I bought the International Version BBF100-6 (India) PRD-63828-031 from Amazon.ca It has never updated since I purchased it in April. The last security patch update I can find on the BB Key 2 (ABN088) is December 2018. I'm trying to follow all the threads here on CrackBerry. It looks like MEGA has several zip files for this version:

ABN088.7z
    bbry_sdm660_autoloader_user-bbf100-dsglobal-india-ABN088.zip

and I just read somewhere else the generic autoloader will handle the India version now.

I'm confused and I don't want to turn my Key 2 into a brick. Do I have to download and run all of them or just the most recent generic autoloader? I'll back everything up and I suppose the apps I purchased on Google Play Store can just be reinstalled from my Google Account, am I correct?

Which is the correct one for my BlackBerry Key 2?
    06-27-19 08:49 PM
    I bought the International Version BBF100-6 (India) PRD-63828-031 from Amazon.ca It has never updated since I purchased it in April. The last security patch update I can find on the BB Key 2 (ABN088) is December 2018. I'm trying to follow all the threads here on CrackBerry. It looks like MEGA has several zip files for this version:

ABN088.7z

and I just read somewhere else the generic autoloader will handle the India version now.

I'm confused and I don't want to turn my Key 2 into a brick. Do I have to download and run all of them or just the most recent generic autoloader? I'll back everything up and I suppose the apps I purchased on Google Play Store can just be reinstalled from my Google Account, am I correct?

You have the latest update for the Optiemus KEY² - built specifically for the Indian market.

You cannot run a universal autoloader on that variant.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    06-27-19 10:32 PM
    I'm feeling pretty ripped off here. I've yet to write a review on the product I just purchased. It's shameful BlackBerry is tarnishing their brand with Optiemus. So am I stuck having to buy a new phone? I'm really wondering about this Key 2 since I've noticed sometimes when I access my Hub the loggin location shows Toronto. I live in Manitoba.
    06-27-19 10:57 PM
    Actually, I just found the Autoloader April 2019 Patch - ABT974 - all variants. Is supposed to bring the India BBF100-6 up to date. It's not so clear if the ones that follow are. This is what I was referring to in my question.
    06-27-19 11:14 PM
    I'm feeling pretty ripped off here. I've yet to write a review on the product I just purchased. It's shameful BlackBerry is tarnishing their brand with Optiemus. So am I stuck having to buy a new phone? I'm really wondering about this Key 2 since I've noticed sometimes when I access my Hub the loggin location shows Toronto. I live in Manitoba.
    Can you return it?
    06-27-19 11:21 PM
    Can you return it?
    Bought in April, only has 30 days to return unless Amazon/Seller is feeling nice.

Returning Electronics

Electronics purchased from Amazon.ca, or a seller but fulfilled by Amazon, can be returned to Amazon.ca within 30 days of delivery of shipment via our online Returns Centre. These items must be in new condition with original packaging and accessories. We cannot accept returns of products (including musical instruments, televisions, or consumer electronics) missing the serial number or UPC; we will not issue refunds for such items.
    Stop buying imports, folks! If you're not comfortable with taking the same amount you would pay for the device out of your pocket and burning it, don't buy imports.
    06-27-19 11:34 PM
    Bought in April, only has 30 days to return unless Amazon/Seller is feeling nice.

Stop buying imports, folks! If you're not comfortable with taking the same amount you would pay for the device out of your pocket and burning it, don't buy imports.
    Don't blame the buyer. Blame the incorrect description on Amazon. The same thing happened to me. I ordered a Key²LE from Amazon and received the India version. The description of the phone on Amazon was that it was the International version and had the corresponding PRD #. As it turned out the description and PRD# was incorrect. When I called the seller the seller blamed the wrong info on Amazon, yet the seller's description on EBay was the same as on Amazon. Thankfully I realized I had received the incorrect phone within a few days (thanks to @conite) and was able to return it.
    So at this point my advice is "Let the buyer beware", call the seller and confirm the variant and PRD# before ordering.
    06-28-19 05:39 AM
    Don't blame the buyer.
    I didn't blame the buyer, you just perceived it that way. My 'buyer beware' was just more tougher than yours. Also, nothing here states whether it was intentionally bought as a cost-saving measure or intentionally bought with the thought it would work right and update or accidentally bought/received based on erroneous descriptions, so there's no pinpoint of 'blame'.
    06-28-19 07:30 AM
    I didn't blame the buyer, you just perceived it that way. My 'buyer beware' was just more tougher than yours.
    The conundrum is that the availability of Key² and Key²LE phones these days seem to be limited to imports, unless one is a Verizon customer. So if a person doesn't buy an import and potentially a mis-labeled one at that where does one buy it? That is the issue.
    Perhaps Crackberry will list vendors that don't sell imports.
    06-28-19 07:42 AM
    Perhaps Crackberry will list vendors that don't sell imports.
    Realistically, the only places with the issue of misidentifying devices are Amazon and eBay and we can't control Amazon listings. We could link to the right device, and the next day a new seller can add to that listing and sell whatever device they want. That's where more buyer beware comes into play.
    06-28-19 07:53 AM
    Well folks, I've been poking around this BlackBerry International Version and I may have some very disconcerning news. I'm going to start a new thread and post a review on Amazon.ca In the meantime I think I'm off to the Bell MTS store in Winnipeg to purchase a new North American version.
    06-28-19 10:38 AM
    I bought the same key2 from Amazon. I don't see anything wrong with it other than the update. reason I bought is I have 2 line and this works out I can put both SIM. I think some LTE bands are missing in the international India phone. but I drive all over Ontario and Quebec and both network bell and fido works just fine.
    06-29-19 09:01 AM
    Thanks for your reassurance. Have you tried the April ABT974 Patch Autoloader? The lack of security updates is my only issue with this phone. I'm trying to decide to either try the autoloader, and use this until the Key 3 comes out, or purchase the Bell Mobility version for the updates.
    06-29-19 02:53 PM

ABN088.7z

I'd return it. Find the HK variant.
    06-29-19 03:39 PM
    It's too late to return to Amazon, so I guess I'll wipe it clean and sell it on Kijiji. I'm glad I kept all the original packaging. I just picked up another Key 2 from Bell MTS. Hopefully, it won't be too much to transfer everything to the new phone.
    06-29-19 07:12 PM
    Optiemus has pretty much wrapped up its store it seems.
    They will not respond to social media comments and well we all know where is Evolve X.
    It keeps up it trend of only big talk and no delivery on the same whatsoever.
    06-30-19 03:39 AM
    They will not respond to social media comments and well we all know where is Evolve X.
    Not to mention not a single update from Optiemus for the Evolve since it launched!

And people thought TCL was terrible at update commitments?
    06-30-19 07:34 AM