Where can I order that OEM softshell?
    07-26-18 12:00 PM
    TCL made sure it's almost impossible at the moment.
    07-26-18 01:01 PM
    BlackBerry OEM Soft Shell for KEY2 - Smartphone Skin Cases - Blueshop

and in this thread it was mentioned you can purchase from Telus (Canada) for $34 and their shipping is FREE
    07-27-18 08:19 AM
    BlackBerry OEM Soft Shell for KEY2 - Smartphone Skin Cases - Blueshop

and in this thread it was mentioned you can purchase from Telus (Canada) for $34 and their shipping is FREE
    If anyone is in the Vancouver area, I returned my Key 2 and went back to Apple - $30 if anyone wants the soft shell case that I still have.
    07-28-18 12:27 AM
    Hey guys! Here is the Top Ace case on my silver key 2. It is the matte black finish. It’s matte on the back and a little shiny on the front. It doesn’t show finger prints on the back very much but I do prefer the feel of the grippy back on the key 2.

There is a little bit of a lip on the front. The buttons all feel the same since the case covers them, so it is hard to tell just by feel if you are pressing the power button or the convenience key.

If I wasn’t such a klutz I would go naked but I’ve already dropped it once from the sofa onto a hard wood floor. Thankfully there was no damage.

the brother likes this.
    07-28-18 07:22 AM
    I have a question about cables, which I think would fall under the category of accessories. I know I want a spare cable to keep in my travel bag. While the description for the product says it works with Key2, can someone confirm that this actually works with Key2? If this does not work with Key2, can someone tell me which one does and where to buy it (in the U.S)?

[2-Pack 6FT] iRAG CBB1 Charger Cable for BlackBerry KEY2/KEYone/DTEK60/Motion-6 Feet USB Type C to A Fast Charging Cord
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06...D43A8EHV&psc=1

Thanks to anyone who can help.
    07-28-18 03:50 PM
    Any USB C cable will work it's the charging block that make the difference on how fast it charges.
    07-29-18 02:49 PM
    Any USB C cable will work it's the charging block that make the difference on how fast it charges.
    Length and quality do make a difference for charging speeds. But that goes for all phones and cables.
    07-30-18 10:54 AM
    Length and quality do make a difference for charging speeds. But that goes for all phones and cables.
    What should I be looking for? It would be good to know what to look for and what to avoid. In the past, when my Classic needed a new cable I would just order the BlackBerry branded cables, but it seems like they no longer exist.
    07-30-18 12:53 PM
    Does anyone have this case or know if the company makes a good product? I'm looking for something with an OtterBox level of protection (I don't care if it's bulky, I don't care if the case is sleek or pretty. I need something that can really take a hit. I try to be careful, but life happens).

https://www.armor-x.com/bx3-bb18-k2-...carabiner.html

I'm also thinking about these cases too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13246953

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UvbUpU13246953
    I can speak for the quality of Ringke cases, it is a south Korean company if I recall and I have the equivalant of the Fusion called the "Flow" model I have on my iphone 7. They have decent lip protection and my buddy who has a Galaxy S7 had me order the Fusion for his device and he likes the clear cases to show off the colour of the phone. They are top rated if you read reviews but I wouldn't expect it to be as good as something like an Otterbox Commuter. (my other case)

The company overall make quality cases and they do not turn yellow or stretch in my experience.
    KitJackson67 likes this.
    07-30-18 01:38 PM
    I can speak for the quality of Ringke cases, it is a south Korean company if I recall and I have the equivalant of the Fusion called the "Flow" model I have on my iphone 7. They have decent lip protection and my buddy who has a Galaxy S7 had me order the Fusion for his device and he likes the clear cases to show off the colour of the phone. They are top rated if you read reviews but I wouldn't expect it to be as good as something like an Otterbox Commuter. (my other case)

The company overall make quality cases and they do not turn yellow or stretch in my experience.
    Thanks for the confirmation. I need something that offers top of the line protection and since I can't get an OtterBox, this seemed like the next best thing.
    RaybanRJ likes this.
    07-30-18 02:16 PM
    Thanks for the confirmation. I need something that offers top of the line protection and since I can't get an OtterBox, this seemed like the next best thing.
    I have a friend who tells me “why do you bother getting an Otterbox, most people are just fine with a decent thin case and a tempered glass screen protector.” That’s probably true because in my case I am not a dropper like some. But the Ringke Fusion is advertised as “military grade drop protection” but companies don’t usually get into specifics for what that means. But rest assured Ringke always has good lip coverage for the screen and I would second the motion to compliment the Ringke with a tempered glass and you should be good to go and not worry if you drop of from say..... waist height onto a sidewalk, as long as there are no stones if it lands face down.

