Does anyone know if it's possible to force the hotspot to turn on everytime the phone is powered up? And stay on ?

Asking because I'd like to have my employees phone Supply an internet connection to are dash cameras full time.
    06-17-19 11:13 AM
    I don't know if it's possible, as I've never tried it but Tasker or Automate from the Google Play Store would be the trick if it's possible.
    06-17-19 01:35 PM
    What you can do for easy access is to assign the convenience key to turn on/off the hotspot
    whatnow00 likes this.
    06-17-19 02:29 PM
    thanks for the replies.. I don't want to have to rely on them to turn on the hot spot. hoping for a fool proof automated way to turn it on and keep it on.
    06-18-19 01:13 AM
    I can confirm tasker works for the action itself. You just need to think about what the trigger would be as just turning the phone on wouldn't do it. you can do it for particular times, when an app is launched or when charging (last one might be an idea given tethering eats battery)
    06-18-19 05:14 AM
    Maybe you can do something with Tasker like Bla1ze said, or IFTTT?
    06-18-19 05:30 AM
    Does anyone know if it's possible to force the hotspot to turn on everytime the phone is powered up? And stay on ?

Asking because I'd like to have my employees phone Supply an internet connection to are dash cameras full time.
    Tasker should do it.... I know I've had connecting to my car's unique Bluetooth ID as a trigger. I assume you have an unlimited data plan and that wont' be an issue. And just in the car won't be a range problem. Will just need to make sure your employees plug in their phones while in the car.... Leaving the range of the car's Bluetooth could then disable the hotspot....

If the car has bluetooth....
    06-19-19 09:32 AM
    Well we don't have an unlimited plan but do share 40gb between four lines.. certainly a good point I didn't think of. I was thinking that the dash cam wouldn't transmit all the time.

I'll play around with this as soon as I have time and see how it works.

Thanks for the suggestions.
    06-19-19 09:37 AM