Hello all from Vancouver!

I am looking for best practices for Android-to-Android cloning.

I have several BlackBerry devices including a lot of BB10 and several Android versions. I'm very comfortable with moving around between phones.

However, on Android devices, and especially my normal Key2, I've got it set up just the way I need to with the five mail accounts in the Hub (Work, Personal, School, Gmail) plus all the various apps and security tools I need for work. I think there are about 20 applications that require a password or 2FA of some sort.

I just picked up a new Key2 with a nicer keyboard (PRD -006) that I want to move from my existing PRD -005 model. However, the amount of training the new Key2 requires seems abusive. I have tried the Google Cloud method but it was just so-so and a little incomplete.

Do you have any better/other/favourite ways to do a near-as-cloned-as-possible transfer?

Thanks very much!
    09-20-21 10:16 AM

I have several BlackBerry devices including a lot of BB10 and several Android versions. I'm very comfortable with moving around between phones.

However, on Android devices, and especially my normal Key2, I've got it set up just the way I need to with the five mail accounts in the Hub (Work, Personal, School, Gmail) plus all the various apps and security tools I need for work. I think there are about 20 applications that require a password or 2FA of some sort.

I just picked up a new Key2 with a nicer keyboard (PRD -006) that I want to move from my existing PRD -005 model. However, the amount of training the new Key2 requires seems abusive. I have tried the Google Cloud method but it was just so-so and a little incomplete.

Do you have any better/other/favourite ways to do a near-as-cloned-as-possible transfer?

Thanks very much!
    Problem is the Launcher isn't designed with any backup features... I'm sure if BlackBerry had some level of sucess they would have continued development and fleshed out the App Suite more.

Best experience I had on Android was doing a backup and restore with Samsung's own desktop tool... but Samsung designed it to catch some of the things that Android didn't at that point... and to work well with their own launcher and apps.
    09-20-21 10:28 AM

Thanks very much!
    Just use the Google backup along with all of your other cloud sync solutions, and you'll only be left with fixing your homepage.
    09-20-21 10:45 AM
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt : Thank you for taking the time out to share the idea. Is the Samsung tool only bundled with Samsung phones?
    09-20-21 12:06 PM
    @conite - I used the Google method but there remains a great many applications that don't seem to back up properly. That's why I am checking to see if there is something more powerful/complete. The ideal-perfect solution would be an identical phone in every way with 100% of all app settings copied over.
    09-20-21 12:09 PM
    @Dunt Dunt Dunt : Thank you for taking the time out to share the idea. Is the Samsung tool only bundled with Samsung phones?
    I would assume so...

It did allow for a backup from another phone.... in order to make a SWITCH. Thereafter I just used it for my Samsung... till I moved to Apple.

Nothing is 100%.... even Apple still requires you to log back into accounts.
    09-20-21 01:13 PM