KEYtwelve leaked well ahead of launch:

Attachment 435512
    This is creepy lookin
    04-10-18 09:43 PM
    This is creepy lookin
    Google trypophobia.
    04-10-18 09:52 PM
    Umm, there is dual cameras. Space is required between LCD and PKB, so the phone wouldn't really be any shorter with on-screen buttons (but you save screen space), and if you care about sound as much as you think you do, you don't listen to must on phone speakers (besides 9times out of ten a mono speaker will sound better than stereo at that size).
    04-10-18 11:07 PM
    Might as well, the Venn diagram between CB users and their target market is just a circle.
    I would argue the K1 changed that to a degree. I think satisfying the all the CB whiners who want replica's of BB phones that sold horribly would be sure path to going back to the CB=K1 circle.
    04-10-18 11:10 PM
    If this is the real deal and there is a duel camera and it is upgraded from the KEYone, plus better in other ways, Let's just say it would be very tempting to get this phone.
    Fred Wu and herbersh like this.
    04-10-18 11:49 PM
    Yah, highly doubt this one. Especially since the numbers are arranged differently. Wouldn't make sense for them to just decide to do this all of a sudden especially since BB's let you use the keyboard to make phone calls. Only makes sense for the numbers to be arranged like on a phone dialpad...
    04-11-18 12:27 AM
    Not for me...

Turn this into a slider:

Attachment 435510

Make it look like this:

Attachment 435511

Give android a few small enhancements to utilize the buttons for a really usable one handed operation.

Sell them to people who want true productivity.

Today on my K1: 1. open voicemail, 2 tap on voicemail I want to hear then 3 hit the play button to actually hear the voicemail.tap on the voicemail. I call BS!

BB Mobile: Please produce a productive device for those who want one. Then feel free to keep making those slabs for those who think they are great.
    I like your design. It actually looks like a BlackBerry. Can you show the keyboard?
    04-11-18 01:04 AM
    If they keep the row of stationary android buttons instead of just making the screen taller, they're honestly clueless.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-18 01:30 AM
    Not for me...

Turn this into a slider:

Attachment 435510

Make it look like this:

Attachment 435511

Give android a few small enhancements to utilize the buttons for a really usable one handed operation.

Sell them to people who want true productivity.

Today on my K1: 1. open voicemail, 2 tap on voicemail I want to hear then 3 hit the play button to actually hear the voicemail.tap on the voicemail. I call BS!

BB Mobile: Please produce a productive device for those who want one. Then feel free to keep making those slabs for those who think they are great.
    This design concept is way too old, nowhere near a appealing look. I think maybe only old BB fans getting used to such old look in the old models will like this.
    04-11-18 01:50 AM
    If only the chinese hardware designers sitting in Taiwan or wherever else could read these forum posts & get themselves to design something which will not be plagued with embarrassing issues after launch. Screen ratios, antenna placement, 4 rows, dual speakers, trackpad for the cursor.. et all. But alas!

Ironically even EMTEK BBM Messenger is in the same boat... run by guys who don't speak english & do not bother to read reviews of their product.
    04-11-18 02:45 AM
    I like your design. It actually looks like a BlackBerry. Can you show the keyboard?
    That's exactly why no one else is interested in blackberry phone anymore.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-11-18 03:42 AM
    with sony batch of 2018 phone design that differentiate from both sammy and space ship, BB better pay attention. the color scheme of sony is amazing... well "polished".
    04-11-18 04:46 AM
    Comparing some of the sizes:

BlackBerry Athena Renders-athena-1.jpg

Looks like they made the keyboard a bit longer and moved the screen up by making the top bezel smaller.
    04-11-18 04:53 AM

Looks like they made the keyboard a bit longer and moved the screen up by making the top bezel smaller.
    Ah, thanks for that. I had hoped the Athena is not longer than the K1, so hope you're right.
    04-11-18 05:10 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	athena-1.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	435516

Whatever room they gained by shrinking the top bezel is lost by those ******* capacitive keys which managed to be more annoying than K1's glossy keyboard, and that's saying something!