Another good rated company I have ordered cases from is a California company that gets their cases made in South Korea and they are called “Vena.” But as for their offerings for Blackberry I don’t know. Good lip protection on them also and most are 2 layered with still being relatively thin.
    KitJackson67 likes this.
    07-30-18 03:36 PM
    Just installed and customized my BLACKBERRY OEM Leather FlipCase (from Blueshop.ca) ... It FEELS very rich and luxurious .... But this could be a bad thing .... I keep accidentally touching the camera lens as I'm feeling the leather's texture.
    Best Cases, Skins and Accessories for the BlackBerry KEY2!-001-500.jpg
    The side buttons are NOT "sealed" covered, they are cutouts with "tab flaps" that cover the buttons. (Power button is ridged to distinguish from other buttons).
    Best Cases, Skins and Accessories for the BlackBerry KEY2!-002-500.jpg
    Earphone rubber plug NOT included.
    Best Cases, Skins and Accessories for the BlackBerry KEY2!-003-500.jpg
    Spearker/Mic "grills" and WSKEN magnetic USB-C plug NOT included.
    Best Cases, Skins and Accessories for the BlackBerry KEY2!-004-500.jpg
    Best Cases, Skins and Accessories for the BlackBerry KEY2!-005-500.jpg
    Best Cases, Skins and Accessories for the BlackBerry KEY2!-006-500.jpg
    The back BB logo is embossed into the leather, while front BB logo is a plastic?metal? disc that is adhered to the surface. The front BB logo has mystical powers, as others have reported as well.

Awaiting arrival of tempered glass screen protector. I've already been shorted $6 by Amazon.com ... NO product received, and refund shorted. Currently just using a custom Monoprice screen protector made with Cricut.
    07-30-18 06:01 PM
    Just installed and customized my BLACKBERRY OEM Leather FlipCase (from Blueshop.ca) ... It FEELS very rich and luxurious .... But this could be a bad thing .... I keep accidentally touching the camera lens as I'm feeling the leather's texture.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001-500.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	438546
    The side buttons are NOT "sealed" covered, they are cutouts with "tab flaps" that cover the buttons. (Power button is ridged to distinguish from other buttons).

Name:	002-500.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	438547
    Earphone rubber plug NOT included.

Name:	003-500.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	438548
    Spearker/Mic "grills" and WSKEN magnetic USB-C plug NOT included.

Name:	004-500.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	438549

Name:	005-500.jpg 
Views:	417 
Size:	126.8 KB 
ID:	438550

Name:	006-500.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	438551
    The back BB logo is embossed into the leather, while front BB logo is a plastic?metal? disc that is adhered to the surface. The front BB logo has mystical powers, as others have reported as well.

Awaiting arrival of tempered glass screen protector. I've already been shorted $6 by Amazon.com ... NO product received, and refund shorted. Currently just using a custom Monoprice screen protector made with Cricut.
    Where did you get the headphone jack cover and how's the usb magnetic charger?
    07-30-18 06:03 PM
    Where did you get the headphone jack cover and how's the usb magnetic charger?
    I have a variety of headphone jack, micro-USB, etc rubber plugs from Amazon that I use on much of my Tech. The WSKEN (Lite) is great. Very secure and creates a dust seal. The cable is short ... only 1m ... so when charging, if I need to use the phone, I often inadvertently interrupt the charge. Not a big deal, since the KEY2 charges so quickly. Only "concern" I have is how far the WSKEN sticks out ...
    the brother likes this.
    07-30-18 06:08 PM
    I have a variety of headphone jack, micro-USB, etc rubber plugs from Amazon that I use on much of my Tech. The WSKEN (Lite) is great. Very secure and creates a dust seal. The cable is short ... only 1m ... so when charging, if I need to use the phone, I often inadvertently interrupt the charge. Not a big deal, since the KEY2 charges so quickly. Only "concern" I have is how far the WSKEN sticks out ...
    Thanks for the info. I'm loving that case. I have the oem soft she'll, but I'm loving the flip. Just not loving the price..
    the brother likes this.
    07-30-18 06:09 PM

