I carry naked, but just noticed the bottom right corner, edge, the red paint has come off a little, revealing the silver. This might be due to me placing the phone standing up in the plastic cupholder of my car, sometimes. so you might consider that. Don't place your phone on any hard surface or have it come in contact with any coin, keys, metal.
    11-28-19 11:29 PM
    I carry naked, but just noticed the bottom right corner, edge, the red paint has come off a little, revealing the silver. This might be due to me placing the phone standing up in the plastic cupholder of my car, sometimes. so you might consider that. Don't place your phone on any hard surface or have it come in contact with any coin, keys, metal.
    BBMo should offer the red paint in touch up size tubes for sale.
    Suzeranne and antony99 like this.
    11-29-19 12:39 AM
    BBMo should offer the red paint in touch up size tubes for sale.
    I wonder if anyone knows the color code for the red. I might get it scanned and see if my local shop can make me a touch up.
    antony99 likes this.
    11-29-19 02:44 AM
    I wonder if anyone knows the color code for the red. I might get it scanned and see if my local shop can make me a touch up.
    I would just leave it as a few marks on the paint would just add a bit of character to the phone, takes a licking and keeps on ticking etc. :-)
    11-29-19 05:46 AM
    I just bought one of these rings at the dollar store. I like this much more than a case, since I still can appreciate the beauty of this phone
    It also only cost me a dollar.Back to the naked KEY2-img_20191129_220013-1-1.jpeg
    11-29-19 03:11 PM
    I don't think plastic is supposed to scratch the paint off a phone..
    11-29-19 03:13 PM
    It’s probably since the original color underneath hadn’t completely dried yet

;-D
    11-29-19 03:39 PM
    It's the corner base of the keyboard. I think I read once that the keyboard frame is plastic. True? Would make sense.
    11-29-19 07:34 PM
    The keyboard frame is definitely plastic. There are Key2 keyboard replacement / complete tear down vids on Youtube where you can see how it is glued down. The frame of the phone including the round corners and bottom where the speaker / power connector holes are all painted aluminum.
    11-29-19 07:44 PM
    My Silver K2 also has a nick in one corner of the chin. Bought colour match touch up paint and it matches perfectly, unfortunately it will not stay on. I don't want to sand the surface for the paint to stick. Hope you have better luck.

Posted via my Passport
    11-29-19 10:25 PM
    I originally bought the OEM softshell when I ordered my Key2 Red, but felt super bad covering it up. so I bought one these type clear cases.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Tektide-Compat...UvbUpU13468263

It's not as awful as I had envisioned and it will offer some protection from when I inevitably launch it across a room.
    Attached Thumbnails Back to the naked KEY2-key2-case.jpg  
    11-30-19 12:28 PM
    The keyboard frame is definitely plastic. There are Key2 keyboard replacement / complete tear down vids on Youtube where you can see how it is glued down. The frame of the phone including the round corners and bottom where the speaker / power connector holes are all painted aluminum.
    Yup I believe it's for antenna reception reasons
    11-30-19 07:10 PM
    I went naked for 6 months but then screen broke. have a good minimal case now. I wish I could go naked but ur gonna drop the thing at some point no matter what.
    12-03-19 09:56 PM
    a rugged key3 would be my dream phone. something with a tpu case like integration. I wish someone would do this. im surprised there isnt a good slab version of this idea
    12-03-19 09:57 PM
    I bought one of those rings and sticked it onto the back of my key2. But now I decided to buy a case and get rid of the ring. How can I peel of the ring safely, without damaging the plastic? usually it's not a problem on other phones, but since the key2 has a softer back I don't want to damage it...
    12-10-19 04:41 AM
    Use a hair dryer on low or medium setting (high might be too hot) to gradually heat up the ring and the area around it. Gently pry up on the ring as you heat it up and it will peel off.
    12-10-19 08:31 AM
    a rugged key3 would be my dream phone. something with a tpu case like integration. I wish someone would do this. im surprised there isnt a good slab version of this idea
    Just wait for the Unihertz Titan then.
    12-11-19 04:15 PM
42 12