Hi guys I just got my KeyTwo and I was wondering what is the best way to transfer from the KeyOne to KeyTwo. Use android system transfer? Will the hub be integrated ? Or just use the blackberry content transfer app ? Help is appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Best way to move from KEYone to KEY2?-img-20180704-wa0006.jpg   Best way to move from KEYone to KEY2?-img-20180704-wa0007.jpg  
    07-04-18 10:35 AM
    The majority of your data is tied to your google account. Assuming all of your contacts are saved to your google account, they will all be there.

The hub will automatically populate with all of your existing emails once you log back into it on your new device.

Otherwise, content transfer app works great. However, the best part about using android is how seamless everything is with your google account. No more wires, no more local backups that take forever and work 50% of the time. (BlackBerry Link, I'm looking at you)
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-04-18 10:53 AM
    The majority of your data is tied to your google account. Assuming all of your contacts are saved to your google account, they will all be there.

The hub will automatically populate with all of your existing emails once you log back into it on your new device.

Otherwise, content transfer app works great. However, the best part about using android is how seamless everything is with your google account. No more wires, no more local backups that take forever and work 50% of the time. (BlackBerry Link, I'm looking at you)
    Thanks for the response. The phone(stock) app with all the call log well they be migrated with the built-in android transfer ?
    07-04-18 11:26 AM

Well my hub didn't backup from Google account. I even tried a new reset to try again. I had to set up all the accounts again. It took me a long time as they all had different settings and aren't easy like Gmail or whatever. Tell me how that works for when i need to do it again? Thanks
    07-04-18 12:48 PM
    Well my hub didn't backup from Google account. I even tried a new reset to try again. I had to set up all the accounts again. It took me a long time as they all had different settings and aren't easy like Gmail or whatever. Tell me how that works for when i need to do it again? Thanks
    That's on BlackBerry - they need to tell the Hub to back up to Google. Or add the ability to make a backup of settings like Nova or Solid Explorer. Or both, Solid always restores from Google backup without me doing anything.

That being said, when you start the KEY² it should ask during setup if you'd like to restore from another backup - that's the backup to Google that comes from your KEYone. It won't be 100% because of differences in OS versions and apps like the Hub that might not be backed up, but it's far preferable to starting out from scratch.
    07-04-18 01:27 PM
    I used Google to transfer from KEYone to KEY2 which worked well. Hub didn't set up automatically but I just put both phones side by side and went through each accounts settings. Biggest ballache was getting my licence to work on Poweramp but thats all sorted now!
    07-04-18 03:44 PM
    Yep and the Content Transfer app is at 36 hours and counting on my wife’s keyone- her original keyone malfunctioned and she got a new one- what does it take, like 15 minutes to switch iOS devices? And since her Content Transfer app is linked to my wife’s Gmail account, and all the photos on the phone live in Google land anyway, not on the phone, why on earth does it take so long?
    08-23-18 05:27 PM
    Just add 1
    08-24-18 11:37 AM
    Yep and the Content Transfer app is at 36 hours and counting on my wife’s keyone- her original keyone malfunctioned and she got a new one- what does it take, like 15 minutes to switch iOS devices? And since her Content Transfer app is linked to my wife’s Gmail account, and all the photos on the phone live in Google land anyway, not on the phone, why on earth does it take so long?
    That's not true about iOS. I've done those multiple times. They take a long time as well, up to 4 hours on one of them.

If your content transfer app is at 36 hours then that sounds like something going wrong there. How much data is it transferring? Are you using google drive? or direct link? Also, the speed is heavily dependent on how fast your data connection is and/or your home wifi (or whichever connection you are using)
    08-24-18 11:45 AM
    Contacts and apps will be installed automatically based on your Google account.

I think it worked unusually pain less this time. Still had to reinstall mobile ID and configure my theme etc, but I kinda wanna do that myself anyway.
    08-24-18 11:52 AM