Has anyone had an app that just wont open. Touch it and the icon dims but nothing happens. My work has made us get this kronos app and I installed it and it worked. Next day it would not open. So I deleted and installed it again and seemed fine. Today same deal. My son has a pixel and did not have issues and I have not heard anyone else talk about it happening to them. I dont use a lot of apps. Have to use outlook for work mail and excel. Crackberry app telegram and instagram. No issues with anything else.

To note if you read the reviews this app sucks but never read where it wouldnt open just where it does not connect or log in. Sure hope it is not due to this phone or Blackberry os

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg 🇨🇦
    08-10-19 05:14 PM
    Has anyone had an app that just wont open. Touch it and the icon dims but nothing happens. My work has made us get this kronos app and I installed it and it worked. Next day it would not open. So I deleted and installed it again and seemed fine. Today same deal. My son has a pixel and did not have issues and I have not heard anyone else talk about it happening to them. I dont use a lot of apps. Have to use outlook for work mail and excel. Crackberry app telegram and instagram. No issues with anything else.

To note if you read the reviews this app sucks but never read where it wouldnt open just where it does not connect or log in. Sure hope it is not due to this phone or Blackberry os

Reg 🇨🇦
    Had such an issue, a few times, with the Amazon app.
    My solution: I don't use it anymore 😂
    08-10-19 05:56 PM
    Had such an issue, a few times, with the Amazon app.
    My solution: I don't use it anymore 😂
    You almost had me going.
    I feel the same way I dont even want this app. I feel the sales people are better than the developers. They suck big companies into paying them lots of money for poor apps.
    I checked it on my tablet and it is working fine. So it has to do with this phone I'm thinking.

Reg 🇨🇦
    08-10-19 06:49 PM
    I had an app that acted in a similar manner to that. My solution was to perform a restart and wait 30 mins after the phone rebooted. After that, I was able to open and close the app without issues. I'm not saying this is a solution that will work for your app but it's worth a shot.
    08-10-19 09:35 PM
    so far my solution is to reinstall the app everyday. seems it works and I'm guessing but after midnight it quits. wake up and it wont work. clearing user data worked a bit the first couple days but now its reinstall. I'm of course the only one this happens too and I have a Blackberry so got to think it has something to do with my phone. maybe I will try a wipe when I get home with the new update. seems extreme

Reg 🇨🇦
    08-13-19 06:25 AM
    so far my solution is to reinstall the app everyday. seems it works and I'm guessing but after midnight it quits. wake up and it wont work. clearing user data worked a bit the first couple days but now its reinstall. I'm of course the only one this happens too and I have a Blackberry so got to think it has something to do with my phone. maybe I will try a wipe when I get home with the new update. seems extreme

Reg
    Rather than reinstalling try clearing the app cache.
    08-14-19 08:26 PM
    Rather than reinstalling try clearing the app cache.
    That worked once and does not work any more. Have tried a variety of things in different sequences. Feel like I'm in ground hog day. Every morning I start again.

Reg 🇨🇦
    08-14-19 08:29 PM
    That worked once and does not work any more. Have tried a variety of things in different sequences. Feel like I'm in ground hog day. Every morning I start again.

Reg
    Then a full data clear on the app will at least save you from having to reinstall.
    RegN likes this.
    08-14-19 10:15 PM
    Have you tried opening that app using the icon on the apps tray (six dots icon on the bottom of the screen) instead of using the shortcut icon placed on you home screen?

I don't know if it's relevant to your problem, but for me, a couple of times on my old KEYone, some apps wouldn't open from the shortcut icon on the home screen, so I had to go to the apps tray. Replacing the faulty shortcut icon would solve the problem (dragging from the apps tray to the home screen).
    08-15-19 07:36 AM

Reg
    I have had issues with RBC Wallet - not to the extent that you do, but fundamentally it won't run on my Key2.

So, there are apps that aren't tested on BBs.
    08-15-19 11:12 AM
    Yesterday I took the plunge and wiped my phone with new patch. Then I made the mistake of not restoring apps but that is another story. I had noticed that when I tried to log in to the server that it offered a remembered user name and password which I thought was cool. No one else could do that so I wondered if that was my issue. In the end I think it was the issue as now I have to type the info in as others do but it opened today so I guess problem kinda solved. I will never know the hows or whys but at least now I dont have to feel this phone is less capable then others. it was actually more capable just the world was not up to speed. haha

Reg 🇨🇦
    08-16-19 09:10 AM