Hi,
    thanks for the autoloader.
    On my end, I've downloaded the autoloader with the mobile upgrade tool kit. That being said, the tool kit that I've found in the CB forums is only for the K1. Can someone confirm that the tool can work with the K2 ?
    And it will be my first time doing so, is there a step by step guide to visual how to do it correctly ?

Thanks for you help.
    04-16-19 11:34 AM
    Hi,
    thanks for the autoloader.
    On my end, I've downloaded the autoloader with the mobile upgrade tool kit. That being said, the tool kit that I've found in the CB forums is only for the K1. Can someone confirm that the tool can work with the K2 ?
    And it will be my first time doing so, is there a step by step guide to visual how to do it correctly ?

Thanks for you help.
    The Mobile Upgrade Tool does not work on the KEY².
    ynak likes this.
    04-16-19 11:49 AM
    Or the cost of a possible fix is deemed not justified relative the number of complaints received.
    OTOH: the PKB market is small, so even a 5% loss of user base (let's just say 5% complained) is quite a steep loss. So if 5% decided to not buy the next BB because of this, well...
    anon(10387168) and RK_BB like this.
    04-16-19 12:06 PM
    ok thanks for your reply.
    how can I download the autoloader on my K2 then ?
    sorry I'm new to this.
    thanks
    04-16-19 12:10 PM
    OTOH: the PKB market is small, so even a 5% loss of user base (let's just say 5% complained) is quite a steep loss. So if 5% decided to not buy the next BB because of this, well...
    I'm sure they can do the math. In addition, they have the real numbers and costs.
    04-16-19 12:16 PM
    ok thanks for your reply.
    how can I download the autoloader on my K2 then ?
    sorry I'm new to this.
    thanks
    You don't need special software. Download the loader posted, unzip, remove device password and put it in bootloader, plug it in, and run.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    04-16-19 12:18 PM
    Worked flawlessly on my 100-6 variant
    Thanks a lot for your help !
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    04-16-19 01:40 PM
    Didn't think about it this way but as @conite said, they can do the math; whether they do it or not is a different question. I personally don't think so.
    04-16-19 02:07 PM
    need a bit of help. fiddled with beta OS and autoloader on BB10 but post priv days never needed it, but thanks to BlackBerry ignoring the updates, have to use it.
    so any link or something about instructions to do it for an Android autoloader noob would be appreciated.
    04-16-19 07:42 PM
    need a bit of help. fiddled with beta OS and autoloader on BB10 but post priv days never needed it, but thanks to BlackBerry ignoring the updates, have to use it.
    so any link or something about instructions to do it for an Android autoloader noob would be appreciated.
    Read three posts back.
    nkitt, Vistaus and Michelasmar like this.
    04-16-19 08:24 PM
    Read three posts back.
    Thanks. And also 2 more questions, 1. Will it wipe the device?
    2. Bootloader is power + vol key ???
    04-16-19 08:29 PM
    Thanks. And also 2 more questions, 1. Will it wipe the device?
    2. Bootloader is power + vol key ???
    You can run one of two batch files: one will wipe, the other won't.

Yes, from off use the pwr + vol key.
    nkitt and Vistaus like this.
    04-16-19 08:32 PM
    So it's like Russian roulette??? 😑😑
    04-16-19 08:34 PM
    So it's like Russian roulette??? 😑😑
    No-Wipe has been rock solid for me.
    Last edited by danp2000; 04-16-19 at 10:01 PM.
    04-16-19 09:05 PM
    No-Wipe has been Rick solid for me.
    Is there a way of knowing which one is 'no wipe' ? As I only see one file of 3GB in the link above.
    04-16-19 09:58 PM
    Is there a way of knowing which one is 'no wipe' ? As I only see one file of 3GB in the link above.
    You are supposed to unzip it.
    nkitt, Vistaus, bibbula and 1 others like this.
    04-16-19 10:00 PM
    Hey man I thought I sent this reply earlier but can't find it. I'm looking to flash my uk -6 with the original modem file to enable wfc on t-mobile. Can you help me find that file?
    04-17-19 08:38 PM
    I am trying to do this on my Indian Key2, but am doing something wrong - but I can't work out the problem.

I am pressing and holding volume down and power for 30seconds, and KEY2 shows a small menu.
    I press vol down twice, so that reboot in fastmode is selected.

I then launch the no-wipe script on my Windows PC, connect the phone to the PC and then enter y to continue.

The script runs, bit with these instant errors:

Sending 'tz_b' (1924 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    fastboot: error: Command failed
    Sending 'devcfg_b' (48 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Sending 'rpm_b' (219 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Sending 'xbl_b' (2864 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Sending 'hyp_b' (272 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Sending 'pmic_b' (39 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Sending 'abl_b' (268 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Sending 'cmnlib_b' (217 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Sending 'cmnlib64_b' (267 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Sending 'keymaster_b' (304 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Sending 'mdtpsecapp_b' (1053 KB) FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    FAILED (remote: 'Host unresponsive. pcauthtool running?')
    Rebooting into bootloader OKAY [ 0.001s]
    Finished. Total time: 0.004s

I am surely doing something wrong!

Meanwhile KEY2 reboots itself and is happy, but not upgraded.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Antony.
    Tippu Zunaid likes this.
    04-17-19 08:43 PM
    Erm, the error message says "pcauthtool running?" - and it probably isn't, as all I am running is the script.
    04-17-19 08:44 PM
    Ah, silly me this is going to be the screen lock that I haven't removed! DOH!
    04-17-19 09:04 PM
    Do update here after the update finishes and the phone boots up,

Waiting for the weekend to do it myself.
    04-17-19 09:25 PM
    ABT974 now happily running on my Indian dual sim KEY2 - it took about 6 mins in the end, once I removed the work account and then the screen lock! I ran the no-wipe script too, so rebooted with all my settings intact, and I quickly re-added my work email account (which forces the need for a screen lock) and am up and running perfectly.
    nkitt likes this.
    04-17-19 09:59 PM
    ABT974 now happily running on my Indian dual sim KEY2 - it took about 6 mins in the end, once I removed the work account and then the screen lock! I ran the no-wipe script too, so rebooted with all my settings intact, and I quickly re-added my work email account (which forces the need for a screen lock) and am up and running perfectly.
    how so? Does the autoloader be installed without deleting the device?
    04-18-19 03:39 PM
    how so? Does the autoloader be installed without deleting the device?
    Yes. Run the no-wipe batch file.
    04-18-19 03:42 PM
    Yes. Run the no-wipe batch file.
    where do i find the file. No-wipe batch file?
    04-18-19 03:50 PM
196 1234 ...