Hey guys, if anyone's interested, somebody is selling a BBF100-4 for $250 on eBay.
    I asked him about it and he said it's the Chinese version with no Playstore. Apparently it's in mint condition, he bought it refurbished.
    11-21-20 10:29 PM
    I couldn't find it....
    11-22-20 09:12 AM
    I couldn't find it....
    I found listed on eBay however I'd be
    careful

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=JLqUksey

It lists on front page as -4 but switches to -2 on sellers listing. Seems off.....
    11-22-20 11:47 AM
    careful
    Well, I couldn't find it. Could you send a link, if allowed?
    11-22-20 11:49 AM
    Well, I couldn't find it. Could you send a link, if allowed?
    You replied too fast, I was still doing cut and paste... LOL
    11-22-20 11:52 AM
    Yes, ok....but I still cannot see the actual phone listed for $250.....number 4 is a quertz device and it's more than that; or am I seeing something totally different??
    11-22-20 11:57 AM
    Yes, ok....but I still cannot see the actual phone listed for $250.....number 4 is a quertz device and it's more than that; or am I seeing something totally different??
    On my link, it shows -4 as first of multiple listings. The problem is when you click for information to see the actual listing, it switches to -2 in detailed listing. Must be some eBay glitchiness. I'd contact seller for complete verification of everything.
    11-22-20 12:02 PM
    I'd be grateful if you could post the actual link of this particular device....this device only.
    11-22-20 12:04 PM
    I'd be grateful if you could post the actual link of this particular device....this device only.
    That's problem, from my link of multiple listings, the first device listed shows as BBF100-4 for $250USD, yet when you click on that device link, it shows as BBF100-2 listed for $250USD instead. Give me a second
    11-22-20 12:09 PM
    careful

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=uF0sS_nu

It lists on front page as -4 but switches to -2 on sellers listing. Seems off.....
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=QcgcibeJ
    11-22-20 12:11 PM
    Many thanks! Now I can see it! However, I can't understand why it doesn't show on my Key2 search even now!

Anyway, next question is, how do we know it does not have the Play Store? I didn't see any reference to that in the description....
    11-22-20 12:31 PM
    Many thanks! Now I can see it! However, I can't understand why it doesn't show on my Key2 search even now!

Anyway, next question is, how do we know it does not have the Play Store? I didn't see any reference to that in the description....
    I would suggest contacting the seller directly, through eBay messaging system, asking those questions.
    11-22-20 08:20 PM
    I am absolutely sure that this topic has been discussed before within the Forum, however I suppose that there is no harm done by a reiteration. If the BlackBerry KEY2 being discussed here is indeed the Chinese BBF100-4, then it will be essentially “Google Free”. Even when outside the Peoples Republic of China, a factory reset will not make any difference whatsoever. Google Play is well and truly blocked on the BBF100-4 and even some APK files, whilst appearing to have been downloaded successfully, will not function due to the absence of Google Play on the device.

For myself, I am currently living in the Peoples Republic of China and as a long time BlackBerry devotee, use a BBF100-4. The lack of Google Play makes no difference whatsoever to me, however I think that this absence may be a nuisance for some. This is the prime reason for this response. My BBF100-4 otherwise functions well and as a minor note, I have tried to avoid employing invasive Chinese apps resulting in being forced to use an Open VPN connection using UDP and TCP protocols for almost everything on my KEY2, other than calls and messages.

As said and the prime reason for this post is that based on my personal experience, someone buying a BBF100-4 in the United States will be unable to access Google Play, unless of course there is a "trick" which I am blissfully unaware of.
    saint300 likes this.
    11-23-20 12:20 AM