QWERTY keyboard BlackBerry Athena renders from all angles « SLASHLEAKS

Just noticed this today. Not sure how accurate it is.
    DWonder and andicried76 like this.
    04-10-18 06:11 AM
    I'm not sure why the title is double posted. Can a mod fit it? Thanks.
    04-10-18 06:13 AM
    You never know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dual camera on back.
    skinnymike1 and Sigewif like this.
    04-10-18 06:15 AM
    I don't think it is legit. There was talk about right shift key being turned into a shortcuts key.

Angular sides look hideous also with brushed aluminum. My eyes literally hurt.

If true, capacitive nav buttons are no go for me. Should find a way for buying a Ghost Pro.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    04-10-18 06:15 AM
    I don't think it is legit. There was talk about right shift key being turned into a shortcuts key.

Angular sides look hideous also with brushed aluminum. My eyes literally hurt.

If true, capacitive nav buttons are no go for me. Should find a way for buying a Ghost Pro.
    I think that's the guy who broke an accurate render of the iPhone X, months in advance.
    04-10-18 06:49 AM
    I think that's the guy who broke an accurate render of the iPhone X, months in advance.
    Then I am very very disappointed.
    04-10-18 06:57 AM
    Then I am very very disappointed.
    What's in your mind then? It looks similar to the one who reported back from WMC after talking with BBM guy, saying there will be a KEYone like phone with bigger screen and keyboard. And we all know one of the two releases will be KEYone 2. So it's not a surprise if the actual one looks like this.
    04-10-18 07:03 AM
    What's in your mind then? It looks similar to the one who reported back from WMC after talking with BBM guy, saying there will be a KEYone like phone with bigger screen and keyboard. And we all know one of the two releases will be KEYone 2. So it's not a surprise if the actual one looks like this.
    What was in my mind was exactly the same keyone design with stereo speakers, dual camera and on screen Navi buttons. I was not dreaming the impossible but

Seriously considering importing the Ghost Pro at the moment.
    04-10-18 07:07 AM
    I really don't know how could they continue with capacitative Navigation buttons.
    EVERY review pointed out that flaw. EVERY.
    Still since its just a render from an unverified source I'll reserve my thoughts.
    Damn the number row is on the top as had been reported. FML.
    I love the attention to detail though.
    The back is is a texture which is the flags of the BlackBerry logo. Nice touch that.
    Not sure what I feel about the top. As of now, like the KEYᴼᴺᴱ's better.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    Last edited by AmritD; 04-10-18 at 08:48 AM.
    the_boon likes this.
    04-10-18 07:19 AM
    I really don't know who could they continue with capacitative Navigation buttons.
    EVERY review pointed out that flaw. EVERY.
    Still since its just a render from an unverified source I'll reserve my thoughts.
    Damn the number row is on the top as had been reported. FML.
    I love the attention to detail though.
    The back is is a texture which is the flags of the BlackBerry logo. Nice touch that.
    Not sure what I feel about the top. As of now, like the KEYᴼᴺᴱ's better.

I won't mind either way, but I prefer the navigation buttons as they are.
    tigrute likes this.
    04-10-18 07:30 AM
    I won't mind either way, but I prefer the navigation buttons as they are.
    Well I believe you are the minority.
    I hate the navigation buttons as they are.
    A little unreliable and comes in way of swiping up words quite a bit.

DWonder, skinnymike1 and Hazo like this.
    04-10-18 07:32 AM
    Well I believe you are the minority.
    I hate the navigation buttons as they are.
    A little unreliable and comes in way of swiping up words quite a bit.

I use them so much that I don't want them to go on and off by context (it won't always get it right), and physical keys would slow me down.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    04-10-18 07:36 AM
    Needs larger keys, IMHO.
    04-10-18 07:42 AM
    I use them so much that I don't want them to go on and off by context (it won't always get it right), and physical keys would slow me down.
    I don't want them to go on and off by context either.
    Don't think physical keys would slow me down though.

04-10-18 08:47 AM
    Nice post

-the look of the keyboard

Dislikes:
    -naviation buttons aren't physical. Come on!

Questions (that likely won't get answered yet):
    -wut will the spacebar be capable of?
    -will spacebar work like a trackpad (or have scroll capabilities)?
    -wut are the 2 button lookin things next to both shift buttons?
    04-10-18 09:10 AM
    Nice post

Dislikes:

Personally I think this render is B.S.
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-10-18 09:23 AM
    Time will tell. It's something to look at in the mean time. I needed this, lol
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    04-10-18 09:27 AM
    Nice post

Dislikes:

The Silver version will be the one to wait for....
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-10-18 11:26 AM
    I have a feeling they aren't. Bla1ze likely already know and for him to post it on the front page (even if he says he is unsure) tells me they likely are real or pretty close to it.
    04-10-18 12:01 PM
    There are so many flaws with the design I don't want to talk about it. It is sooooo apparent that TCL put their own design team to work. It has all the design inconsistencies the second league Chinese oems have. I am sorry to be a doomsbringer but now we can say goodbye to BlackBerry of old.
    04-10-18 12:06 PM
    There are so many flaws with the design I don't want to talk about it. It is sooooo apparent that TCL put their own design team to work. It has all the design inconsistencies the second league Chinese oems have. I am sorry to be a doomsbringer but now we can say goodbye to BlackBerry of old.
    Like what?
    tazcubed likes this.
    04-10-18 12:12 PM
    I believe phones like the S8 have a toggle to keep the nav buttons present on screen at all times, no matter if you're gaming, watching a video etc.. Problem solved. Capacitive sucks period. These days a PKB phone could really use that screen estate, this is especially important for reviewers and those who tend to dismiss PKB's as eating up too much space.

Its the only thing that bothers the hell out of me with this render, and those ugly curves of the screen. The rest looks nice, especially the flat sides like Motion, which would help tremendously with grippiness.
    04-10-18 12:15 PM
    I believe phones like the S8 have a toggle to keep the nav buttons present on screen at all times. Problem solved. Capacitive sucks period, and a PKB phone could use that screen estate, this is especially important for reviewers and those who tend to dismiss PKB's at eating up too much space.

Its the only thing that bothers the hell out of me with this render, and those ugly curves of the screen. The rest looks nice, especially the flat sides like Motion, which would help tremendously with grippiness.
    The problem isn't solved, because I want my 3:2 maintained at all times - even with the row of keys.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-10-18 12:17 PM
    Like what?
    Very angular design with rounded glass. Matte materials with brushed aluminum, I guess the back texture is like motion's which looks very cheap because the weaves are coarse. It has 4 different textures and only two of them compliment each other. It is pretty ugly. But aesthetics are subjective of course.

For me it looks like a Frankenstein kid of motion and keyone and not in a good way.

It is 2018, what is wrong with the designers using brushed aluminum. I mean c'mon how old are you 72? If you want a sleek industrial dark look you go matte. Period.

The keyboard already makes the design crowded. So they should keep it simple for the other parts. Even the glossiness was a bad choice for the first keyone keys and chin.

Having a lot of different textures. It looks old af.
    04-10-18 12:22 PM
    The problem isn't solved, because I want my 3:2 maintained at all times - even with the row of keys.
    It could have been maintained when the nav buttons are hidden. Or when they are constant.
    04-10-18 12:31 PM
297 123 ...