Fellow key2'ers....

Anyone successfully using ProtonMail, Hushmail, or a similar secure email client with the Hub - or at least Productivity Tab integration? Would appreciate any suggestions. Looking to ditch Gmail.
    10-06-18 05:07 PM
    I'm using Fastmail with no problems - not sure if that's secure enough for you.
    10-06-18 06:34 PM
    I don't believe BlackBerry Hub integrates with PGP or encrypted email service yet.
    10-06-18 07:08 PM
    As far as I know Hub on Android only has S/MIME support, not PGP and definitely not Protonmail. Protonmail itself requires its own app on Android for full functionality.

Unrelated to secure email, but I can vouch for Fastmail.
    10-06-18 07:14 PM
    I'm using fastmail on the bb10 hub. I like it because it also has an excellent calendar. Both push fine to my Passport. When I"upgrade' to a new BlackBerry Android phone I think I'll ditch the hub and just use the fastmail app.
    10-06-18 10:13 PM
    Thank you everyone! I just looked into Fastmail....seems like a winner. For what I do I don't necessarily need quite the encryption level of a ProtonMail, but as I educate myself I want to get off of Gmail and ad-based / data mining clients. I appreciate the recommendation and info
    10-06-18 11:00 PM
    BlackBerry should buy Protonmail and integrate it into the Hub. This would be the ideal solution.
    10-07-18 05:05 AM
    BlackBerry should buy Protonmail and integrate it into the Hub. This would be the ideal solution.
    Ideal for whom? Protonmail users probably wouldn't be ecstatic that a company on the US government's speed dial just bought their email service that prides itself on being entirely operated within Switzerland and subject to Swiss laws, not the Patriot Act.
    10-07-18 06:46 AM
    If you are serious about keeping your emails away from data-miners and the Patriot Act (or even worse, foreign govts), then you should probably just setup your own server. It might only cost you $100 a year, and probably not much work or expertise required to get setup.
    10-07-18 11:45 AM
    If you are serious about keeping your emails away from data-miners and the Patriot Act (or even worse, foreign govts), then you should probably just setup your own server. It might only cost you $100 a year, and probably not much work or expertise required to get setup.
    State-level players can still access the data in transit, or even from your device directly - if they are so inclined.

Just proceed on the assumption that the NSA and China have complete access to your information. Anything less would be at your peril.
    Last edited by conite; 10-07-18 at 03:10 PM.
    10-07-18 12:07 PM
    State-level players can still access the data in transit, or even from your device directly - if they are so inclined.

Just proceed on the assumption that the NSA and China has complete access to your information. Anything less would be at your peril.
    Yes, I'll have to agree: If a state-level player with virtually unlimited resource actively decide to target you, you have almost zero chance of keeping your information private. But I think in US and Canada, it's easier to not be in your local hacking agency's target list as long as you're not actively working to destabilize the state or participate in criminal activities.
    10-07-18 02:27 PM