I just got my Key2 and I hope to transfer content from my Passport and switch phones, tomorrow. I'm never had to do this on my own, before. Sorry if these questions are too basic, but when I searched I found directions that seemed to start a couple of steps from where I was. Right now, my data is all on the Passport (mostly the data card) with no other backup

Do I need to install anything on the Passport before I start the process?

Do I switch the SIM and data card from the Passport to the Key2 before the content transfer?

Next, do I download the content transfer app from Blackberry or some other site?

Are the Passport and Key2 connected through my home WiFi during the transfer, or am I missing a step?

Thanks for your help.
    12-18-18 06:28 PM
    Do I need to install anything on the Passport before I start the process?
    The BlackBerry Content Transfer app.

Do I switch the SIM and data card from the Passport to the Key2 before the content transfer?
    Entirely up to you. The SD card can be used as part of the data transfer options, so if you plan on doing it that you, you naturally don't want to remove the SD card.

Next, do I download the content transfer app from Blackberry or some other site?
    For your Passport, download it from BlackBerry World. Your KEY2 should alsready have it installed, if not, install it from the Google Play Store.

Are the Passport and Key2 connected through my home WiFi during the transfer, or am I missing a step?
    As far as I recall, it's not a requirement but they will need some sort of internet connection.

To be quite honest, the BlackBerry Content Transfer app is pretty rubbish and should be avoided unless you have data you simply don't want to/can't manually move. And to save time, and the possibility of it messing up, you shouldn't let it handle your Music/Photos/Videos. You can move all of those things manually easily by just putting all on your SD card and it's faster than the app will do it.

Just use the BlackBerry Content Transfer app for your contacts, calendar, SMS, simple stuff like that.
    widderschynnes likes this.
    12-18-18 08:05 PM
    Thank you, Bla1ze.
    12-19-18 07:59 PM