Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi,

I've had my Key² working for about 4 months now and performance wise I have no complaints. However, I'm averaging 1.5 days between charging and 6hrs screen on time. I can stretch it if I turn on the ugly red bar battery saver.

With the KeyOne BE I used to comfortably get two full days. The battery on the Key² is only very slightly smaller. Do you guys have any tips for to prolong battery life?

A few stats about how I have my phone set up:
    • 3 email accounts set up in hub, hourly sync intervals.
    • 110 apps installed. I could reduce this number, and have disabled the stock ones I don't use.
    • I have quite a number of Tasker automisation set up. This includes turning off Wifi etc off at night and when the phone is placed face down, location only activates when Google Maps is launched.
    • Auto brightness is set to low except when using certain apps such as camera roll for photos. Screen sleep at 30secs.
    • I don't use NFC etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated. I don't want to charge at midday, or accept charging everyday... I'm sure there is a solution here. I'm tempted to wipe and start again, loading a couple of apps a day buckaroo style until it becomes apparent what drains the most...

Cheers

Mike
    01-24-19 07:47 AM
    Send battery usage screenshot
    01-24-19 08:15 AM
    If you don't use Google app then better disable it

Using power center, just stop the unused/rarely used apps from running in the background
    Vistaus and Crusader03 like this.
    01-24-19 09:20 AM
    and when the phone is placed face down
    this sounds heavy as the sensors have to be active all the time.

but you really need to start with analyzing the battery usage. i can recommend the accubattery for this
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ttery&hl=en_US
    01-24-19 09:56 AM
    Send battery usage screenshot
    As requested. Idling seems to use a lot. Drops 20% overnight sometimes.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Tips Request-14752.jpg  
    01-25-19 12:33 AM
    As requested. Idling seems to use a lot. Drops 20% overnight sometimes.
    Looks pretty normal, can you send full screenshot with per app consumption
    01-25-19 02:09 AM
    ...• I have quite a number of Tasker automisation set up. This includes turning off Wifi etc off at night and when the phone is placed face down...
    Did you manage to get airplane mode to toggle or cellular data and Wifi to be switched off wit the Tasker?

I am looking for a solution to somehow mimick the BB10 night mode (all connections off with one swipe).
    01-25-19 06:39 AM
    Did you manage to get airplane mode to toggle or cellular data and Wifi to be switched off wit the Tasker?

I am looking for a solution to somehow mimick the BB10 night mode (all connections off with one swipe).
    I have an automatic night time profile running from 22:30-06:30hrs. This adjusts; WiFi and bluetooth (off), all volumes set to zero and display level brightness to zero.

I then have a daytime profile reversing the above.

You can't user tasker or any other automation app to toggle mobile data or Airplane mode without Root, which is a shame really.

You could set up the above by; time, homescreen shortcut, NFC tag, plug in to charge, and a whole host of other triggers. I did have the face-down orientation set up to do it but as we've discovered it seems to eat battery like a Krispy Kreme...
    01-25-19 08:09 AM
    Since the first post I have;

- Uninstalled further apps (replacing Gumtree and news for example with web pages in browser).
    - Disabled the tasker “face down” tasks (this seems to really have affected battery life).
    - Changed my emails to manual sync. I was manually refreshing anyway, and they seem to be ‘pushed’ through automatically when on WiFi regardless.
    - Changed Google settings – apps will no longer auto-aupdate, but I will be notified when updates are available (i.e. I will choose to do them all at once rather than piecemeal throughout the day).

Thank you for your other suggestions. I will install the battery monitoring app as well. I have been using GSAM which has been fairly useless.

When I get some time tonight I will use power centre to restrict some apps and also permissions in DTEK.

Already I can see a difference in battery life. Almost 24hrs and at 70% battery…

Hooray!
    01-25-19 08:11 AM
    Since the first post I have;

-Uninstalled further apps (replacing Gumtree and news for example with web pages in browser).
    -Disabled the tasker “face down” tasks (this seems to really have affected battery life).
    -Changed my emails to manual sync. I was manually refreshing anyway, and they seem to be ‘pushed’ through automatically when on WiFi regardless.
    -Changed Google settings – apps will no longer auto-aupdate, but I will be notified when updates are available (i.e. I will choose to do them all at once rather than piecemeal throughout the day).

Thank you for your other suggestions. I will install the battery monitoring app as well. I have been using GSAM which has been fairly useless.

When I get some time tonight I will use power centre to restrict some apps and also permissions in DTEK.

Already I can see a difference in battery life. Almost 24hrs and at 70% battery…

Hooray!
    Good to hear your issue got resolved
    01-25-19 08:17 AM
    Settings changes have made a big difference. Now getting the two days solid battery life which is exactly what I was after. Thanks all. Happy days.
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Tips Request-18972.jpg  
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    01-30-19 08:05 AM
    How do you disable the face down feature?
    02-25-19 09:03 AM
    I found that rebooting daily helps A LOT.
    02-25-19 09:21 AM
    I disabled all Google play services = a few hours more till the the next charging.
    02-25-19 04:30 PM
    How do you disable the face down feature?
    Go to settings then select shortcuts and gestures and you could switch off this feature.
    02-27-19 03:05 PM
    I found that rebooting daily helps A LOT.
    Yes that's true because sometimes the battery consumption for Android OS and Android system goes very high.
    A 32 seconds reboot restore it.
    02-27-19 03:07 PM
    Go to settings then select shortcuts and gestures and you could switch off this feature.
    Appreciate it.
    03-04-19 04:16 PM