While I'm totally enjoying the Key2 and everything is working really well (knock on wood), I can't help but wonder: is there a way to backup everything on the phone in case I ever need to change handsets, or upgrade? Thanks.
    09-28-18 09:58 AM
    While I'm totally enjoying the Key2 and everything is working really well (knock on wood), I can't help but wonder: is there a way to backup everything on the phone in case I ever need to change handsets, or upgrade? Thanks.
    Just keep everything synced to the cloud.
    09-28-18 10:38 AM
    I'm struggling with this today! Upgrading ketone to 2 and at the moment can't do a complete cloud backup. It just keeps saying "waiting to back up" ...
    09-28-18 01:59 PM
    There is no way, to have 1:1 copy for this (like iphone has it). Unfortunately

Even if you sync phone to google, there still is so many things you have to do manually.
    09-28-18 04:59 PM
    Is there any thing for Key2 that comes close to Link ?

Say I don't want to use Google or anyone else's cloud, how can I make frequent backups of my entire phone ?
    10-18-18 09:23 AM
    Is there any thing for Key2 that comes close to Link ?

Say I don't want to use Google or anyone else's cloud, how can I make frequent backups of my entire phone ?
    Hopefully, you mean conceptually as the actual implementation of Link was IMO "less than optimal."

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    10-18-18 02:29 PM
    Hopefully, you mean conceptually as the actual implementation of Link was IMO "less than optimal."

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    Conceptually, yes.
    With all its flaws, I reckon Link saved me big once. I bricked my Passport by falling in my staircase.
    I unboxed a spare one, and one hour later, I was ready to go, with minimal data loss.

I'm not sure what would remain if I bricked my Key2 the same way ! And I like to hold my own back-ups too.
    10-18-18 04:00 PM
    Excellent thread. One BIG thing I miss from my old BB (9930) is the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software and the ability to do a real and complete back up. I am not familiar with Link, and I've found backing up to the cloud (via my carrier's software/app and how they do it) has been unreliable.

I have not tried anything regarding Google cloud, but it doesn't sound like that is a total solution.
    10-18-18 09:13 PM
    I would love to backup my phone and be able to load it onto a spare handset. It blows my mind we can't anymore, yet.
    Tech Idiot likes this.
    10-18-18 09:37 PM
    How useful you find this depends on what programs you use, but the free version has worked great for syncing Calendar and Contacts. This program was designed for Macs. https://www.sync-mac.com

I hope this helps.
    10-21-18 10:04 PM
    The Google back up to cloud option is totally random and tend to back up most of your app & phone settings while charging. I read somewhere that google plans to enable manual back-up of your phone data in a future android Pie update. This back-up issue is across android and Google plans to address it
    10-22-18 12:28 AM