The Big Problem for me is that it isn't available for Big Red (Verizon)!

Posted via CB10

That's what I am hoping too. The Key2 getting a bump in the things listed as shortcomings is great. The color is amazing. The price doesn't matter. Who looks at prices when picking a smartphone? You find THE one and you do what you got to do. I keep throwing money at flagships... Samsung S7 Edge, S7 Note, S8+, Pixel 2XL, Note 9..... bored. Screen to screen machine for consuming ads and junk game aps. Apps and the ads that come with them are lame and played out and I suspect directly responsible for the SPAM calls I get on my "Unlisted" phone line. Preferred use of these things is by Teenagers who are too dumb to know when they are being a sucker. The agenda is for everyone to be carrying a non stop selling Television for everyone to be stuck to. Im not down with the "sheep" movement, sorry not sorry.

What I want is not to look stupid in a Text or Email to the president of the company I work for. No more "B"s or "Ms" in stead of the dang spacebar. Theres no argument for a touch screen keyboard over a physical keyboard. People did not leave BlackBerrys way back when because of the keyboards. In fact there were other keyboard smartphones at the time and were loved. It was Android. It was an open platform with the large support of third party apps and features. There were phones with snappy and responsive screens during the time of BBs common user height. Prior to that BlackBerry devices were for customers that were making money, not spending it. Who were working, not taking selfies. And in todays over-populated market we Professionals desperately need sensabily and function to return to these devices.

I bought the LE, LOVE IT. No its not as fast, No the screen isnt great in direct daylight, no the camera does not have great stabalization or software renderring, BUT! Physical Keyboard is the way to go and the BB security is Mind Blowing. The BB HUB is fantastic. My Email is getting worked more, my texts are getting noticed easier, and my calls are fantastic.

Only problem.... Verizon. I rather the Key 2 for the full featured suite and the capacitive keyboard. So... BIG BIG question.... Any Chance the Key 2 Red Edition will be whitelisted? Is the operating bands different? When will we know if the bands supported match the Key2 LE?

I want one, please take my money.
    02-26-19 09:14 PM
    a red iPhone and the red KEY2. One is boring and generic and the other is unique
    That's an understatement
    02-26-19 09:18 PM
    The Spec Re-Up is welcomed, the finnish is georgeous. If it gets whitelisted on Verizon you'll start noticing the tax bracket of those who have one. We get it... the Herd have an ignorant watered down perspective of mobil computing and what it is for. We understand you want selfies, narcisim, and false representations of persona and facts and thats all you care about it. Clearly unknown to YOU is that some of us conduct BUSINESS on our devices and are tired of fighting a childs commercial machine to get things done properly.

You're not interested? Fine... gtfo the forums designe to talk about it. We clearly aren't talking to you.
    02-26-19 09:18 PM
    Key 2 Red Edition frequency Bands... do they match Key 2 LE? Chances of it geting Whitelisted by Verizon? Anyone find anything yet... my eyes are starting to cross looking for the information? I do not for the life of me understand why BBMo would announced the device and not have a spec page and release date ready for review.
    Last edited by BrettB4; 02-26-19 at 10:40 PM.
    02-26-19 09:20 PM

There are others who will gladly pay for it, and the price will drop if they can't clear the limited stock.
    Oh! Oh! Me! Me! Me!

I for one am happy to be excited about a new device again. It gets the blood pumping and I end up re-engaging with the CB forums.

It's funny that amidst all the phone news coming out of MWC, a new colour on a year old phone is the thing that's got me stoked the most in the mobile tech space (that and the Samsung Galaxy Buds; those are a must-buy for me as well). I was super impressed about the Samsung S10e and then forgot all about it when the KEY2 RE got announced.
    02-26-19 11:14 PM
    Yup, Nokia has proven that. They also released P with gestures to some of their devices with physical nav buttons.
    Can you please send me a reference to either of these Nokia devices?
    02-26-19 11:38 PM
    the advantage the KEY2 has over the KEY1 is that you can turn off the lights for the nav buttons separately. then they are barely visible. I hope that with Android P you can also turn them off completely and use gestures instead. And in addition to that, you won't hit the nav buttons accidentally while swiping up on pkb.

