Does this resolve the situation permanently, or only temporarily?
    We'll see how today goes. I didn't get a full charge on it today though.
    11-21-18 12:28 PM
    my battery life has been pants since the AB1067 update

getting 4 hours on screen !!!!! tragic !
    11-22-18 02:03 PM
    my battery life has been pants since the AB1067 update

getting 4 hours on screen !!!!! tragic !
    Ya something is definitely the wrong on yours. Sorry to hear.
    11-22-18 02:13 PM
    Ya something is definitely the wrong on yours. Sorry to hear.
    Needs fixing asap

Driving me nuts !
    Byrese likes this.
    11-22-18 02:17 PM
    I cleared the cache BB+Services, Hub, and Google Play store. That might have done the trick.I charged my phone to 100 today (I rarely do that) and went along my way. Now after a day of use its just down to 71 percent. This is what the battery life should look like.
    Seems to have improved things for me. I got 4 hours of SOT after using 46% of the battery. Of course, I don't use the actual apps for FB, Twitter; I use their website links instead.
    11-22-18 02:50 PM
    Needs fixing asap

Driving me nuts !
    Try my fix above. Someone suggested it to me and it seems to have worked.
    11-22-18 02:57 PM
    Try my fix above. Someone suggested it to me and it seems to have worked.
    Which fix ?

Cheers
    11-22-18 02:57 PM
    Which fix ?

Cheers
    I cleared the cache BB+Services, Hub, and Google Play store. That might have done the trick.I charged my phone to 100 today (I rarely do that) and went along my way. Now after a day of use its just down to 71 percent. This is what the battery life should look like.
    11-22-18 03:30 PM
    I have also noticed increased battery life by following all the suggestions of the power center app. I hadn't done that until yesterday. Now my battery life is similar to the Keyone I use to have. We'll see how it goes in the coming days.
    12-05-18 05:25 PM
    Since day 1 my key2 wont last half day of use. I thought the commercials is just plain exaggerating until I talk with a key1 user. He suggested setting most apps to energy saving in power center. Its better now but still doesnt reach 12hrs.

I tried to find the clearing of cache... can you instruct where to do that??? Is it in settings?
    12-06-18 05:40 PM
    Since day 1 my key2 wont last half day of use. I thought the commercials is just plain exaggerating until I talk with a key1 user. He suggested setting most apps to energy saving in power center. Its better now but still doesnt reach 12hrs.

I tried to find the clearing of cache... can you instruct where to do that??? Is it in settings?
    Settings--storage--other apps--google play services/BB Hub +services--clear cache.
    wasalph likes this.
    12-06-18 06:06 PM
    Settings--storage--other apps--google play services/BB Hub +services--clear cache.
    Thanks... found it! Hopefully my battery will last me at least until I went to bed
    12-06-18 06:09 PM
    Thanks... found it! Hopefully my battery will last me at least until I went to bed
    Ya that sounds strange, not being able to make it through the day. Sure the K1 is better on battery IMO but what you're experiencing isn't normal. Also do all the battery tips on the Power Center app. Those really helped me too.
    12-06-18 06:16 PM
    Ya that sounds strange, not being able to make it through the day. Sure the K1 is better on battery IMO but what you're experiencing isn't normal. Also do all the battery tips on the Power Center app. Those really helped me too.
    My power center all says ok (green) since day 1
    12-07-18 04:43 AM
    Do me a favour and install GSAM battery monitor (then delete when you're done. Press on "App Usage" and tell me if "RCS Phone" is at the top? This wasn't the case for the Keyone on Android 8.1 (or my DTEK 50). The main GSAM screen will also tell you how long the phone has been "Held Awake" for. My Dtek50 (used to forward all my phone calls and sms's) and KeyOne before are "Held Awake" for but a mere fraction of the Key2.

If it is, then I'm afraid we can't do too much until Android itself is updated I believe. Don't get me wrong, battery life isn't horrible, but I know it could be better. I'm pretty sure it's not the phone (or any external app's) fault.
    My SOT is taking much of the battery. My display is set at 15% with adaptive brightness and keyboard auto backlight... is this normal???
    Attached Thumbnails Battery Life Key2 (ABI067)-16375.jpg  
    12-08-18 11:50 PM
    Not sure if this is still an active thread. However I've been experiencing excessive batt drain with my brand new Key2 on ABP924

To cut a long story short - have you had switched on "double tap to wake" ? I figured out with GSam and WLD lite that this may be the root cause of my drain. Suddenly RCS Phone and Kernel are not the main suckers anymore.

Have a try and let us know here.
    03-06-19 07:38 AM
    I notice the same thing about batterie draining since ABP924 (but not as much as you)
    Has someone said in a thread " If you don't use google services you can desactive them". Since I do that I notice a large better batterie (almost 2 days).
    My double tap is "on" I don't think it use batterie at all
    Perhaps cleaning cache may help but I'm not sure.
    03-06-19 02:27 PM
    Am not sure how to use the phone when switching off Google services?? Anyhow, RCS phone DID again suck the battery.

However what improved is the wake/deep sleep - it went to deep sleep much more when Double Tap to wake is switched off. Probably naturally ...

I still hope it will be improved with a soonish future build/update.
    03-07-19 12:47 AM
    Not sure if this is still an active thread. However I've been experiencing excessive batt drain with my brand new Key2 on ABP924

To cut a long story short - have you had switched on "double tap to wake" ? I figured out with GSam and WLD lite that this may be the root cause of my drain. Suddenly RCS Phone and Kernel are not the main suckers anymore.

Have a try and let us know here.
    Have turned off double tap to wake, and noticed dramatic improvement in battery life on my key2
    03-27-19 07:13 PM
    I'm glad I saw this thread. The one thing I love about my Motion is the killer battery life. Not even remotely interested in going to a device that has mediocre battery life.
    03-28-19 01:31 AM
45 12