Put the same in key2 le group. Bbm has shouted down, but they decided to give one year free trial of bbm enterprise for everybody. I just installed it in my tablet and phone, checked how it works ( videoconf, calls,...) and its awesome. Free ultrasecure no monetized and for all platforms communication app.
    G.
    EF02C8AA
    04-18-19 09:50 PM
    Not monetized for a year.... enjoy.
    04-19-19 07:28 AM
    And I need BlackBerry Enterprise for what?
    None of my phone contacts is using BBM.
    04-19-19 07:48 AM
    Like most of us today... you don't.

But those that do still have contacts, this at least is an option.
    anon(10572925) likes this.
    04-19-19 09:37 AM
    Yup. Most of us will not be moving to BBMe. Why pay $5USD for the 1 or 2 BBM contacts we have.
    Last edited by pgg101; 04-19-19 at 01:20 PM.
    anon(10572925) likes this.
    04-19-19 09:52 AM
    I would gladly pay if I had someone besides my wife that I could get to use it. I use telegram now after allo quit. Only contacts I have are my immediate family. Sms for anyone else but it is so boring.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    04-19-19 10:45 AM
    I would gladly pay if I had someone besides my wife that I could get to use it. I use telegram now after allo quit. Only contacts I have are my immediate family. Sms for anyone else but it is so boring.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    Which is why Apple users love iMessage.... it allows them to contact most anyone. But brings a lot of features if that person is also using an iPhone. If only BlackBerry could have afforded to do the same.... Integrate an SMS/MMS/RCS Client along with BBM into one solution for the HUB+, for free.

iMessage and Find My Friends is why my wife really is pushing me to move to an iPhone...
    elfabio80, Vistaus and IceCreamPlz like this.
    04-19-19 10:52 AM
    Which is why Apple users love iMessage.... it allows them to contact most anyone. But brings a lot of features if that person is also using an iPhone. If only BlackBerry could have afforded to do the same.... Integrate an SMS/MMS/RCS Client along with BBM into one solution for the HUB+, for free.

iMessage and Find My Friends is why my wife really is pushing me to move to an iPhone...
    I came from using iPhones for 10 years.
    Switching over to a key2 because of the hub and the other productivity features.
    Imessage is the only thing I'm missing. But seriously: most people using WhatsApp (don't like it very much) also a lot of apple users don't use iMessage in Germany.
    I would prefer a more secure and user data friendly message like wire or threema. But that doesn't help me if only 6 of my 200 phone contacts are using the same one
    04-19-19 11:17 AM
    I came from using iPhones for 10 years.
    Switching over to a key2 because of the hub and the other productivity features.
    Imessage is the only thing I'm missing. But seriously: most people using WhatsApp (don't like it very much) also a lot of apple users don't use iMessage in Germany.
    I would prefer a more secure and user data friendly message like wire or threema. But that doesn't help me if only 6 of my 200 phone contacts are using the same one
    According to people in the front page comments, Wire et all are not secure because they are free services.
    04-19-19 12:16 PM
    Put the same in key2 le group. Bbm has shouted down, but they decided to give one year free trial of bbm enterprise for everybody. I just installed it in my tablet and phone, checked how it works ( videoconf, calls,...) and its awesome. Free ultrasecure no monetized and for all platforms communication app.
    G.
    EF02C8AA
    Agree. And no phone number sharing plus you can add up 5 devices with that 1 Pin all sync perfectly!
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    04-20-19 08:28 AM
    Agree. And no phone number sharing plus you can add up 5 devices with that 1 Pin all sync perfectly!
    All we need now are friends and family to agree to pay for it and use it. Easy peasy.
    04-20-19 08:29 AM
    All we need now are friends and family to agree to pay for it and use it. Easy peasy.
    In 2020 ( when free period expires) paying 3 bucks for security is fine. One Pin 5 devices. Yes.
    BigAl_BB9900 and kerrywm like this.
    04-20-19 08:37 AM
    There’s simplistic beauty when only your family members (mine are willing to pay the few bucks) use BBMe. When the notification comes in, you know you want to read it. That’s worth $6 a year on its own merits, and the security rocks.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-18-19 01:23 AM
    There’s simplistic beauty when only your family members (mine are willing to pay the few bucks) use BBMe. When the notification comes in, you know you want to read it. That’s worth $6 a year on its own merits, and the security rocks.
    You can also use Telegram and assign a unique LED colour and sound just for your family members.
    05-18-19 07:40 AM
    You can also use Telegram and assign a unique LED colour and sound just for your family members.
    Where is this setting on Telegram? Don't see it in Notifications and Sounds.
    Can't find on my KEYone or KEY2 .??
    05-18-19 07:50 AM
    Where is this setting on Telegram? Don't see it in Notifications and Sounds.
    Can't find on my KEYone or KEY2 .??
    From inside a chat, touch the top title bar, and then select notifications.
    Rico4you likes this.
    05-18-19 07:53 AM
    Thanks Jeff. Found it.
    From inside a chat, touch the top title bar, and then select notifications.
    05-18-19 07:59 AM
    I don't doubt you, but I don't have a single person in my known sphere that uses Telegram - BBM, WhatsApp, and FB Messenger dominate - so I'd be no further ahead in the sense that I'd have to try and get people onto that platform instead. I do appreciate the feedback, though, so thank you.
    05-21-19 01:28 PM
    I don't doubt you, but I don't have a single person in my known sphere that uses Telegram - BBM, WhatsApp, and FB Messenger dominate - so I'd be no further ahead in the sense that I'd have to try and get people onto that platform instead. I do appreciate the feedback, though, so thank you.
    Then your user base is unusual.