Edit: oh nvm, you can turn now off the lights for navbars on K1 too. But without lights they are still visible, on key2 they are not
    Last edited by Moon_Man; 02-27-19 at 01:43 AM.
    02-27-19 01:14 AM
    the advantage the KEY2 has over the KEY1 is that you can turn off the lights for the nav buttons separately. then they are barely visible. I hope that with Android P you can also turn them off completely and use gestures instead. And in addition to that, you won't hit the nav buttons accidentally while swiping up on pkb.
    Know what's even better? A KEY3 without capacitive nav buttons lol
    moosbb likes this.
    02-27-19 01:40 AM
    Yeah but we will maybe have to wait at least a year from now on, i think
    02-27-19 01:43 AM
    Surely this device (red edition) is meant to entice people who don't yet have a K2, rather than entice an upgrade from an existing K2. But, looks like they may get some people from column A and some people from column B.
    02-27-19 03:23 AM
    Surely this device (red edition) is meant to entice people who don't yet have a K2, rather than entice an upgrade from an existing K2. But, looks like they may get some people from column A and some people from column B.
    I expect just as many existing KEY2 owners will upgrade as KEYone owners or BB10 owners will... at this point the fanbase is down to a point were the "collectors" have become a big part of the sales picture. And no self respecting BlackBerry collector would fail to own a "limited edition" BlackBerry.

But sales from outside the BlackBerry userbase... I don't see a color change with a "premium" price being something that would move them off the fence.
    02-27-19 07:23 AM
    Until we get gestures, I want those buttons. After we have gestures, i'll want them gone. The problem is what to do with a phone with the buttons after we get the gestures.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-27-19 08:43 AM
    When my AT&T KEYone is done at end of the year, I hope AT&T has something new BBMo for me. If not, I’ll buy Key2, preferably the Red as well. For the added storage, and the color, I’m ok with the price.
    Just a feeling, but I think we've seen the end of AT&T branded BBMo devices. They showed zero interest in K2. I'm not holding my breath.
    02-27-19 09:04 AM
    Keeping ears peeled for news on Windows Andromeda and Centaurus projects, in the hope that there might eventually be some way to avoid Android altogether. After watching the recent saga of Google breaking sms on the Hub, am less enthusiastic than ever about having to make the switch..

Posted via CB10
    What?! MS is getting back into the mobile biz?
    02-27-19 09:06 AM
    Just a feeling, but I think we've seen the end of AT&T branded BBMo devices. They showed zero interest in K2. I'm not holding my breath.
    Interest by Carrier's seems to ebb back and forth....

For AT&T and Verizon it's more about enterprise customers, and I expect there are only a few of those. For now AT&T has the KEYone and Verizon seems to be "offering" the KEY2 LE. Next year AT&T may pick up the KEY3 LE... or not.

I think it's pretty clear there isn't enough interest from consumers to make BBMo products part of their main offerings, or to justify picking up every device and it's replacement each year. Might be that BBMo could be moving to a longer upgrade cycle to match what carriers want from them.... a new phone every 24 months or so for their enterprise customers.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-27-19 09:25 AM

For AT&T and Verizon it's more about enterprise customers, and I expect there are only a few of those. For now AT&T has the KEYone and Verizon seems to be "offering" the KEY2 LE. Next year AT&T may pick up the KEY3 LE... or not.

I think it's pretty clear there isn't enough interest from consumers to make BBMo products part of their main offerings, or to justify picking up every device and it's replacement each year. Might be that BBMo could be moving to a longer upgrade cycle to match what carriers want from them.... a new phone every 24 months or so for their enterprise customers.
    And even if a carrier does pick up a KEY3/LE, it would probably only be on display in big carrier stores that have sufficient room to first display all their usual, generic slabs, and then MAYBE they would dedicate 10 inches of space for a KEY device.

Smaller, run of the mill stores will probably just have a few iPhones, Samsungs and maybe a Huawei or something
    jevinzac likes this.
    02-27-19 11:02 AM
    And even if a carrier does pick up a KEY3/LE, it would probably only be on display in big carrier stores that have sufficient room to first display all their usual, generic slabs, and then MAYBE they would dedicate 10 inches of space for a KEY device.

Smaller, run of the mill stores will probably just have a few iPhones, Samsung's and maybe a Huawei or something
    I think IF they pick it up... it's an online only business phone.

It is surprising how much empty floor space is in a corporate carrier store these days... and how little is dedicated to phones. Lot more "other" products in there these days... Speakers, Desk Phones, Tablets and Watches take up more room than the phones.