Name:	006-500.jpg 
Views:	428 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	438551
    Insert sarcasm on mystical powers... or did I miss something?
    the brother likes this.
    07-30-18 06:38 PM
    is there a flipcase with the window?
    07-30-18 07:24 PM
    Insert sarcasm on mystical powers... or did I miss something?
    Is there a [sarcasm] [/sarcasm] tag here ?

You have to bbe a BBeliever to bbenefit from the mystical powers ...
    the brother and hamilgs like this.
    07-30-18 08:20 PM
    Best Cases, Skins and Accessories for the BlackBerry KEY2!-dscf0247-2-.jpg

I just received this from my Amazon order. It's the VINVE TPU leather (faux) case. Top, bottom, and right side (as shown) are partially covered. Left is completely covered. IMO gives it a more 'pro' or business look. I hope to find a pocket or sleeve (from BB preferably) real soon.
    Dino84 likes this.
    07-31-18 10:06 AM
    We need the OEM. Blackberry cases here in the states! Can't find them anywhere only over seas.
    07-31-18 06:58 PM
    I remember the days when you could get BB cases everywhere! Even at your local drugstore! Now i'd settle for OEM at Amazon or ebay, in North America or even the UK. There are a few, but not that many. I hate ordering from Asia, takes so bloody long to get here. Although the one I just posted about, the Vinve, came from China. Took about 2.5 weeks to get here, not bad by their standards.
    Last edited by footmatix; 07-31-18 at 08:06 PM.
    07-31-18 07:20 PM
    But rest assured Ringke always has good lip coverage for the screen and I would second the motion to compliment the Ringke with a tempered glass and you should be good to go and not worry if you drop of from say..... waist height onto a sidewalk, as long as there are no stones if it lands face down.
    I'm not opposed to the idea of tempered glass, but I'm not sure what is compatible with Ringke. Does anyone have experience with this?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...VC2BRR8I&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...NERDDBG1&psc=1

The only thing I've found that I'm sure is compatible with Ringke is not tempered glass.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...EQIOX5AP&psc=1

08-01-18 12:03 AM
    I'm not opposed to the idea of tempered glass, but I'm not sure what is compatible with Ringke. Does anyone have experience with this?

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...VC2BRR8I&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...NERDDBG1&psc=1

The only thing I've found that I'm sure is compatible with Ringke is not tempered glass.

Most case manufacturers usually leave enough room for tempered glass, but that’s where you’ll have to research I guess.

Here is an interesting Canadian site that carries some official Blackberry cases for the Key 2

https://ca.mobilefun.com/blackberry/key2/cases
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    08-01-18 12:18 AM

I’m not sure why you think Ringke won’t work with tempered glass. I cannot speak for the Key2 but here is my first Ringke case on my iPhone with “Duraglass” from Walmart ($20 Cdn) and there is a lot of room between the glass and the case. Also note the generous “lip” on the case to protect the screen and it is more protruding near the top and bottom of the device.

When you get into any phone with curved glass like the Galaxy S7 Edge, you might be sacrificing some protection as the glass usually doesn’t go all the way to the edges.

Now the tempered glass that I could NOT use with ANY case was the gold edge to edge one pictured on the left. I had to give it away to a friend. Most glass is not “edge to edge” in my experience and that leaves room for MOST cases.

(EDIT: I was researching tempered glass for the KEY2 and it looks like MOST are the FULL edge to edge, so that probably would make it difficult to have a case and not interfere with the glass)

The Duraglass is amazing and it has lasted for a full year with no chips or deformations of any kind. Still going strong.

Last edited by RaybanRJ; 08-01-18 at 12:42 AM.
    08-01-18 12:29 AM
280 12345 ...