Hi folks,

Since KEy2 is on Oreo, I've tried the Google default Backup and restore feature.

The good thing is that it is able to restore all the apps that you had before, however, all the settings related to such apps are gone.

Moreover, all the apps don't come back in the home screen as they used to be.

Looks like the current Google Backup is not yet fully compatible with BlackBerry Key2 and I was wondering if anyone is using some thirdparty backup&restore software that could save all app settings, app positions in the BlackBerry Launcher, etc etc and being able to save the data in a Google Drive?

Maybe I'm asking too much but such feature is currently available on competitors since a while and it's kind of "must have" in case we need to restore/change the device for whatever reason...

Any suggestions are very appreciated

Cheers,
    poy
    01-09-19 07:22 AM
    Hi folks,

Since KEy2 is on Oreo, I've tried the Google default Backup and restore feature.

The good thing is that it is able to restore all the apps that you had before, however, all the settings related to such apps are gone.

Moreover, all the apps don't come back in the home screen as they used to be.

Looks like the current Google Backup is not yet fully compatible with BlackBerry Key2 and I was wondering if anyone is using some thirdparty backup&restore software that could save all app settings, app positions in the BlackBerry Launcher, etc etc and being able to save the data in a Google Drive?

Maybe I'm asking too much but such feature is currently available on competitors since a while and it's kind of "must have" in case we need to restore/change the device for whatever reason...

Any suggestions are very appreciated

Cheers,
    poy
    Whether the settings are restored is contingent on the individual apps being compliant with Google's process. More and more are, and I find more than half of my apps are compliant.
    01-09-19 08:03 AM
    Whether the settings are restored is contingent on the individual apps being compliant with Google's process. More and more are, and I find more than half of my apps are compliant.
    Wow. I'm shocked but happy to know this isn't related to BB. Can you share with me a bunch of apps which are compliant?
    Once restored, does the app get back in the right position in the Home Screen?
    Is it a way to easily identify them in Google Playstore?
    Do you have on your device any exchange/email settings configured? Does the HUB settings are properly restored ?
    Thx!
    poy
    01-10-19 07:19 AM
    Wow. I'm shocked but happy to know this isn't related to BB. Can you share with me a bunch of apps which are compliant?
    Once restored, does the app get back in the right position in the Home Screen?
    Is it a way to easily identify them in Google Playstore?
    Thx!
    poy
    The BlackBerry Launcher is not compliant, so icons won't be restored.

Solid Explorer is compliant.
    01-10-19 07:21 AM