I (and almost everyone who is interested in the next gen PKB) really really hope the android buttons are on-screen.

I'd even sacrifice an amoled AND matte keys if it meant having these capacitive keys gtfo

The glossy keys are obviously next on the list lol
    04-11-18 05:41 AM
    Google trypophobia.
    I'll pass. Nice try, lol. I kno wut it is, I just couldn't remember wut it was called. I was thinkin "trachnophobia" . But yea, I'm sure I have it :-/
    04-11-18 05:59 AM

almost everyone who is interested in the next gen PKB really really hope the android buttons are on-screen.
    [Citation needed]
    tnewton3 likes this.
    04-11-18 06:01 AM
    I don't think it is legit. There was talk about right shift key being turned into a shortcuts key.

Angular sides look hideous also with brushed aluminum. My eyes literally hurt.

If true, capacitive nav buttons are no go for me. Should find a way for buying a Ghost Pro.
    Agreed. Utterly no reason to hijack screen space for nav buttons. Go virtual. And keep the BlackBerry logo on the space key.
    04-11-18 06:02 AM
    Whatever room they gained by shrinking the top bezel is lost by those ******* capacitive keys which managed to be more annoying than K1's glossy keyboard, and that's saying something!

I (and almost everyone who is interested in the next gen PKB) really really hope the android buttons are on-screen.

I'd even sacrifice an amoled AND matte keys if it meant having these capacitive keys gtfo

The glossy keys are obviously next on the list lol
    Honestly, they could save a lot more screen real-estate by just making a slider. The capacitive buttons have never been a burden on my Priv.
    04-11-18 06:06 AM
    If they keep the row of stationary android buttons instead of just making the screen taller, they're honestly clueless.

Posted via CB10
    Screen musts respect a ratio.

Even without thoses buttons, screen wouldn't be taller.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-18 06:22 AM
    Agreed. Utterly no reason to hijack screen space for nav buttons. Go virtual. And keep the BlackBerry logo on the space key.
    Rumors I've read is the next PKB blackberry would keep the fingerprint sensor; so is it on the space bar still?
    04-11-18 06:26 AM
    Rumors I've read is the next PKB blackberry would keep the fingerprint sensor; so is it on the space bar still?
    I would be shocked if it wasn't.
    04-11-18 07:09 AM
    I see no reason to move the fingerprint sensor to anywhere else. The placement is perfect.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    phuoc likes this.
    04-11-18 07:15 AM
    Honestly, they could save a lot more screen real-estate by just making a slider. The capacitive buttons have never been a burden on my Priv.
    The navigation buttons on the Priv aren't a burden because they're NOT capacitive, they are on-screen.

As for the KEYone, while the capacitive buttons are both physically part of the same module as the display itself, it remains two separate entities. That's why the ribbon cable is split into two, one for the display and the other tiny one is for the capacitive keys.

Yet another reason why capacitive style sucks is because it takes a much more accurate finger placement for the action to register. Just ask anyone who purchased a screen protector for their KEYone, more likely than not, the sensitivity was greatly reduced once applied. No one ever complained about Priv's navigation buttons not responding, and that's for a good reason.
    When on-screen, you can very lightly tape anywhere on the entire button area itself, which would be a third of the bottom row and it would instantly either go back, go home or open recents. It has the same sensitivity as any other part of the display.
    I think it's pretty clear that there is zero advantages to having capacitive over on-screen. I mean, if they're not gonna be on-screen, might as well make them physical buttons, maybe ones that don't protrude, like toolbelt of classic, and every bold, curve etc...
    Last edited by the_boon; 04-11-18 at 07:35 AM.
    04-11-18 07:23 AM
    Yah, highly doubt this one. Especially since the numbers are arranged differently. Wouldn't make sense for them to just decide to do this all of a sudden especially since BB's let you use the keyboard to make phone calls. Only makes sense for the numbers to be arranged like on a phone dialpad...
    I agree about the numbers but someone in here posted a little while ago (before this render) that they were told by a BlackBerry Rep the numbers would be along the top row like this.
    04-11-18 07:55 AM
297 12345 ...