Hi all, TCL seems to not want anybody's help in providing support so they have removed the current method with which I use to generate autoloaders. I'm trying a workaround tonight and will post the results but it will be tedious and I'm not optimistic. So, at least for the time being, we are stuck with whatever they push over-the-air as far as updates go. That being said, anyone who gets the ABX OTA update, if you could, download and BEFORE you install PM me. I can grab at least some useful items from the OTA. Thanks in advance!
    06-07-19 07:33 AM
    Hi all, TCL seems to not want anybody's help in providing support so they have removed the current method with which I use to generate autoloaders. I'm trying a workaround tonight and will post the results but it will be tedious and I'm not optimistic. So, at least for the time being, we are stuck with whatever they push over-the-air as far as updates go. That being said, anyone who gets the ABX OTA update, if you could, download and BEFORE you install PM me. I can grab at least some useful items from the OTA. Thanks in advance!
    Thanks for all you do... to help users here!

I do wonder if they are trying to stop what the community is doing for "some" reason. Are there issues we don't know about with some variants getting an update that they haven't been approve to get? Less about the hardware but more about licensing or carrier requirements?
    docberry126 likes this.
    06-07-19 09:55 AM
    Who knows. The updater link on their website has been "coming soon" since the KeyOne was released and nothing has yet been posted. No device would ever get an update over the air if their PRD and current build weren't approved for it. Basically the over the air app checks everything for validity (imei, PRD, from version, Serial Number, etc.) so that shouldn't be the reason. Licensing and carrier requirements, idk.
    06-07-19 10:11 AM
    Well this is BAD. I'm stuck on the dec patch with the India PRD. I can use your April patch, but if that means the last update then I'm gonna have to take a hard look at my PKB addiction.
    06-07-19 04:04 PM
    Appreciate everything you do for us. Will this effect folks that have used an autoloader in the past and are off cycle for OTA? Thanks,
    06-07-19 04:28 PM
    @Crusader03 unless we are able to bring our devices back in sync with the last approved release the answer to your question is yes, we are stuck!
    06-07-19 04:36 PM
    I can provide loaders for any PRD if you are out of sync to get you back on track.
    06-07-19 09:26 PM
    I can provide loaders for any PRD if you are out of sync to get you back on track.
    Thank you! Would love to get the last certified release for PRD-63825-003

Assuming I should simply load it as per usual?
    06-07-19 09:35 PM
    Can't I just use the ABT update I used 2 months ago to get back on track? I always do a full wipe anyway.
    06-08-19 06:22 AM
    Can't I just use the ABT update I used 2 months ago to get back on track? I always do a full wipe anyway.
    Yes correct
    06-08-19 06:23 AM
    Yes correct
    Doesn't seem to work - Flashall command gives

FAILED (Write to device failed unknown error)

I am using the same procedure as always... (did 4 successful updates this way in the past)
    06-08-19 07:25 AM
    Honestly, if there is no chance of having autoloaders, I think I will stop using and buying BlackBerry phones after using them and buying practically all of them from OS7 through key2. It's a real pity in my opinion and a very bad bad thing...
    06-08-19 08:16 AM
    Doesn't seem to work - Flashall command gives

FAILED (Write to device failed unknown error)

I am using the same procedure as always... (did 4 successful updates this way in the past)
    Found what the problem is - My Mac is running Catalina Beta - W10 on Parallels has issues with it I guess... I used a Mac with High Sierra and on that system it works...
    06-08-19 08:43 AM