I find this really frustrating having a launch and not having a specified pre-order date or information.

I mean the phone has been in the works for how many months? How do they not have their ducks in a row on this. Mind boggled.
    Kelvin Choi and wldcrd like this.
    06-11-18 03:31 PM
    I find this really frustrating having a launch and not having a specified pre-order date or information.

I mean the phone has been in the works for how many months? How do they not have their ducks in a row on this. Mind boggled.
    Frustrating because we are all excited, but I am not surprised. They will be ready to go for sale very soon.
    06-11-18 03:57 PM
    I dunno why you get frustrated about such a thing. They noted it would be rolling out to most regions beginning this month, meaning you likely won't even REALLY need a pre-order period, you'll wake up one day and it'll be available on Amazon, Best Buy, etc.

Anyone else frustrated with the lack of specific pre-order information for North America?-blackberry-key2-availability.png
    anon(2695703) and Carjackd like this.
    06-11-18 03:59 PM
    Same frustration one faces when they are assigned a time frame for a home repair.

I don't want to know my repair man will show up between 1pm - 5pm. Just tell me you'll be here at 5pm.

Beside the fact that it's poor customer service, it leaves you wondering why didn't they have this information at launch? Is there an issue? Are they anticipating a delay? Are they anticipating a supply chain or inventory problem? Are there carrier adoption issues?

If anything it's strange I think.
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-18 04:12 PM
    Well, since I don't want to pay sales tax I think I'll get mine from BHPhotoVideo.com.
    06-11-18 04:20 PM
    I don’t know what to tell you.
    06-11-18 04:33 PM
    I'm not frustrated or any like that. It is what is, wait for it, have your money ready and pull the trigger when it available.

I for one can't wait to get mine!
    06-11-18 04:46 PM
    Not frustrated here. I still enjoy my KEYone. I will be patient, because it will show up soon.
    06-11-18 04:46 PM
    Nothing to worry about. By the end of June early July. That's in a couple of weeks.
    06-11-18 04:54 PM
    Same frustration one faces when they are assigned a time frame for a home repair.

I don't want to know my repair man will show up between 1pm - 5pm. Just tell me you'll be here at 5pm.

Beside the fact that it's poor customer service, it leaves you wondering why didn't they have this information at launch? Is there an issue? Are they anticipating a delay? Are they anticipating a supply chain or inventory problem? Are there carrier adoption issues?

If anything it's strange I think.
    To be fair, each appointment that the repair person takes can vary in scope and complexity so I don't mind the window as opposed to a precise time.

I'd rather plan for a window of time rather than plan around a specific time only to have the appointment be late.
    06-11-18 04:55 PM

I'm in Montreal, was lucky to be at the event in NYC on Friday but like you, just tell me when they will be available to purchase from our carriers in Canada. I keep checking for information & there is nothing to be found. Just F'ing tell us when we can get them, it's very frustrating.
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-18 05:22 PM
    Not frustrated as I'm waiting for Black Friday sale.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.3216
    06-11-18 06:24 PM
    Maybe a little frustrating but I am happy with the given timeline. it wasn't that long ago that they were doing these launches or announcements then we wouldn't see the phone for another 6 months. If they are saying this month I am happy with that, there is only 19 days left this month so it wont be long now.
    Kelvin Choi likes this.
    06-11-18 06:33 PM
    China is the first country to get this Key2, the Key2 is released and available to purchase on 12 Jun 2018.
    06-11-18 07:21 PM
    Not frustrated at all, happily using my KEYᵒⁿᵉ until the KEY² drops. I've been through some waiting periods for other BlackBerry releases and this is the best one yet. Official announcement, initial device reviews all over YouTube and the same month availability. Happy camper here.
    06-11-18 08:03 PM
    China is the first country to get this Key2, the Key2 is released and available to purchase on 12 Jun 2018.
    The thing that stood out the most to me from this launch event was that the BlackBerry brand seemed to go out of their way to highlight that they are very "global."

