Hey everyone,

So now that Android 8 is being supported by less and less modern apps (And by extension the KEY2), which keyboard phone do you think would be a better replacement? The Astro Slide 5G or the F(x)tec Pro1 X? Are there any other viable alternatives that should be mentioned? I excluded Unihertz from the discussion because I personally am not comfortable with the whole Adups privacy deal.

Anyone willing to share your own personal options or experiences?
    08-13-22 08:36 PM
    Hey everyone,

So now that Android 8 is being supported by less and less modern apps (And by extension the KEY2), which keyboard phone do you think would be a better replacement? The Astro Slide 5G or the F(x)tec Pro1 X? Are there any other viable alternatives that should be mentioned? I excluded Unihertz from the discussion because I personally am not comfortable with the whole Adups privacy deal.

While I won't use a UH device for closely similar reasons, I don't believe either device you've mentioned is a truly viable option.

At this point, your best choices are iPhone, Galaxy or Pixel model that fits your budget or trade off some privacy/security for UH model of your choice...
    08-13-22 10:22 PM
    Hey everyone,

Interesting I have had not one modern app drop support for OS 8, what ones for you stopped working.
    08-14-22 06:34 AM
    Ring 2 Doorbell (Doh!)
    08-14-22 10:07 PM
    Hey everyone,

Are either of them being delivered to users yet? Every time I check they keep moving delivery dates around. But while they both have keys on them, the form factor is not what most want in a mobile device. If they had delivered the Astro Slide two years ago... it might have been interesting. Today both devices would be rather limited on US networks, while the Astro is 5G.... it's not US 5G.

Really isn't an option, other than to embrace the virtual keyboard as best as you can.
    08-15-22 01:10 PM
    Where is cbk or crackberry Kevin? High time to release the details of what coulda/shoulda been!

After almost 9 months with the pixel 6 pro, I'm blowing the dust off my key2 - need that qwerty for lengthy emails and remote reporting.

Pardon the off topic rant.
    08-15-22 05:09 PM
    Astro Slide Campaign - Week 123 Update (yes that is week 123 as in almost 2-1/2 years) - about 40% of units have been completed - distribution continues, at a rather slow pace. But pre-order do give Aug 22 as an expected delivery date.

Pro1-X the minor XDA Themed upgrade to the PRO-1 from several years ago is now working on batch three.... not really sure where they are in fulfillment of orders. Or what the current preorders on their website will be fulfilled it still say's "Pre-order your Pro1 X today. Shipping worldwide in July 2022." Either way I'd spend some time in the community forms before buying on of these, lot's of frustration.

But again I don't think either was really a viable alternative for what most BlackBerry users wanted in a candybar format PKB.
    08-16-22 08:50 AM