That’s really awesome...
    02-17-19 06:03 PM
    That’s really awesome...
    Yes it is!!! 👍

Bob
    02-17-19 06:13 PM
    Nice!
    02-17-19 06:38 PM
    Not sure about the Pixel being in there, it's certainly a Camera beast, but I wouldn't call it a Power User device,not against the 6-10GB RAM, +3500mAh Battery phones its competing against in this list.
    02-18-19 02:29 PM
    Not sure about the Pixel being in there, it's certainly a Camera beast, but I wouldn't call it a Power User device,not against the 6-10GB RAM, +3500mAh Battery phones its competing against in this list.
    Yeah, it should've been on the list "Best Phones for Photographers", really.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-18-19 04:26 PM
    Some folks are just Pixelated...
    RK_BB and Vistaus like this.
    02-18-19 06:18 PM
    Some folks are just Pixelated...
    Oh you just wait, we are on a mission to Berry them...
    Bob80220, Crusader03 and Vistaus like this.
    02-18-19 06:30 PM
    I like how it begins with, "Was there ever any doubt BB would be on the list..."
    02-19-19 03:50 AM
    Best in class updates...

People have reached a point where phones don't need replacement because of performance issues or new features that their phone doesn't have. With Android users it because their phones haven't been updated in a while (depending on the OEM or the Carrier). Pixel has the best life cycle of any Android phone, and that too is important to Power Users.

Do think it should have had a larger battery... but Power Banks are cheap.
    02-19-19 07:12 AM
    Oh you just wait, we are on a mission to Berry them...
    I see a Red Pixel and I want to paint it Black...berry.
    Crusader03 likes this.
    02-19-19 12:03 PM
    [QUOTE=Dunt Dunt Dunt;13350158]Best in class updates...
    /QUOTE]

That's not true. The Essential Phone has often received updates before the Pixels.
    02-19-19 12:04 PM
    [QUOTE=Vistaus;13350259]
    Best in class updates...
    /QUOTE]

That's not true. The Essential Phone has often received updates before the Pixels.
    Essential Phone really isn't in the same class - it's not even a current product, so it doesn't belong on a list like that. And while it current updates meet or even beat the Pixel... it's stated life cycle for said updates is much shorter at this point - feature updates end this year while security updates are slated to end next year. The Pixel3 in the article will be getting updates long after the Essential... isn't essential anymore.
    02-19-19 01:53 PM
    [QUOTE=Dunt Dunt Dunt;13350305]

Essential Phone really isn't in the same class - it's not even a current product, so it doesn't belong on a list like that. And while it current updates meet or even beat the Pixel... it's stated life cycle for said updates is much shorter at this point - feature updates end this year while security updates are slated to end next year. The Pixel3 in the article will be getting updates long after the Essential... isn't essential anymore.
    I never said it should be on the list, I just said that the Essential phone is the best in class when it comes to updates, not the Pixel 3.
    02-19-19 05:59 PM
    [QUOTE=Vistaus;13350402]

I never said it should be on the list, I just said that the Essential phone is the best in class when it comes to updates, not the Pixel 3.
    That's the problem... Essential Phone isn't in the same "class" as the Pixel 3 or the other listed devices.

You value how quick the updates come each month by a few days... I value how long they will continue to come over the coming years. As an older product the Essential's feature updates end in August this year and security updates next August. Pixel 3 will be getting updates for years after that.
    02-20-19 07:39 AM
    [QUOTE=Dunt Dunt Dunt;13350631]

That's the problem... Essential Phone isn't in the same "class" as the Pixel 3 or the other listed devices.

You value how quick the updates come each month by a few days... I value how long they will continue to come over the coming years. As an older product the Essential's feature updates end in August this year and security updates next August. Pixel 3 will be getting updates for years after that.
    No, that's not true: Essential will be rolling out Android Q in August-September, so it will receive a major feature upgrade still: https://www.theandroidsoul.com/andro...sential-phone/ And security updates will be provided until 2021 with extended care.

Also, power users can install LineageOS on it, extending support until years after mainstream support has ended.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    02-20-19 07:47 AM
    [QUOTE=Vistaus;13350402]

The Essential phone has been deemed NONESSENTIAL by it's societal lack of support. It's best-in-class standing was a mere point in time forgotten once it failed and was abandoned by it's founders..
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-20-19 07:49 AM
    [QUOTE=Chuck Finley69;13350640]

The Essential phone has been deemed NONESSENTIAL by it's societal lack of support. It's best-in-class standing was a mere point in time forgotten once it failed and was abandoned by it's founders..
    No, it still receives security updates on par with Pixel devices and as you can see in my post above, Android Q is already confirmed by Essential. So it's not abandoned at all.
    02-20-19 07:51 AM
    [QUOTE=Vistaus;13350643]

No, it still receives security updates on par with Pixel devices and as you can see in my post above, Android Q is already confirmed by Essential. So it's not abandoned at all.
    It’s only getting what buyers were promised at purchase. It’s already one hit wonder.... Essentially (see what I did there) it’s like a PRIV, one shot deal.....
    02-20-19 07:55 AM
    [QUOTE=Vistaus;13350639]

No, that's not true: Essential will be rolling out Android Q in August-September, so it will receive a major feature upgrade still: https://www.theandroidsoul.com/andro...sential-phone/ And security updates will be provided until 2021 with extended care.

Also, power users can install LineageOS on it, extending support until years after mainstream support has ended.
    Same article you quoted says security update end in August this year too...

Officially https://support.essential.com/hc/en-...tware-updates-

Hope it get's everything you are expecting it to get... I still don't see it as a real option in today's market.
    02-20-19 09:19 AM