Hello. Been looking though the threads but did not see a specific thread about folks who have switched from the K1 Black Limited Edition to the KEYtwo. Starting a new job soon with a generous phone allowance, so thinking of making the switch. Nothing wrong with my K1 Ltd Edition, but I am intrigued with the portrait mode on the K2, better keyboard - as well as the faster processor. Any feedback would be appreciated.
    10-14-18 11:20 PM
    Made the KEYone to KEY2 move in July...very happy and much improved performance...best BlackBerry and mobile phone ever!
    10-14-18 11:25 PM
    Made the KEYone to KEY2 move in July...very happy and much improved performance...best BlackBerry and mobile phone ever!
    Was it the original KEYone or the Black Ltd Edition? Thank you.
    10-14-18 11:32 PM
    Original KEYONE
    10-15-18 12:18 AM
    Yes, I moved from a Black KeyOne to Black Key2. My KeyOne was a China version so had a few hoops to go through than a normal "non-China" version. I had a huge process to get Google Play store on the KeyOne and I think even compromised the security on the KeyOne. Now with official HK version of Key2. All the bugs I had with KeyOne are gone. Much snappier and Matt keyboard and slightly larger keys also feel great. I guess the 6GB of ram and better processor help too.
    10-15-18 12:41 AM
    I did the same and made a thread about the subject a week ago. make the move, you won't regret it.
    10-15-18 01:16 AM
    10-15-18 01:17 AM
    I went from keyone black Ltd edition to key2 silver and it is a definite improvement, it's lighter which feels weird at first and the keyboard is definitely a better feel, I still have my keyone to compare and holding them side by side I wouldn't go back. build quality seems better too as my keyone had lost its blackberry logo off the back and the covers on the front camera and IR sensor had come off too but that has all been designed out of this phone.

as for performance it's really speedy and had no slowdown issues, the portrait mode it's a nice option as is the 2x zoom button which is much easier than the normal zoom

if there is no cost to you for changing over I would say you won't be disappointed
    the_boon likes this.
    10-15-18 01:20 AM
    I went from keyone black Ltd edition to key2 silver and it is a definite improvement, it's lighter which feels weird at first and the keyboard is definitely a better feel, I still have my keyone to compare and holding them side by side I wouldn't go back. build quality seems better too as my keyone had lost its blackberry logo off the back and the covers on the front camera and IR sensor had come off too but that has all been designed out of this phone.

as for performance it's really speedy and had no slowdown issues, the portrait mode it's a nice option as is the 2x zoom button which is much easier than the normal zoom

if there is no cost to you for changing over I would say you won't be disappointed
    Thank you so much for the feedback. I am enjoying my Limited Edition but sounds like I will like the KEY2 even more!
    10-15-18 01:31 PM
    I loved my BE but this KEY2 is amazing. The keyboard is fantastic, portrait mode is cool and in my opinion, this silver is just so hot. Upgrade now!
    10-15-18 01:34 PM
    I loved my BE but this KEY2 is amazing. The keyboard is fantastic, portrait mode is cool and in my opinion, this silver is just so hot. Upgrade now!
    Thank you!!
    10-15-18 02:37 PM
    Same here, BE was a very nice device but wasn't fully supported by my carrier. So I tried out a Pixel 2 for a few months, and now I'm on a Key2. Its great to back to BlackBerry including VoLTE support with my carrier (Telus) and HD Bluetooth audio.
    BBUniq01 likes this.
    10-15-18 02:56 PM
    I'd keep the KEYone Black as a secondary/backup device ! Loved mine while I had it, it was much better than all the Silver KEYones I owned
    10-15-18 04:01 PM
    Just got mine a week ago love it. wish it was IP68 as I work a lot outside hopefully next time
    10-15-18 04:14 PM
    I have done the switch from Key one black edition to the key 2 black.
    key 2 looks much better , is a bit lighter and better balanced when keeping it on palm.
    The real big improvement is the keyboard , absolutely better than the one of the Key one.
    Performance is better, although I had absolutely no issues with KEYone black ( contrary with the standard silver which lagged several times )
    Speed key is a nice addition and I am using it all time.
    A small problem is the back light of the symbols of the keyboard , impossible to see the symbols at night and I am tapping them only by memory.
    10-15-18 11:29 PM
    In my opinion, KEyOne played definitely better on the speaker. KEy2 sounds loud but colorless.
    10-15-18 11:37 PM
    Thank you all! I appreciate the feedback.
    10-16-18 09:34 AM