The PKB sensitivity issues exists... plain and simple. It existed when the KEY2 was released and review videos document that. BlackBerry Mobile Technical Support acknowledges it exists, users have first hand awareness the PKB sensitivity issue exists.

In my opinion, TCL/BlackBerry Mobile knew it existed when the KEY2 was released. To release a BlackBerry device with this issue, which for many is a feature item, to me is extremely disappointing. As I am one of the many long time BlackBerry users that is dealing with this issue it most definitely has caused me to lose confidence in TCL/BlackBerry Mobile with regard to not only the KEY2, but in any future PKB devices they may produce... which at this point is questionable... Again, in my opinion.

Bob
    What's the issue with the key2 pkb ? My key1 is dying and I'm thinking of pulling on a key2
    05-02-19 01:24 AM
    The KEY² LE Atomic, no.

The KEY² Red, yes.
    Are there any autoloaders that do work on the Key²LE variants? Looking at your spreadsheet the Key²LEs are being ignored in updates.
    bibbula likes this.
    05-02-19 03:18 AM
    Are there any autoloaders that do work on the Key²LE variants? Looking at your spreadsheet the Key²LEs are being ignored in updates.
    Unfortunately no.
    05-02-19 06:45 AM
    Unfortunately no.
    So the Key²LE has already been abandoned by BBMo.
    05-02-19 07:40 AM
    So the Key²LE has already been abandoned by BBMo.
    Not sure why you would say that. 88% of them are on the latest patch (Apr) or the one prior (Mar). 61% are on the very latest.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    05-02-19 07:43 AM
    Not sure why you would say that. 88% of them are on the latest patch (Apr) or the one prior (Mar). 61% are on the very latest.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    I was concentrating on the BBE 100-5s.
    05-02-19 07:57 AM
    I was concentrating on the BBE 100-5s.
    That variant has always been the ugly sister for some reason. I suspect that Verizon has their smelly fingers in the pot.
    bibbula likes this.
    05-02-19 07:58 AM
    That variant has always been the ugly sister for some reason. I suspect that Verizon has their smelly fingers in the pot.
    Interesting. When I bought my Key²LE on Amazon it was for the Att and T-Mobile bands and unlocked. Maybe I should have bought the Universal model.
    05-02-19 09:01 AM
    Interesting. When I bought my Key²LE on Amazon it was for the Att and T-Mobile bands and unlocked. Maybe I should have bought the Universal model.
    For some reason, the BBE100-2 sold through the Canadian carriers, are always up-to-date.
    05-02-19 09:03 AM
    For some reason, the BBE100-2 sold through the Canadian carriers, are always up-to-date.
    So the BBE100-5 are essentially tied to the carriers even though it's unlocked? That was not what I wanted for this phone. Crud!
    05-02-19 09:20 AM
    What's the issue with the key2 pkb ? My key1 is dying and I'm thinking of pulling on a key2
    I want to first say that the KEY2 is a fantastic device and serves my needs for a smartphone extremely well... I didn't have a KEYone but from reports by people who transitioned to a KEY2 they are very pleased.

That being said, the KEY2 has an issue with the PKB sensitivity when swiping predicted words. Unfortunately it is inconsistent and requires multiple swipes occasionally especially with the middle word selection. Some are okay with this, some don't use physical gestures so it isn't an issue, but for those of us affected with the PKB sensitivity issue when swiping predicted words it's very frustrating.

As I stated, the KEY2 is a great device and if you are one who types and swipes then you will undoubtedly be dealing with this issue. We are hopeful BlackBerry Mobile will resolve this but unfortunately to date this is not the case.

Bob
    05-02-19 09:21 AM
    So the BBE100-5 are essentially tied to the carriers even though it's unlocked? That was not what I wanted for this phone. Crud!
    They are all tied to whatever forces required the variant in the first place - whether it be regional regulatory issues, carriers, or other.