They had speakers with different accents from all over the world. A Canadian brand partnering with an Asian hardware company with with French executives giving a product launch in USA.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    06-11-18 08:04 PM
    I'm not a buyer of the K2 initially but I may be down the road. For me this is all about striking when the situation is hot, making up for a botched launch last time in some ways and gaining market share. BlackBerry Mobile isn't in the position to lose out on sales but the irony is that they are literally paying expenses for pop up showrooms, paying employees to answer the same question over and over again on Twitter and other social media channels.

I think the biggest frustrating thing for BlackBerry fans is just surprise us with something different. Just launch the phone with a set date for their larger markets in mind. At the very least it will shut people up. If you needed to delay "launching" the K2 until end of June or July in order to be ready and have a showroom that has the ability to conduct sales, than do it.

Can you imagine calling a pizzeria up and getting these answers? "Ahh yes, thank you for your call. Yes we have our oven on and the dough, sauce and toppings are all ready to go. We can't provide you with a time for you to call back when we are accepting orders for pick up and delivery"

Just sell these devices and sell them hard. Mindboogling as a shareholder here who's seen the same lack of communication and productivity from a company that's launching a product aimed at being a productivity and communication machine.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-18 08:06 PM
    I dunno why you get frustrated about such a thing. They noted it would be rolling out to most regions beginning this month, meaning you likely won't even REALLY need a pre-order period, you'll wake up one day and it'll be available on Amazon, Best Buy, etc.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-key2-availability.png 
Views:	282 
Size:	455.5 KB 
ID:	436838
    Trusted because in a BlacBerry or TCL manner, one the phone will not be available for another 3-5 weeks...if that
    06-11-18 08:25 PM
    I'm not a buyer of the K2 initially but I may be down the road. For me this is all about striking when the situation is hot, making up for a botched launch last time in some ways and gaining market share. BlackBerry Mobile isn't in the position to lose out on sales but the irony is that they are literally paying expenses for pop up showrooms, paying employees to answer the same question over and over again on Twitter and other social media channels.

I think the biggest frustrating thing for BlackBerry fans is just surprise us with something different. Just launch the phone with a set date for their larger markets in mind. At the very least it will shut people up. If you needed to delay "launching" the K2 until end of June or July in order to be ready and have a showroom that has the ability to conduct sales, than do it.

Can you imagine calling a pizzeria up and getting these answers? "Ahh yes, thank you for your call. Yes we have our oven on and the dough, sauce and toppings are all ready to go. We can't provide you with a time for you to call back when we are accepting orders for pick up and delivery"

Just sell these devices and sell them hard. Mindboogling as a shareholder here who's seen the same lack of communication and productivity from a company that's launching a product aimed at being a productivity and communication machine.

Posted via CB10
    I was thinking about that same irony recently with this recent lack of launch date. You're a company selling a productivity and communication tool and your company is lacking in both of those areas. Mind boggling.
    06-11-18 09:11 PM
    bbry or TCL, always moronic launches and pathetic marketing. I have been ready to pay for my K2 or at least pre-order for weeks. just give us an opportunity to buy it please. I suspect it's a software f'up - hardware looked production ready at nyc showroom. just add more glue!
    06-11-18 09:35 PM
    bbry or TCL, always moronic launches and pathetic marketing. I have been ready to pay for my K2 or at least pre-order for weeks. just give us an opportunity to buy it please. I suspect it's a software f'up - hardware looked production ready at nyc showroom. just add more glue!
    Maybe you're on to something with a software issue.
    06-11-18 10:04 PM
    Waiting for commitment from carriers
    Bob80220 likes this.
    06-11-18 10:36 PM
    Waiting for commitment from carriers
    I feel like this is likely the real reason.
    06-11-18 10:42 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-key2-availability.png 
Views:	282 
Size:	455.5 KB 
ID:	436838
    Some folks are so impatient
    06-11-18 11:04 PM
    If T-Mobile gets on board with this phone I will pre-order in a heartbeat.
    06-11-18 11:12 PM
53 123