07-19-18 09:17 PM
68 123
tools
    I'm having trouble getting the carriers to recognize my Key 2 IMEI number. I'm on Verizon and of course only the data works. So i went to the AT&T and T-mobile web sites and neither one recognize the device. This is on the BYOD programs.
    07-15-18 12:47 PM
    Probably too new for them to recognize the new device this was an issue with the Keyone when it launched.
    07-15-18 12:50 PM
    Probably too new for them to recognize the new device this was an issue with the Keyone when it launched.
    Thanks, Ill try tomorrow when the mainline customer service people are working. Seems like today all i got was foreign call centers for AT&T
    07-15-18 12:58 PM
    Tmo so far recognizes the phone + all is smooth!
    07-15-18 01:16 PM
    I have the KEY2 on T-Mobile, everything works fine including Visual Voicemail and WiFi Calling, although the settings for Wifi Calling are not readily available, you have to go through some hoops, there is thread about that available
    JECE likes this.
    07-15-18 02:21 PM
    Rogers Canada had the same issue on release date. Folks were told they had not updated the IMEI in their system. was corrected same day.
    07-15-18 03:13 PM
    TMo good for me, too. even gave me the WiFi call options at setup.
    mtalinm likes this.
    07-15-18 03:40 PM
    I'm up and running on AT&T, it didn't work at first but the worker at the store fiddled with some of the settings and got it running .
    07-15-18 05:02 PM
    No issue with mine on At&t.
    07-15-18 05:40 PM
    Can you please check if Hotspot is enabled?
    07-15-18 08:16 PM
    I tried to use the AT&T IMEI checker and it didn't recognize the phone. I tried T-Mobiles web site and there IMEI checker wasn't working. Called ATT customer service like the prompt said and I got some guy who could barely speak English so I'm going to try again in the morning
    07-15-18 08:29 PM
    Yeah my IMEI wasn't recognized on the AT&T Premier site the other day so usually when you call customer they will be able to add it.
    07-15-18 08:34 PM
    T-Mobile will give you all the features with unlocked phones. I just switched from AT&T on my KEYone. Didn't have WiFi calling or enhanced calling features or anything. Now I do!
    07-15-18 08:38 PM
    I tried T-Mobiles web site and there IMEI checker wasn't working.
    T-Mobile has a BYOD app in the Play Store, it can check your IMEI as well
    JECE likes this.
    07-15-18 09:57 PM
    I tried to use the AT&T IMEI checker and it didn't recognize the phone. I tried T-Mobiles web site and there IMEI checker wasn't working. Called ATT customer service like the prompt said and I got some guy who could barely speak English so I'm going to try again in the morning
    Yeah I just inserted my SIM card, didn't mess with contacting At&t.
    portplayer likes this.
    07-15-18 10:28 PM
    Can you please check if Hotspot is enabled?
    Hotspot was not enabled, but you can enable it and it worked for my test. Makes you turn off phones wifi connection first.
    07-15-18 10:29 PM
    Yeah my IMEI wasn't recognized on the AT&T Premier site the other day so usually when you call customer they will be able to add it.
    When I called customer service, they weren't able to add the phone/IMEI to my account either. Told me the same thing the website did that the IMEI wasn't recognized.

My phone does work just fine.
    07-16-18 02:07 AM
    Yeah mine works fine too. Just wanted to make sure everything was updated. Sometimes it does help with better service if everything is provisioned properly on the account.
    07-16-18 02:10 AM
    With my keyone on AT&T I just inserted my sim and all was good just extremely poor reception.
    portplayer likes this.
    07-16-18 02:42 AM
    T-Mobile will give you all the features with unlocked phones. I just switched from AT&T on my KEYone. Didn't have WiFi calling or enhanced calling features or anything. Now I do!
    That's good to know T-Mobile extends full services to unlocked phones unlike AT&T who routinely block unlocked phones from vital services such as enhanced calling features, VoIP, Visual Voicemail HD Voice and "NumberSync" for wearables and other mobile devices.

A Samsung Gear 3 purchased from AT&T will not NumberSync with the unlocked Blackberry KEY2 (or unlocked KEYone) despite (false) claims by a AT&T Corporate Store Sales Representative and AT&T tech support that NumberSync works with all phones.
    Last edited by trombetta; 07-16-18 at 05:42 AM.
    portplayer likes this.
    07-16-18 05:11 AM
    That's good to know T-Mobile extends full services to unlocked phones unlike AT&T who routinely block unlocked phones from vital services such as enhanced calling features, VoIP, Visual Voicemail and "NumberSync" for wearables and other mobile devices.

A Samsung Gear 3 purchased from AT&T will not NumberSync with the unlocked Blackberry KEY2 (or unlocked KEYone) despite (false) claims by a AT&T Corporate Store Sales Representative and AT&T tech support that NumberSync works with all phones.
    I've had an factory unlocked Passport, KEYᵒⁿᵉ, and now Key² on AT&T. I've always been able to have Visual Voice Mail. But that's about it. My wife and I went to the AT&T store last week to change our calling plan; I asked if our unlocked phones could be whitelisted. The answer was No.
    07-16-18 05:23 AM
    I misspoke... meant to say HD Voice, not Visual Voicemail
    07-16-18 05:40 AM
    I misspoke... meant to say HD Voice, not Visual Voicemail
    Ah. No HD Voice either. We are still considering checking out T-Mobile for the very reason it will whitelist our unlocked phones for all features. Just concerned about coverage.
    07-16-18 05:47 AM
    Ah. No HD Voice either. We are still considering checking out T-Mobile for the very reason it will whitelist our unlocked phones for all features. Just concerned about coverage.
    I travel for work, and I have T-Mobile, the service is pretty solid. In a year of traveling all over the US, I have only had service issues in 2 tiny towns in IL
    07-16-18 07:27 AM
    I travel for work, and I have T-Mobile, the service is pretty solid. In a year of traveling all over the US, I have only had service issues in 2 tiny towns in IL
    According to the covered map it appears to be spotty in places just south of Columbia MO. However it may not be as bad as it looks. I'm still going to go to the T-Mobile store in the next day or so. Looking at the 55+ plan. I would like to be able to use all of the Key² features.
    07-16-18 07:42 AM
68 123