I am wondering if anyone on here does (or knows someone that does) KEY2 keyboard replacements? I know the parts can be ordered from Ali, but do not feel comfortable trying to do it myself and would love to hire someone that knows a bit more.
    10-25-21 05:04 PM
    I am wondering if anyone on here does (or knows someone that does) KEY2 keyboard replacements? I know the parts can be ordered from Ali, but do not feel comfortable trying to do it myself and would love to hire someone that knows a bit more.
    Probably best to check in with a local cell repair shop. I've found that if you order the part yourself and ask them to repair they are usually very obliging.
    10-25-21 05:08 PM
    Somewhere around here @the_boon has posted links to order PKB replacement parts to do as @brookie229 suggests.
    10-25-21 07:57 PM
    I actually ordered the replacement already. Just trying to find someone that has done it and pay them to do it on mine.
    10-25-21 09:26 PM
    Where did you order the replacement from? I've been noticing on eBay and Ali that replacement K2 keyboards are highly overpriced these days.

BTW it's not a difficult procedure at all. Bring the phone and part to a local repair shop and theyll likely just look up the procedure on YouTube and then charge you $100 for 15 mins of work.
    10-25-21 10:07 PM
    Where did you order the replacement from? I've been noticing on eBay and Ali that replacement K2 keyboards are highly overpriced these days.

BTW it's not a difficult procedure at all. Bring the phone and part to a local repair shop and theyll likely just look up the procedure on YouTube and then charge you $100 for 15 mins of work.
    I replaced the battery on two KEY2's but never the keyboard. Shouldn't be too hard if you have some tools and patience, since you don't need to remove the LCD to get to it.
    10-26-21 07:25 AM
    I actually ordered the replacement already. Just trying to find someone that has done it and pay them to do it on mine.
    I have done several KEY² and a few KEY² LE keyboard swaps, but I agree a local repair shop shouldn't have a problem doing the repair.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-26-21 08:17 AM
    I have done several KEY² and a few KEY² LE keyboard swaps, but I agree a local repair shop shouldn't have a problem doing the repair.
    Yeah it's gotta be an easier job than taking apart a water resistance device or foldable/flip.
    10-26-21 11:18 AM
    If carriers in the USA are dropping "non-whitelisted" devices (I guess that's Good-Speak for "blacklisted LOL!) from their networks, you should soon be able to find plenty of them for sale online.

Buy one that looks to be in good shape as "parts-car" maybe?
    Last edited by GordH; 10-27-21 at 03:58 PM.
    10-27-21 11:26 AM
    Can anyone advise to get a replacement keyboard for the Key2 BBF100. My spacebar is no longer working. Thanks
    01-21-23 11:36 PM
    Can anyone advise to get a replacement keyboard for the Key2 BBF100. My spacebar is no longer working. Thanks
    Options for the KEY2 are limited.... AliExpress has a few listings. But they are pretty expensive due to TCL using up parts to build out the last few units they sold.
    04-06-23 09:53 AM
    Options for the KEY2 are limited.... AliExpress has a few listings. But they are pretty expensive due to TCL using up parts to build out the last few units they sold.
    Mine failed too and I was resigned to ordering a replacement. That evening while watching TV (as a proxy for a mindless activity) I had a text message open and sat there just pressing the spacebar rapidly. After about 10 minutes of this, I happened to look down to find that I had filled a text bubble with spaces. A quick test showed that the function had been restored. Sometimes the result was a double space but that was better than none and could be avoided by pressing the RH side of the bar.

Later that week I traveled to the almost zero humidity of the mountains and the function returned immediately to its nominal format and has continued to operate that way for 2 months. I have since sprayed all around the bar with an electronic canned dust removal spray to reinforce the removal of the surface contamination of the spacebar contacts that cause this problem.
    04-28-23 02:41 PM