Even with unlocked devices, there are still many stakeholders involved. It's a complicated process - unless you're Apple, or an OEM that doesn't require local distribution channels or carrier partnerships.
    05-02-19 09:25 AM
    I want to first say that the KEY2 is a fantastic device and serves my needs for a smartphone extremely well... I didn't have a KEYone but from reports by people who transitioned to a KEY2 they are very pleased.

That being said, the KEY2 has an issue with the PKB sensitivity when swiping predicted words. Unfortunately it is inconsistent and requires multiple swipes occasionally especially with the middle word selection. Some are okay with this, some don't use physical gestures so it isn't an issue, but for those of us affected with the PKB sensitivity issue when swiping predicted words it's very frustrating.

As I stated, the KEY2 is a great device and if you are one who types and swipes then you will undoubtedly be dealing with this issue. We are hopeful BlackBerry Mobile will resolve this but unfortunately to date this is not the case.

Bob
    If the issue Is swipe related , does this also affect the swipe to delete words ? I myself don't flick words , however I do swipe to delete . Thanks for your input
    05-02-19 09:47 AM
    If the issue Is swipe related , does this also affect the swipe to delete words ? I myself don't flick words , however I do swipe to delete . Thanks for your input
    I'm not having an issue when swiping to delete words. As I mentioned, it occurs occasionally when swiping predicted words especially the middle selected word.

Again, the KEY2 is a very nice device in my opinion having been a long time BlackBerry user since 2005. Aside from the PKB sensitivity issue with swiping predicted words I very happy with my KEY2... 👍

Bob
    dan99x99 likes this.
    05-02-19 09:52 AM
    In addition to @Bob80220 comments the K2 keyboard randomly and involuntarily invoke cursor and sym vkb modes which can significantly affect typing performance.
    05-02-19 09:56 AM
    In addition to @Bob80220 comments the K2 keyboard randomly and involuntarily invoke cursor and sym vkb modes which can significantly affect typing performance.
    Is there a video or something to see what exactly happens ?
    05-02-19 09:59 AM
    Is there a video or something to see what exactly happens ?
    Oh man...so many! Including official reviews and even one from @CrackBerry Kevin

Head one to the mega thread and start browsing; you will find any documentation there is available publicly on the matter:

/blackberry-key2-f472/physical-keyboard-use-randomly-activates-pointer-cursor-mode-issue-1155317/
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-02-19 10:02 AM
    Thanks for the help. I'm returning my Key²LE and getting the Key²LEBBE100-2. I love Amazon's return policy.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-02-19 10:08 AM
    Thanks for the help. I'm returning my Key²LE and getting the Key²LEBBE100-2. I love Amazon's return policy.
    Just realise it is single SIM / 32GB instead of dual-SIM / 64GB.
    05-02-19 10:33 AM
    Just realise it is single SIM / 32GB instead of dual-SIM / 64GB.
    It is single SIM which is fine. But the description indicates 64gb Rom.
    05-02-19 10:51 AM
    It is single SIM which is fine. But the description indicates 64gb Rom.
    The BBE100-2 is definitely 32GB.
    05-02-19 11:06 AM
    The BBE100-2 is definitely 32GB.
    Based on your post I cancelled and ordered the BBE100-4. My head hurts.
    05-02-19 11:47 AM
    Based on your post I cancelled and ordered the BBE100-4. My head hurts.
    Lol. Too many models and variants!

Keep in mind that the international variants are missing N. American LTE bands 13, 29, 39, and 66 - which only amount to a small concern on Telus, Bell, and AT&T.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    05-02-19 12:05 PM
    Lol. Too many models and variants!

Keep in mind that the international variants are missing N. American LTE bands 13, 29, 39, and 66 - which only amount to a small concern on Telus, Bell, and AT&T.
    I'm changing my ship to address to my padded cell at Bedlam.
    At least it will get up dates.
    05-02-19 01:01 PM
    I'm changing my ship to address to my padded cell at Bedlam.
    At least it will get up dates.
    We can spend our run-around time together! I eat pinecones.
    Smokeaire and bibbula like this.
    05-02-19 01:04 PM
196 ... 23456 ...