The night mode clock screen saver seems to have the screen backlit which lights up a dark room even though the clock itself is dim. I don't remember bbos or bb10 bedside mode having the screen backlit. Is there any way to fix this or is there an app for it?
    yybenedb likes this.
    08-03-19 10:26 AM
    Yes it does! I'm with you! It is annoying! Maybe something to do with the LCD screen not being able to reproduce true blacks? Regardless, wish there was a way to tone it down a bit and still be able to read it. Mine is set to dark room, not much help except it does dim the displayed time.
    08-03-19 11:21 AM
    Right. I can't seem to find an app either.
    08-03-19 12:20 PM
    I use an app called Digital Alarm Clock and it has a feature that can darken/lower backlight intensity somewhat but it is still bright in a very dark room. Using Night Mode also helps it a bit by lowering blue light emission and making black background less intense.
    08-03-19 06:58 PM
    I use an app called Digital Alarm Clock and it has a feature that can darken/lower backlight intensity somewhat but it is still bright in a very dark room. Using Night Mode also helps it a bit by lowering blue light emission and making black background less intense.
    How are the pop up ads. Not certain I want that!
    08-04-19 09:28 AM
    I purchased the no ad version (believe in supporting app designer, especially if app is of good/great quality and one I use daily...most apps are price of a coffee or less than a fast food meal. )
    08-05-19 08:30 AM
    Agreed but I can't see the ad-free version in the Play Store?
    08-05-19 11:33 AM
    I use Weather Night Dock (paid version) and it is totally customizable, able to dim, choose your own background, adjustable screen burn protection, ability to change clock color and font, show or not show weather, etc. It works for me. By the way and unfortunately, one of my Z10's has become a permanent clock now that I have the Key2.
    08-05-19 02:21 PM
    I use Weather Night Dock (paid version) and it is totally customizable, able to dim, choose your own background, adjustable screen burn protection, ability to change clock color and font, show or not show weather, etc. It works for me. By the way and unfortunately, one of my Z10's has become a permanent clock now that I have the Key2.
    Can you actually dim the backlight?
    08-05-19 03:27 PM
    Can you actually dim the backlight?
    I've set mine up with a black background and it has a setting to dim the display of everything on the screen based on the phones settings. Like I said, it's fully customizable. I hope this answers your question. The dev is very active on updates too.
    08-05-19 06:27 PM