Hi guys

Just a quicky

Key 2 on o2uk

I was getting around 8 hours screen time when new

The phones about 6 months old

Now I'm getting barely 5-6 with brightness down

I've checked and nothing is draining it

Running abx648

Will using a different charger from the original affect the battery charge?

I'm using a genuine apple plug

Please advise

Cheers
    06-21-19 01:10 PM
    Hi guys

Just a quicky

Key 2 on o2uk

Running abx648

Please advise

Cheers
    Please see todays battery usage attached

It has been on full brightness most of today until now due to bright sunlight
    Attached Thumbnails Battery issues on BlackBerry KEY2?-97003.jpg  
    06-21-19 01:12 PM
    Please see todays battery usage attached

It has been on full brightness most of today until now due to bright sunlight
    Attached Thumbnails Battery issues on BlackBerry KEY2?-97004.jpg  
    06-21-19 01:13 PM
    also how does the 32 second reboot work ?

Will I lose any data etc

how will it benefit me
    06-21-19 01:14 PM
    IPhone chargers are 1A output. So basically not getting enough power. I would recommend a plug that has an output of 2.1 A minimum.
    06-21-19 01:16 PM
    IPhone chargers are 1A output. So basically not getting enough power. I would recommend a plug that has an output of 2.1 A minimum.
    It wouldn't just charge it fast enough right ?

Battery capacity still remains the same ?
    06-21-19 01:19 PM
    Think of it as using wrong oil in your car. if you keep using that charger, your phone will overheat and thats what causing the battery to run out quickly. If you keep using this eventually your battery will end up bubbling up and you would have to replace it. This doesn't sound as bad until you ask which of the local repair shops might be able to get the part for you.
    Spoiler alert none of the local repair shops would carry a low demand product.

It's not about fast charging. You can live on one meal a day but you are starving yourself. You really need 2 meals to function properly.

Also you won't notice the difference right away when you change the charger for at least the first couple of days.
    06-21-19 01:31 PM
    The BlackBerry charger is 15W so even the wattage output is low on the iPhone plugBattery issues on BlackBerry KEY2?-notable-00009.jpeg

0.5 A input is too low
    06-21-19 01:32 PM
    Think of it as using wrong oil in your car. if you keep using that charger, your phone will overheat and thats what causing the battery to run out quickly. If you keep using this eventually your battery will end up bubbling up and you would have to replace it. This doesn't sound as bad until you ask which of the local repair shops might be able to get the part for you.
    Spoiler alert none of the local repair shops would carry a low demand product.

It's not about fast charging. You can live on one meal a day but you are starving yourself. You really need 2 meals to function properly.

Also you won't notice the difference right away when you change the charger for at least the first couple of days.
    Thanks for your reply

Could you send me a pic of your charger and outputs so I can find the same one?

Cheers
    06-21-19 01:40 PM
    You can purchase any 2.1 or 2.4 A chargers. What I use is a wall plug with USB portsBattery issues on BlackBerry KEY2?-1561142938076.jpeg
    06-21-19 01:49 PM
    You can purchase any 2.1 or 2.4 A chargers. What I use is a wall plug with USB portsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1561142938076.jpeg 
Views:	41 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	444887
    Thanks for your help

Just ordered myself an aukey qc3 charger
    06-21-19 02:07 PM
    Great!!! you would love that charger. I gave it to one of my friends so that him and his wife don't struggle with the outlet (they have a lamp plugged into one of the outlets) and they love it.

Just a heads up though the quick charge would only work if you select the boost mode (there is an option in settings to enable boost by default)

Key1 and Key2 default to "charge only" which is normal charge.
    Just mentioning if you ever need the quick charge functionality in case of an emergency, say a work trip.
    06-21-19 02:16 PM
    Hi guys

Just a quicky

Key 2 on o2uk

Running abx648

Please advise

Cheers
    Key2 I disconnected from the charger was 4 am and at 3pm I was already dead, I do not know what my batteries ate but I will tell how I switched to ABX648 that's what happened because on another previous version I did not want to eat batteries in a few hours.
    06-21-19 02:22 PM
    Key2 I disconnected from the charger was 4 am and at 3pm I was already dead, I do not know what my batteries ate but I will tell how I switched to ABX648 that's what happened because on another previous version I did not want to eat batteries in a few hours.
    Must be this horrific update then.

Less then 4 hours on screen and my phones dead today!

Unacceptable for my needs

I needed a new charger regardless but not sure it will help the issue in hand
    06-21-19 02:25 PM
    For me the update was fairly good. I did a full wipe and get 17 hours on a good usage. Battery issues on BlackBerry KEY2?-notable-00010.jpegBattery issues on BlackBerry KEY2?-notable-00011.jpegBattery issues on BlackBerry KEY2?-notable-00012.jpeg
    06-21-19 02:31 PM
    I also noticed abx648 drain more power then normal.
    I always use power adapter come with the device. I tried iphone/ iPad adapter that just charging slow.
    06-21-19 02:43 PM
    Must be this horrific update then.

Less then 4 hours on screen and my phones dead today!

Unacceptable for my needs

I needed a new charger regardless but not sure it will help the issue in hand
    The new charger does not help, it's rather the fault of the software. Since on the earlier versions it did not work, and ABX648 suddenly drains the battery power, so there is only one reason for Soft, you just have to wait until it improves in the new version.
    06-21-19 02:45 PM
    The new charger does not help, it's rather the fault of the software. Since on the earlier versions it did not work, and ABX648 suddenly drains the battery power, so there is only one reason for Soft, you just have to wait until it improves in the new version.
    Hopefully that sorts it soon
    06-21-19 02:50 PM
    Hopefully that sorts it soon
    These are turtles (Blackberry) so count for two three months how well they will go.
    06-21-19 02:58 PM
    Thats seems about right 4,5 hours on screen with about 50 percent used

What brightness on the screen ?

And they need sort these turtles out, I cannot function my business with these dramas
    06-21-19 03:00 PM
    So, FYI, boost mode doesn't have anything to do with the charger itself. It dims the screen and syncs apps less often to send more juice into the battery. Type of charger can effect how fast the device charges, but not how long it lasts after pulling the plug. My Key2 is also 6 months old, and I'm still getting 2-3 days between charges (fairly light use).
    06-21-19 03:14 PM
    Thats seems about right 4,5 hours on screen with about 50 percent used

What brightness on the screen ?

And they need sort these turtles out, I cannot function my business with these dramas
    "About right" ??

4.5 hours SOT with 50% left is freaking amazing!
    06-21-19 04:49 PM
    So, FYI, boost mode doesn't have anything to do with the charger itself. It dims the screen and syncs apps less often to send more juice into the battery. Type of charger can effect how fast the device charges, but not how long it lasts after pulling the plug. My Key2 is also 6 months old, and I'm still getting 2-3 days between charges (fairly light use).
    I wish mine was the same
    06-21-19 05:51 PM
    "About right" ??

Yes seriously when I first had my key2 I was pushing 8-9 hours screen time

Brightness was set to low, no battery saver, push and location enabled.

Good days
    06-21-19 05:53 PM
    "About right" ??

What you getting on yours ?
    06-21-19 05:53 PM
48 12