Is there a way to stop Google assistant from popping up when I press the home key for a second too long?
    07-11-18 05:22 PM
    Is there a way to stop Google assistant from popping up when I press the home key for a second too long?
    Depends. Do you still want to use Assistant?
    07-11-18 05:28 PM
    Depends. Do you still want to use Assistant?
    I want to use the 'okay Google' function.' Like on my keyone. That's it.
    07-11-18 05:29 PM
    I disable google assistant altogether. Works well.

If you talk to your phone and those conversations are important, then you might not want to disable that feature.

If your conversations with Android are not that important and can wait, then leave it enabled and, unfortunately, the way that button works might be the way it has to be.

I wouldn't know because I do not speak to my phone. There is an app called 'button mapper' that might work to assign that functionality to a different button.

That would be extremely annoying. It's almost as annoying when I'm playing Battlefield with my friend and we start talking about some of the interesting things I do and he initiates google searches for things I tell him about with his voice, over PSN. It's super lame in my opinion.

I just wanted to help because somebody suggested that 'button mapper' app and that's what popped into my head when reading your post.
    07-11-18 05:29 PM
    I disable google assistant altogether. Works well.

If you talk to your phone and those conversations are important, then you might not want to disable that feature.

If your conversations with Android are not that important and can wait, then leave it enabled and, unfortunately, the way that button works might be the way it has to be.

I wouldn't know because I do not speak to my phone. There is an app called 'button mapper' that might work to assign that functionality to a different button.

That would be extremely annoying. It's almost as annoying when I'm playing Battlefield with my friend and we start talking about some of the interesting things I do and he initiates google searches for things I tell him about with his voice, over PSN. It's super lame in my opinion.

I just wanted to help because somebody suggested that 'button mapper' app and that's what popped into my head when reading your post.
    I use the button mapper app to map the double press of the space bar to go to my recently used apps. I'll try to map it too.
    07-11-18 05:32 PM
    I use the button mapper app to map the double press of the space bar to go to my recently used apps. I'll try to map it too.
    Cool man! Really hope it works out for you!

:-)
    07-11-18 05:35 PM
    Cool man! Really hope it works out for you!

:-)
    Didn't work. Lol
    07-11-18 05:35 PM
    "IvanTheTolerable" is a fantastic name by the way. I've been waiting for the opportunity to tell you that.
    IvanTheTolerable likes this.
    07-11-18 05:36 PM
    LOL! Oh well... haha
    07-11-18 05:36 PM
    I want to use the 'okay Google' function.' Like on my keyone. That's it.
    All the workarounds that I know of require Assistant to be disabled.
    07-11-18 05:41 PM
    Please don't take this the wrong way. It's just my opinion.

Talking to these digital assistants is weird and there is more to it than meets the eye (or in this case the voice, ears, then brain) and people shouldn't (no really, they shouldn't) start relying on this first generation AI so much.

I can't actually believe I'm saying this because I love technology. However, there's a line that needs to be drawn in the proverbial sand between humans and AI where we keep AI on it's side of that line, as the masters of it, not the other way around.

Just a thought. No disrespect at all. I love.
    07-11-18 05:58 PM
    Please don't take this the wrong way. It's just my opinion.

Talking to these digital assistants is weird and there is more to it than meets the eye (or in this case the voice and ears, then brain) and people shouldn't (no really, they shouldn't) start relying on this first generation AI so much.

I can't actually believe I'm saying this because I love technology. However, there's a line that needs to be drawn in the proverbial sand between humans and AI where we keep AI on it's side of that line, as the masters of it, not the other way around.

Just a thought. No disrespect at all. I love.

I rely enough already on the technology I love as it stands. Now we wanna start chatting with it? Hmmm...
    07-11-18 06:02 PM