I used my BlackBerry Passport for the first time in ages today

The Passport was my favourite Blackberry ...loved the size , keyboard and screen

Got to say , I now feel the keyboard is better on Key2 ...never ever thought I would say that , even the size seems easier to handle now

Only the screen seems to be better on the Passport ...oh and the Speakers of course

The Key2 really does grow on you over time ...

Just a better screen and stereo speakers on the Key3 please ...

Oh yes , a better camera would be good , always thought Passport camera was good but unsure how that compares with a Key 2

Cheers 👍👍
    BrizzadMan likes this.
    10-05-18 11:36 AM
    I'm loving the Key2 keyboard too! The Passport felt so solid but the 4-row of the Key2 is so much quicker for me. It just needs to be less sensitive for bringing up the cursor placement option. Lighting issues aside I prefer the camera of the Key2, my Passport was terrible at focusing.
    10-05-18 12:25 PM
    I'm loving the Key2 keyboard too! The Passport felt so solid but the 4-row of the Key2 is so much quicker for me. It just needs to be less sensitive for bringing up the cursor placement option. Lighting issues aside I prefer the camera of the Key2, my Passport was terrible at focusing.
    Key2 keyboard is too sensitive for me. I may have to turn off the cursor mode.
    10-05-18 01:11 PM
    Key2 keyboard is too sensitive for me. I may have to turn off the cursor mode.
    I could probably live without the cursor mode but not the other capacitive features.
    10-05-18 01:35 PM
    10-05-18 02:41 PM
    Thanks for the offer but I don't have anything more to contribute regarding it. As the topic of this thread was the keyboard in general it had some relevance. I'm not wishing to take this thread off its original point of Key² keyboard appreciation. Meanwhile, other threads go seriously off topic and no-one gives a toss...
    10-05-18 03:02 PM
    going back to the original post ..is this the best BlackBerry keyboard

Yes, I will think 4 rows is better than three , also having the numbers as part of physical keyboard is better than on screen, like the Passport
    Mamaluka and Laramie50 like this.
    10-05-18 05:19 PM
    I still much prefer the three row keyboard of the Passport as it doesn't interrupt the flow of typing to use symbols or numbers. The resistance of the keys was really high, but then the Key2 goes too far the other way and lacks resistance leading to double typing for me.
    krazyatom and anon(9188202) like this.
    10-05-18 09:15 PM
    I still much prefer the three row keyboard of the Passport as it doesn't interrupt the flow of typing to use symbols or numbers. The resistance of the keys was really high, but then the Key2 goes too far the other way and lacks resistance leading to double typing for me.
    Passport is perfect keyboard for me as well.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    10-05-18 09:54 PM
    I must say KEY² keyboard is close but not as great as Passport. The swipe gestures very good and you'd always hit them. Right now I barely get the suggestions selected on swipe one in first go. Sometimes when I choose the middle one, the right most get selected. Then there's pointer mode keep popping in. More on it here https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...issue-1155317/

Passport had a huge learning curve but after that there was nothing out there to compare.

KEY² needs some tweaking. The keyboard is a little over sensitive. It does improve upon KeyOne but miles behind the quality of Passport.
    10-05-18 10:04 PM
    The Passport's keyboard is pretty perfect yes.
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ is too small or tight.
    The KEY2 is really good and I did not think I would like using an alt key to choose other symbols but it is nice not to have to flick the virtual keyboard up. I never thought I would say that.

Have to say I'm a little torn between the KEY2 and the Passport keyboard. The room on the Passport is refreshing and the quality has not been matched yet.
    10-06-18 12:55 AM