Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
12-03-18 11:38 AM
28 12
tools
    Okay, I am on quite a bit of theme groups on Telegram. I have just learned at starting on Android Pie [9] Google is set to disable overlays.

If you'd like to theme your next BlackBerry device, you're going to NEED to have your device rooted. I highlu doubt that we'd be able to root our BlackBerru devices....
    11-23-18 10:03 AM
    I'm not sure if everyone is aware as I haven't seen a topic on this.

It's possible to use substratum theming engine on the KEY2. All you need is the (paid) plug-in andromeda and you're able to theme quite a few apps. I'm using the "Swift Black" theme on my KEY2 and it's a huge help to have a mostly black UI. When installing the Swift Black theme, for example, I select the "Android 8.1 - Nexus/Pixel" option and it works quite well on Blackberry KEY2. System UI, dialer, soft keyboard and other apps are themed quite nicely. You'll have to replace the Calendar and Contacts app if you want those themed but it's doable.

It does not theme BB HUB, but they now have a dark theme for BB HUB enabled in Settings.

I'll likely post a guide at a later time.
    What do you mean replace calendar & contacts?
    11-26-18 09:28 AM
    Hey @BlindDroid

I know this is an old thread but I wanted to first say thanks for the walk through, much appreciated. Second, I did want to ask a question about the notifications/shades. I went through the whole procedure with andromeda in adb paired with substratum and got the layers of Swift Black to build for much of the items I was looking for. However, after enabling and rebooting etc, my status bar notification pop ups are white/gray background with white text -- making them nearly illegible; is that something you encountered?

gs
    Last edited by gilnfld; 12-03-18 at 11:40 AM. Reason: typos
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    12-03-18 11:38 AM
28 12