I'm considering getting the leather flip case. I have been reluctant to get one because I wonder what the typing experience is like when you have to fold the case back.

Does anyone use this and what is your opinion? Does it seriously affect typing or is it just a learning curve?

The full protection the case offers is quite appealing and it looks good, so I'm tempted.
    11-27-19 08:50 AM
    I'm using a 3rd party leather flip case. The lid is attached on the bottom, not on the left side. No learning curve in my case, it instantly felt better: more grip and way more comfortable to hold for longer typing sessions. I always prefer top or bottom mounted covers as they keep the device symmetric (left-right) and give the holding fingers of both hands something to hold on to (the lid folded to the backside).
    11-27-19 12:18 PM
    I have the OEM leather flip case. I have only used it a few times as I am a holster guy. As far as typing, you get use to it quick, no issues. Will not fit with case on a dock and car phone Holder. Does not have cut out for LED notifications light, how daft! Good looking unit though and seems pretty rugged! Good luck!

Posted via my Passport
    11-27-19 01:08 PM
    Thanks...I might give it a shot. Though, I did notice the lack of LED slot. What were they thinking!?!
    11-27-19 05:31 PM
    Look at Stilgut Leather cases. Big variety that accommodate different styles of use
    11-27-19 05:35 PM
    Thanks...I might give it a shot. Though, I did notice the lack of LED slot. What were they thinking!?!
    I actually punched a hole in mine for the LED! Not factory perfect, but works! If you go that route, be warned there is a very hard plastic insert that you need to catch enough of or you could blow out the side instead of a hole. Good luck!

Posted via my Passport
    gouger05 likes this.
    11-27-19 05:53 PM
    I have the BlackBerry flip case and have been pretty happy with it. I'd prefer having the Pocket case but BlackBerry let us down with that . I flip the cover to the back when I type and it lays flat enough to not be a hindrance.
    12-03-19 08:50 AM
    I have the BlackBerry flip case and have been pretty happy with it. I'd prefer having the Pocket case but BlackBerry let us down with that . I flip the cover to the back when I type and it lays flat enough to not be a hindrance.
    BlackBerry hasn’t included cases for years...
    12-03-19 09:13 AM
    BlackBerry hasn’t included cases for years...
    Who said anything about cases being included? The Pocket case was made for the Key 1 but they didn't make one for the Key 2.
    12-03-19 09:15 AM
    Who said anything about cases being included? The Pocket case was made for the Key 1 but they didn't make one for the Key 2.
    BlackBerry Mobile hasn’t made any cases on any consistent expectation level so I assumed you referred to BlackBerry Limited days.

Regarding the Key2, BlackBerry Mobile doesn’t even have the same cases offered in all markets from what I’ve seen.

As far as letdown, I’d suspect that sales data from KEYone cases determined which markets and styles were offered.
    12-03-19 12:35 PM