Same issue here. Had this problem since I bought the Key2. I did a lot of research concerning this issue. This seems to be related with google oreo (8.1) update and persists also with Pie update. Many Android users using a variety of phones (even the latest phones) are facing this huge problem.

https://support.google.com/pixelphon...d=1C0ZGY3nAQAJ

https://forums.androidcentral.com/an...d-stopped.html

https://forums.androidcentral.com/go...ter-8-1-a.html

A factory reset didn't help to solve the issue.

I have decided to go back to the keyone (to see if it's a key2 problem or not). I bought a new keyone to test out if this problem is there. When the keyone was on Nougat update (out of the box), notifications were running perfectly. After it updated to oreo OTA, the problem came back (no notification sounds - even thought all notifications are set to urgent and battery optimization is off).

I don't think it's only affecting a few phones as BB mobile said.

This should be fixed in a matter of urgency.

Google or blackberry should address a fix to this asap.
    04-18-19 08:26 PM
    still nothing?
    05-09-19 02:26 PM
    still nothing? This is super annoying!
    09-08-19 02:54 AM
    Am I the only one suffering from notification issues? Is there anyone else who previously experienced this glitch and has a solution to share? Thank you in advance.
    09-22-19 11:03 AM
    Audible notifications seem to randomly work and not work for me. Can't seem to identify any pattern. very frustrating.
    10-06-19 09:02 AM
    still nothing. it started with Oreo. I bought a new K2 last month. same problem as on K1
    10-06-19 06:30 PM
    This is crazy that the issue still persists. Does anyone have insight as to why a resolution can't be implemented? Is there grounds for a class action lawsuit as notifications is a primary requirement/expectation. The device isn't meeting the primary function for the consumer...
    10-19-19 07:44 PM
    So annoying, I have to reboot every few days to fix it too... and I have seen this on 3 different Key2 devices.

My understanding is that this doesn't just affect Key2 users, and that other Android users have the same issue.

For reasons unknown, I have also felt that the bug that causes this issue is triggered if you are on a long phone call. But I am not sure if it happens with any call that goes over a certain length, or if the issue is caused by getting a certain type of event notification on the device whilst you are on a phone call. It would make sense that the device mutes a notification during a call, and maybe it just doesnt correctly un-mute once the call is finished.

The only fix I can see is to reboot.
    10-22-19 11:37 PM
    If this is a known issue and there are so many people experiencing this glitch how come no one is able to find a permanent solution? Unfortunately the only way to gain attention and get this resolved is to open a class action. Id like to hear if this is isolated or are there a majority of users in the same boat?
    10-23-19 07:05 PM
    because the problem is in Oreo itself.
    10-25-19 07:24 AM
    I was having the problem for a long period of time, and it was driving me nuts - the only way I could get normal notifications was by rebooting.

I think it's tied to Oreo's do not disturb. Once I removed any do not disturb rules, and started using IFTTT to turn volume down to 10-20% based on location, meetings, etc - and stopped using the do not disturb function entirely... It now works the way it should.

It's the only reason why I hope we get Pie, otherwise I could care less one way or another.
    10-25-19 08:53 AM
    @phrogpilot73, can you explain what IFTTT is. I am not familiar with that acronym. Also, do you mean to say that you no longer use do not disturb? Does it annoy you that a basic function doesn't work? Am I ultra sensitive that this irritates me? Thanks in advance!
    10-31-19 07:52 PM
    @phrogpilot73, can you explain what IFTTT is. I am not familiar with that acronym. Also, do you mean to say that you no longer use do not disturb? Does it annoy you that a basic function doesn't work? Am I ultra sensitive that this irritates me? Thanks in advance!
    That's the name of an app in the Play Store, short for IF There Then That. Similar app to Tasker.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-31-19 09:03 PM
    I was excited about your suggestion of turning off automatic do not disturb, but no joy on my device sadly

I ran it for a week without the automatic do not disturb enabled (previously it would make my device go quiet between 10pm and 6am) - but I still found that my notifications stopped at some point during the day and I would only get vibrations happening until I rebooted.

I think it is something to do with being on a long phone call that triggers it, or if I get some type of notification whilst on a call - then my trusty device is stuck with vibrate only until I reboot. Sometimes I can go a few days before it happens. Ah well.
    11-07-19 11:37 PM
    keeps happening to me on my Key2 as well. have to reboot to get the notification sound back. has anyone updated to the most recent built in message app ? if so did that help? or make it worse?
    03-15-20 04:38 PM
    I am not aware that there is any fix for this - other than a reboot. I also believe this is an Android problem, rather than a Blackberry problem - as other Android users are often seeing the same issue. Crazy! ... and very annoying. I seem to cause the issue if I am on a long phone call.
    03-15-20 05:17 PM
    damn. same issue. for me it starts if I put headphones in. seems related to do not disturb too
    03-16-20 02:57 PM
    This started happening to me a little while ago. Vibrate would occur but no sound sometimes - not important as I always happened to hear the vibrate for things. Somehow I had it on do not disturb on weekends only. Fixed that, then missed a meeting last night. Tested adding an event in the calendar this morning, and yes, vibrate, no sound. Rebooted. Tested again, sound worked. Called Blackberry support. They set up a case number and sent me instructions in an email on how to change the phone into developer mode and collect a bug report to upload back to them the next time it happens.
    09-18-20 11:31 AM
    still happens to me too. somewhat random. happens when I used headphones and then stop.
    09-21-20 08:13 AM
    09-21-20 12:32 PM
    Im having the same issue the last few months
    Its stops to make a sound but it still vibrates
    The only thing that works is a reboot but also only for a while and then it starts again
    Sometimes a few hours till it silence again and sometime 2-3 days
    04-14-21 08:54 AM
    Im having the same issue the last few months
    Its stops to make a sound but it still vibrates
    The only thing that works is a reboot but also only for a while and then it starts again
    Sometimes a few hours till it silence again and sometime 2-3 days
    I've been on and of in this particular thread hoping to find a solution. but no luck
    Im still having this issue and I've been using my key 2 for 2 whole years.
    This thread is rather old so i feel like my luck ran out.
    04-19-21 10:43 AM
    I've been on and of in this particular thread hoping to find a solution. but no luck
    Im still having this issue and I've been using my key 2 for 2 whole years.
    This thread is rather old so i feel like my luck ran out.
    Might be interesting to know if those that have moved on to other devices with Android 9, 10 or 11 are still having the issue.... meaning it's something related to just Android 8.
    04-19-21 01:51 PM
    Might be interesting to know if those that have moved on to other devices with Android 9, 10 or 11 are still having the issue.... meaning it's something related to just Android 8.
    Unlikely. It may have been an android issue, but TCL never gave us updates. So we're stuck with that issue. I was hoping for a temporary fix that doesn't involve restarting whenever this happens
    04-19-21 02:22 PM
    Unlikely. It may have been an android issue, but TCL never gave us updates. So we're stuck with that issue. I was hoping for a temporary fix that doesn't involve restarting whenever this happens
    How often are you forced to restart?
    04-19-21 02:25 PM
106 ... 2345