FB Messenger and WhatsApp have 1.5 billion users each.

Telegram has over 220 million users.

BBMe has less than 100,000 individual users.
    05-21-19 01:53 PM
    Then your user base is unusual.

FB Messenger and WhatsApp have 1.5 billion users each.

Telegram has over 220 million users.

BBMe has less than 100,000 individual users.
    Everyone in my circle uses FB messenger and WhatsApp as well. I have two contacts in BBMe and one in Telegram.
    05-22-19 06:53 AM
    I have to say I have never met anyone in my universe that even KNOWS what Signal or Telegram are. Extremely few people around me (North America) use WhatsApp. The common fail safe one is Facebook Messenger (North America 20-40 age bracket.)

I have about 12 contacts on BBMe. My closest circle. Immediate family and closest friends, family group chat as well. I use Facebook Messenger for the masses. I think $5 is money well spent on security, albeit I agree hard to convince people to fork over the cost of a coffee for something better. I will never try and force anyone around me to get the app, but I suggest it and a few are open to it, especially every time a facebook product is on the news for some security problem. The people I need to be on it are on it, and that's good enough for me.
    Last edited by wiz9; 05-23-19 at 12:47 AM.
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    05-23-19 12:34 AM
    If anyone is interested we have a BBMe group, Show me your City, post your pins here. I'll check back from time to time.
    05-23-19 02:11 PM
    I have to say I have never met anyone in my universe that even KNOWS what Signal or Telegram are. Extremely few people around me (North America) use WhatsApp. The common fail safe one is Facebook Messenger (North America 20-40 age bracket.)

I have about 12 contacts on BBMe. My closest circle. Immediate family and closest friends, family group chat as well. I use Facebook Messenger for the masses. I think $5 is money well spent on security, albeit I agree hard to convince people to fork over the cost of a coffee for something better. I will never try and force anyone around me to get the app, but I suggest it and a few are open to it, especially every time a facebook product is on the news for some security problem. The people I need to be on it are on it, and that's good enough for me.
    North America... at lest for me, good old fashion SMS/MMS seems to be what everyone still uses for communications. With so many I know limiting or shunting their Facebook, even Messenger isn't very useful here. If/once RCS is implement... I think basic texting will still be king here.
    05-23-19 02:29 PM
    North America... at lest for me, good old fashion SMS/MMS seems to be what everyone still uses for communications. With so many I know limiting or shunting their Facebook, even Messenger isn't very useful here. If/once RCS is implement... I think basic texting will still be king here.
    I agree SMS is king in North America. I travel a fair bit though, so I have to not rely on my phone network. Those that love me and want to talk to me need to have an app.
    05-23-19 03:20 PM
    The majority of North Americans are using iOS, at least from my experience.
    05-24-19 07:22 PM
43 12