does this phone work ok? i have the BBE100-5 on verizon right now and that works without issues...was considering trying the regular KEY2
    11-02-19 09:27 PM
    does this phone work ok? i have the BBE100-5 on verizon right now and that works without issues...was considering trying the regular KEY2
    It will. Just swap your SIM from the one that is working on your LE.
    11-02-19 11:40 PM
    Hi - asking for confirmation because even now I'm getting mixed messages from BB and VZW -- does the BBE100-2 work on VZW? Based on BB specs it should but no one at either company seems to actually know, and it seems they're pushing the dual sim 5. Annoying. Thanks.
    05-06-20 08:45 AM
    Hi - asking for confirmation because even now I'm getting mixed messages from BB and VZW -- does the BBE100-2 work on VZW? Based on BB specs it should but no one at either company seems to actually know, and it seems they're pushing the dual sim 5. Annoying. Thanks.
    There are tons of threads about this. It will work fine - just the same as your LE. Since you already have the LE active you've already cleared the only hurdle which is adding CDMA LESS to your account. Like conite said, just move your SIM and it'll work.
    05-06-20 09:07 AM
    There are tons of threads about this. It will work fine - just the same as your LE. Since you already have the LE active you've already cleared the only hurdle which is adding CDMA LESS to your account. Like conite said, just move your SIM and it'll work.
    I don't have the LE yet because I can't get a clear answer. The threads you note and countless other threads and direct replies from BB & VZW all conflict to some degree. I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars on even a used LE without knowing if it will work on VZW. Less than 2 minutes ago BBMobile again told me that only the 5 will work on VZW. So will the 2 be fully functional on VZW? Thanks.
    05-06-20 09:13 AM
    I don't have the LE yet because I can't get a clear answer. The threads you note and countless other threads and direct replies from BB & VZW all conflict to some degree. I'm not about to spend hundreds of dollars on even a used LE without knowing if it will work on VZW. Less than 2 minutes ago BBMobile again told me that only the 5 will work on VZW. So will the 2 be fully functional on VZW? Thanks.
    It's as has been stated many times. The KEY2 BBF 100-2 is not officially supported by Verizon but it works just fine. I've used one off and on for months and there are plenty of other reports of the same.

The question in this thread is "will it work?" not "is it supported?". You will have to decide for yourself whether you want to purchase and activate an unsupported device. No one here can make the decision about how you use your own money.

The only hurdle I faced was to have CDMA LESS added to the line you want activated. That takes a call to customer service. I've had that done on my personal line (which I obviously controlled) and a business line (which I did not control).
    05-06-20 09:22 AM
    It's as has been stated many times. The KEY2 BBF 100-2 is not officially supported by Verizon but it works just fine. I've used one off and on for months and there are plenty of other reports of the same.

The question in this thread is "will it work?" not "is it supported?". You will have to decide for yourself whether you want to purchase and activate an unsupported device. No one here can make the decision about how you use your own money.

The only hurdle I faced was to have CDMA LESS added to the line you want activated. That takes a call to customer service. I've had that done on my personal line (which I obviously controlled) and a business line (which I did not control).
    Yeah, I've read about needing the CDMA LESS - thanks for the reminder. So you agree that Verizon does not support the 2? Yes, my wording changes the answer. I appreciate you noting that and responding. Thanks.
    05-06-20 09:25 AM
    Yeah, I've read about needing the CDMA LESS - thanks for the reminder. So you agree that Verizon does not support the 2? Yes, my wording changes the answer. I appreciate you noting that and responding. Thanks.
    Wait - you wrote BBF but I'm talking about the BBE...? BBF is K2, BBE is LE.
    05-06-20 09:26 AM
    It's unequivocal - Verizon does not officially support the KEY2.
    05-06-20 09:27 AM
    Sorry - another clarification please: if the 2 fully functional on VZW? Thanks.
    05-06-20 09:27 AM
    It's unequivocal - Verizon does not officially support the KEY2.
    Yes I know it doesn't support the K2. I'm talking about the LE...
    05-06-20 09:28 AM
    Wait - you wrote BBF but I'm talking about the BBE...? BBF is K2, BBE is LE.
    The BBE100-5 is officially supported on Verizon. The BBE100-2 is the single-SIM equivalent, and while not official, works equally well.
    05-06-20 09:28 AM
    Yes I know it doesn't support the K2. I'm talking about the LE...
    This thread is about the BBF 100-2, see the title.

The BBE 100-5 KEY2 LE is officially supported by Verizon. I don't know about BBE 100-2.
    Last edited by robnhl; 05-06-20 at 09:33 AM. Reason: Clarity
    05-06-20 09:32 AM
    The Key2 LE is certified to function on VZW and the Key2 is not certified to function on VZW but usually does. There's no guarantee since not officially certified.
    05-06-20 09:32 AM