And even in a corporate store... they don't show every phone. the Kyocera, Asus and Moto phones weren't on display at my Verizon store. It was more a this is the Apple section, this is the Samsung section, this is the Google section. The did have a display for the Hydrogen One... but the sales guy didn't like it. There was a back room that sometimes they took people into.... maybe that was were the prepaid and "cheap" stuff was kept....
    02-27-19 11:50 AM

This is what I’m thinking and hoping. It may just be the case where I give up the expectation for WFC though it’s not supported anyway so....
    02-27-19 12:42 PM
    I think IF they pick it up... it's an online only business phone.

It is surprising how much empty floor space is in a corporate carrier store these days... and how little is dedicated to phones. Lot more "other" products in there these days... Speakers, Desk Phones, Tablets and Watches take up more room than the phones.

And even in a corporate store... they don't show every phone. the Kyocera, Asus and Moto phones weren't on display at my Verizon store. It was more a this is the Apple section, this is the Samsung section, this is the Google section. The did have a display for the Hydrogen One... but the sales guy didn't like it. There was a back room that sometimes they took people into.... maybe that was were the prepaid and "cheap" stuff was kept....

This is how it appears now anyway. AT&T KEYone is online and I suspect the VZW Key2 LE will only be found online.
    02-27-19 12:45 PM
    What?! MS is getting back into the mobile biz?
    Probably not in direct competition with the duopoly; but some kind of foldable laptop hybrid that does, among other things, what the OP wants is apparently in the works..

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBHermes; 02-27-19 at 01:17 PM.
    Vistaus and Tim-ANC like this.
    02-27-19 12:55 PM
    Probably not in direct competition with the duopoly; but some kind of foldable laptop hybrid that does, among other things, what the OP wants is apparently in the works..

Posted via CB10
    A couple years ago there was rumor of a "surface phone" on the windows forum. I guess this is the evolution of that.
    02-28-19 08:20 AM
    First, to those who says the new Atomic Red KEY2 Is too expensive, I say Poppycock! It is iconic and cool, with more than good enough specs for the traditional BlackBerry "communicator":

128 GB RAM
    Solid Midrange SoC
    Dual Sim
    Great Battery Life
    6GB RAM
    BlackBerry's best PKB ever for Android

But the main reason it's a great value is obviously not the technical specifications. The KEY2 is simply badass. It's the most distinctive phone on earth, and for some of us, its the only Android phone worth a premium price.

BUT, there's one big problem. Unless it's going to receive both Android P and Q upgrades, its usable lifespan maybe limited to little more than two years. That's a huge problem for a premium phone and the only reason I would hesitate to get one if I wanted to buy a phone costing more than $400 (which I refuse to do in any case).

Posted with my trusty Z10
    So you refuse to buy a phone over $400 but defend the KEY2 Red Edition's price point?

Frankly I'm disappointed by their showing this year at MWC. Everyone else is showing off folding phones and 5G compatibility and here's BlackBerry Mobile showing off a re-release of a year-old device. I was really hoping for a new slider or slab.
    02-28-19 08:34 AM
    Everyone else is showing off folding phones and 5G compatibility
    Everyone?

That said, TCL, the real entity behind BBMo was one of the three showing/talking about foldables.
    02-28-19 09:18 AM
    Everyone?

That said, TCL, the real entity behind BBMo was one of the three showing/talking about foldables.
    Showing.... a few sketches and concept photos.

Sounded more like a "show" to pump TCL's lagging phone division or to promote their separate display division. Let's face it Alcatel is only a rented entry level phone brand at this point... foldable displays are way beyond their or BBMo customer bases.

While the watch looked the most interesting (to me)... it's a long way from a viable product (battery life cant be good) that has a reasonable price attached to it.
    02-28-19 11:55 AM
    Showing.... a few sketches and concept photos.

Sounded more like a "show" to pump TCL's lagging phone division or to promote their separate display division. Let's face it Alcatel is only a rented entry level phone brand at this point... foldable displays are way beyond their or BBMo customer bases.

While the watch looked the most interesting (to me)... it's a long way from a viable product (battery life cant be good) that has a reasonable price attached to it.
    I understand it is only a concept. But I still found it ironic that TCL was actually one of the three companies getting press for talking about foldables, when BBMo was being accused of not bringing any new ideas.

I still think the new Alcatel 3 is going to make an impact.
    02-28-19 11:58 AM
56 123