I really liked my Key2. This phone was a perfect fit for my needs. However, every time it received an update, I would lose internet. Of course AT&T was of ZERO help and Blackberry wanted me to send them the phone. Who know when I would see it again. After the first update I fixed the problem by doing a factory reset using the hardware keys. A Settings factory reset failed to correct the problem. After a second update today and then suffering the same problem, I had enough. The phone is going back to Amazon and I'll try again with a new Key2. By the way, I've never encountered more inept tech support than that of AT&T.
    Qorax and Tech Idiot like this.
    08-17-18 11:07 PM
    When companies grow, they become as inefficient as Government bureaucracies.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-18 08:29 AM
    Bad unit, ask for replacement
    08-18-18 08:35 AM
    I am on ATT with no issues you definitely have a bad device good luck.
    08-18-18 08:44 AM
    Bad device, you should just let BlackBerry take it. Or get a replacement from amazon.
    08-18-18 09:18 PM
    but if he got it New he will thence get a refurb
    08-19-18 02:15 PM
    I am not an Amazon guy -- so what's the warranty when you buy via Amazon? You can send it back for a replacement within what? 30 days? Thanks.
    08-19-18 02:29 PM
    I am not an Amazon guy -- so what's the warranty when you buy via Amazon? You can send it back for a replacement within what? 30 days? Thanks.
    Not sure, but I had a bad Key2 from Amazon and they had a new one at my house within 24 hours - and told me to keep the bad one.
    08-19-18 06:50 PM
    Not sure, but I had a bad Key2 from Amazon and they had a new one at my house within 24 hours - and told me to keep the bad one.
    You could keep the bad one? Really?
    08-19-18 06:53 PM
    I believe the bad one is the one he did a teardown for all of us with
    Hphv and mralgi like this.
    08-19-18 06:55 PM
    Yes sir. Couldn't believe it. I let them know I had a lot of sensitive and confidential information on the device and asked them how they were going to guarantee that it would not be accessed (I was unable to wipe it/bricked). After that, they said I could keep it and didn't need to send it back. Crazy huh?

From there, I tore the device down to the bones.
    Summer_Moon and the_boon like this.
    08-19-18 06:56 PM
    I believe the bad one is the one he did a teardown for all of us with

It was sacrificial.
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    08-19-18 06:57 PM
    Yes sir. Couldn't believe it. I let them know I had a lot of sensitive and confidential information on the device and asked them how they were going to guarantee that it would not be accessed (I was unable to wipe it/bricked). After that, they said I could keep it and didn't need to send it back. Crazy huh?

From there, I tore the device down to the bones.
    Cool
    08-19-18 06:57 PM
    I really liked my Key2. This phone was a perfect fit for my needs. However, every time it received an update, I would lose internet. Of course AT&T was of ZERO help and Blackberry wanted me to send them the phone. Who know when I would see it again. After the first update I fixed the problem by doing a factory reset using the hardware keys. A Settings factory reset failed to correct the problem. After a second update today and then suffering the same problem, I had enough. The phone is going back to Amazon and I'll try again with a new Key2. By the way, I've never encountered more inept tech support than that of AT&T.
    I'm curious what you expected to get for assistance from AT&T tech support? The KEY2 is not a device sold by AT&T and they didn't release the updates. It's sold here in the U.S. through Amazon and Best Buy and the updates come from BBMo. So your technical support would be from BBMo if I'm not mistaken.

Bob
    08-19-18 07:19 PM
    I'm curious what you expected to get for assistance from AT&T tech support? The KEY2 is not a device sold by AT&T and they didn't release the updates. It's sold here in the U.S. through Amazon and Best Buy and the updates come from BBMo. So your technical support would be from BBMo if I'm not mistaken.

Bob
    This
    08-19-18 09:01 PM
    My issues with AT&T are not solely with my Blackberry. I also have a Galaxy Note 4 that had a problem and after hours on the phone with tech support and visiting my local store without resolution, I ended up fixing my problem without their help. So I repeat, their tech support is simply awful. I'm not a trained technician, but I was more effective than they were. I have no confidence in them at all.
    08-20-18 08:59 PM