I tried installing BBMe Desktop and its not working. Some help please...

I downloaded the program, ran the installation file. It installs, and when launching, gets stuck in that white screen in the image.

If I force it shut and start it again, it launches the installer again, and it tells me i can repair or remove. It seems to be stuck in a loop like that.

please help.

BBMe Desktop ... problems-1.png
    05-13-19 12:45 PM
    Hard to say based on that little info. Shouldn't really need much to install unless there's something conflicting on your PC. I'd try doing a clean uninstall and going from there. Also, check and see if any antivirus apps or anything like that is preventing it from running correctly.
    05-13-19 02:47 PM
    Use an uninstaller app or manually use the REGISTRY to delete anything with BBM or BlackBerry... might delete other BlackBerry apps.

Then try the installation again. Making sure to meet their system requirements... Hardware and software.
    05-13-19 03:16 PM
    I have blackberry blend on the computer, and i use that all day, its a key part of how i handle all my work email, so i'd rather not remove everything blackberry.

Can it not install with blend on the same PC?
    05-13-19 04:22 PM
    Hard to say based on that little info. Shouldn't really need much to install unless there's something conflicting on your PC. I'd try doing a clean uninstall and going from there. Also, check and see if any antivirus apps or anything like that is preventing it from running correctly.
    I did Revo Uninstaller on it.
    I run Windows7, with no antivirus running, and windows system intrusion set to minimum.
    I run Blackberry Blend on this computer with no issues.

I've tried installing it 3 times, same issue each time. Any thoughts?
    05-13-19 04:24 PM
    Use an uninstaller app or manually use the REGISTRY to delete anything with BBM or BlackBerry... might delete other BlackBerry apps.

Then try the installation again. Making sure to meet their system requirements... Hardware and software.
    I have blackberry blend on the computer, and i use that all day, its a key part of how i handle all my work email, so i'd rather not remove everything blackberry.

05-13-19 04:24 PM

What version of Windows 7 are you using? The datasheet notes Windows BBM
    Enterprise will work on Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10. Shouldn't really matter, but you know.
    05-13-19 04:37 PM
    What version of Windows 7 are you using? The datasheet notes Windows BBM
    Enterprise will work on Windows 7 Pro, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10. Shouldn't really matter, but you know.
    Windows 7 Ultimate..... could that seriously be the problem?
    05-13-19 04:39 PM
    Windows 7 Ultimate..... could that seriously be the problem?
    Sure, software can be picky all because of some lame configuration file. Editing one line of code could mean the difference from it working or not working. Hard to say if that's case here, but it's totally possible. If you have another computer around, try installing it there and see if it works. I loaded it on my Windows 10 Bootcamp drive on my Mac and it works fine.
    05-13-19 04:42 PM
    Sure, software can be picky all because of some lame configuration file. Editing one line of code could mean the difference from it working or not working. Hard to say if that's case here, but it's totally possible. If you have another computer around, try installing it there and see if it works. I loaded it on my Windows 10 Bootcamp drive on my Mac and it works fine.
    Before I go tinkering with upgrading my win7.... a question.

I installed it on a tablet with Win10... it installed in a second with no issues.

My concern was... I added the tablet as secondary device. The only chat showing was the only chat i have with another BBMe contact. None of my chats with BBMc contacts are showing.... im confused?? what is this? do i have to do something?
    05-13-19 06:38 PM
    Bring back BB Blend. I miss my old Passport and Blend.
    Only gripe I have with BBE is that I need a magnifying glass to see the desktop version. I tried blowing it up so the font is not so small. I'm over 60, and the small print is not for me.
    Last edited by JREwing; 05-14-19 at 07:28 AM.
    05-14-19 06:46 AM

I installed it on a tablet with Win10... it installed in a second with no issues.

My concern was... I added the tablet as secondary device. The only chat showing was the only chat i have with another BBMe contact. None of my chats with BBMc contacts are showing.... im confused?? what is this? do i have to do something?
    Was your primary device a BB10 ? Chats from BB10 are not synchronised with BBMe for private users. It is for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac. In works only with a lot of limitations with BB10.
    05-14-19 10:39 AM

Convince each of them it’s necessary to become a paying customer.
    05-14-19 10:51 AM
    Was your primary device a BB10 ? Chats from BB10 are not synchronised with BBMe for private users. It is for Android, iOS, Windows and Mac. In works only with a lot of limitations with BB10.
    right now my primary device on BBMe is a Key2.

Everyone on my list except one person is on BMMc or BB10.

The BBMc's will come over before the end of the month. It's already been discussed. The BB10s... obviously wont need to.

We use this for family and work. So surprisingly it wont really affect who uses it in my bbm world.
    05-14-19 11:41 AM