Since Blackberry abandoned hardware to focus exclusively on software, they should create a BB generic image and encourage phone manufacturers to add their drivers. This way you can get an S7, and an S7 BB edition. I know you can download the apps separately but I was thinking it might be their toehold back into the secure corporate environment.

But this also means developing a set of applications that are desirable, customizable yet easy to setup and use. I'm thinking of the old note application from BB10 or making sure the HUB is a one stop message app that integrates to about anything, including being able to add corporate instant messengers (AOLIM, Yahoo, MSN etc...)
    06-06-18 04:26 PM
    (AOLIM, Yahoo, MSN etc...)
    Wait, what? I haven't used those in at least five years if not ten. People have moved on to other corporate communications apps such as Skype (slowly becoming less popular as I see it), Slack, Hipchat, and others. HUB does a good job integrating those apps.

I'm just uhh, going to think nostalgically about the old days for a while. We have it better now.
    06-06-18 04:38 PM
    Wait, what? I haven't used those in at least five years if not ten. People have moved on to other corporate communications apps such as Skype (slowly becoming less popular as I see it), Slack, Hipchat, and others. HUB does a good job integrating those apps.

I'm just uhh, going to think nostalgically about the old days for a while. We have it better now.
    In fact, Microsoft merged MSN Messenger into Skype so you can't even use MSN anymore. The only thing left with the MSN name is their news website and one or two related apps or so, but that's it.

The youngsters nowadays, from what I gather, are using WhatsApp, Telegram, FB Messenger, Twitter DM's (DM's 'cause we're talking about mostly private communication), Snapchat and Discord.
    Slack and Skype are used in corporate environments sometimes, but WhatsApp is also gaining corporate market share, at least here in Europe.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    06-06-18 04:48 PM
    Our company still uses their version of MSN for internal IM but my point is to figure out a way to make those applications work, even if it means the IT folks manually entering the information. BYOD is the wave of the future so why not aim at making your device a secure blackberry? Especially when it comes to putting a device behind the corporate firewall....
    06-06-18 08:37 PM