I found a camera app which does not make use of the Camera 2 API to enable manual controls.
    It communicates with the device drivers and adds a few things I enjoy (histogram...) and more options than the BB camera app.
    There is a setting to enable noise reduction. surprisingly, disabling it produces pictures close to the ones BB camera app produced BEFORE the august update. When enabled, it gives pretty much the same results as the BB camera app. My guess is that BBmobile forgot to enable the software noise reduction in the first OS version (there is a permanent hardware noise reduction/post-processing that was already there)

But, in any case, here is the link if you want to try the app. It offers much more video/camera settings than the BB app and the pictures it produces are very similar (I did a lot of tests and comparison shots)

Bacon Camera

Edit : The thread where I compared the camera before and after the august update (exact same picture & settings)
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...30/index3.html
    08-14-18 01:04 AM
    I found a camera app which does not make use of the Camera 2 API to enable manual controls.
    It communicates with the device drivers and adds a few things I enjoy (histogram...) and more options than the BB camera app.
    There is a setting to enable noise reduction. surprisingly, disabling it produces pictures close to the ones BB camera app produced BEFORE the august update. When enabled, it gives pretty much the same results as the BB camera app. My guess is that BBmobile forgot to enable the software noise reduction in the first OS version (there is a permanent hardware noise reduction/post-processing that was already there)

But, in any case, here is the link if you want to try the app. It offers much more video/camera settings than the BB app and the pictures it produces are very similar (I did a lot of tests and comparison shots)

Bacon Camera

Edit : The thread where I compared the camera before and after the august update (exact same picture & settings)
    Wow nice find. I actually really like that Bacon Camera. Thanks for posting this!
    guizmox likes this.
    08-14-18 12:44 PM
    Camera MX is better IMHO.
    08-14-18 04:21 PM
    It's not the same kind of software. Camera MX has no manual settings (shutter speed...) but live filters when Bacon Camera is more for users who want a lot of settings close to what we can find on a DSLR camera.
    08-14-18 04:41 PM

Bacon Camera

Thank you, will try!

(Bacon...really? Nice name for a camera app. Lol)

Edit: tried it, brightens up darker shots a bit but washes them out and blurs them. BlackBerry camera still beats it overall.
    Last edited by panopticon; 08-15-18 at 12:36 PM.
    08-14-18 04:53 PM
    And the Bacon Camera is even better with 2 eggs over easy!
    Summer_Moon likes this.
    08-15-18 01:44 PM
    I used this on my KEYone but it has some glitches on KEY2. Ex: After taking a pic, tapping on the preview glitches out severely.
    08-15-18 06:05 PM