four shows up on the other three in a second or two.
    11-17-18 10:47 AM
    Open the Google Calendar app and click on 'Refresh'. Wait a minute or 2 and then see if you see the updates in the BlackBerry Calendar.
    I concur with this advice. In fact, you should refresh on both Google and and Blackberry. I've just done the same and it's worked.
    11-17-18 12:51 PM
    It's possible that it's syncing but just not being displayed. On the BlackBerry Calendar, try the menu (3 horizontal bars, top right) and toggle the accounts you want to display.
    Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it, but the other accounts don't show up at all!
    11-17-18 01:14 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion
    I was quite hoping to use only one calendar app. Using two apps for the same info seems a little inefficient to me.

I contacted BlackBerry support and they very kindly responded immediately. Apparently the BlackBerry Calendar only syncs if the accounts are set up as exchange accounts (at the risk of sounding like a complainer I will say this: the account worked fine on my old classic). One of my work accounts can be set up as an exchange account - so that is okay. However the other one can only be set up as IMAP or POP3, so I am still on the look out for a solution for that. Does the Google calendar sync IMAP/POP3 account calendars? If yes I might just ditch the BlackBerry Calendar and download the Google one.
    11-17-18 01:20 PM
    Does the Google calendar sync IMAP/POP3 account calendars? If yes I might just ditch the BlackBerry Calendar and download the Google one.
    There is no such thing like IMAP/POP3 calendar. Those protocols are for email only. Only difference is how those handle email messages...

Is there any particular reason why can't you add accounts the "normal way"?? Meaning adding them via account wizard instead of manual IMAP/POP3 setup?? And what client you use?? Account added to BalckberryHUB should start syncing automatically...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-17-18 01:56 PM
    There is no such thing like IMAP/POP3 calendar. Those protocols are for email only. Only difference is how those handle email messages...

Is there any particular reason why can't you add accounts the "normal way"?? Meaning adding them via account wizard instead of manual IMAP/POP3 setup?? And what client you use?? Account added to BalckberryHUB should start syncing automatically...
    I am not sure what the normal way is.
    I went to the hub and tapped on add account. After that I entered the email and password and then I had to select from the options IMAP, POP3, and Exchange. After that I had to enter the server addresse etc. Is there another way?
    11-17-18 02:25 PM
    I went to the hub and tapped on add account. After that I entered the email and password and then I had to select from the options IMAP, POP3, and Exchange. After that I had to enter the server addresse etc. Is there another way?
    Ditto!

I'd love to know the answer too
    11-17-18 02:40 PM
    One of our accounts is IMAP as well. IIRC, for the calendar to be added we had to do so directly in the calendar app as a Caldav account.
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Calendar-53468.jpg  
    11-17-18 03:14 PM
    So I get those work accounts are not GMail accounts nor Exchange. In that case manual adding calendar to the client will be as per @gebco post above. It will be separate operation to adding the email account.
    11-17-18 03:35 PM
    Ditto!

I'd love to know the answer too
    I was referring to using built-in wizards that are usually available in the HUB. GMail and MS Exchange accounts are usually covered here...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-17-18 03:36 PM
    I was referring to using built-in wizards that are usually available in the HUB. GMail and MS Exchange accounts are usually covered here...
    Yeah, so my Gmail account happened automatically. But for all other accounts (even exchange) I needed to put in the server
    , etc settings manually
    11-17-18 05:13 PM
    One of our accounts is IMAP as well. IIRC, for the calendar to be added we had to do so directly in the calendar app as a Caldav account.
    What server do I have to enter in the settings? The same server as for my e-mail?
    I tried both the incoming and outgoing servers and I keep getting the error 'cannot connect to server. Please check your settings'
    11-17-18 05:26 PM
    What server do I have to enter in the settings? The same server as for my e-mail?
    I tried both the incoming and outgoing servers and I keep getting the error 'cannot connect to server. Please check your settings'
    For my account, I let Caldav setup do its thing, then when it returned the error to edit the settings I did a Google search for my provider and found that all I had to do was change the server address.
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry Calendar-53472.jpg  
    11-17-18 05:46 PM
    This is the question your IT Support should be able to answer...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    11-17-18 06:46 PM
    Okay, cool, I shall ask the IT guys!
    Thanks for the help everyone
    11-18-18 07:37 AM
    Okay, cool, I shall ask the IT guys!
    Thanks for the help everyone
    Or try looking at the settings for that account on your Classic if you still have it.
    11-18-18 11:36 AM