Meh. For me, it's worth it for the small size and the bright screen. Honestly, the battery life has never been a big deal because of the swappable battery. I always have a spare battery charged, and it takes up almost no space in my kit.

Also, if you don't use the hopelessly poor performing ART, the battery lasts 4-6 hours of moderate to heavy use. That's more than enough time to recharge the spare battery.

It all depends on what you value. My KEYone has great battery life, but is too large to use one-handed, so I leave it In my bag, which really increases the battery life!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I see. But it's still an extra step to take when you have to charge the spare separately as well as the phone
    08-15-19 05:16 PM
    I see. But it's still an extra step to take when you have to charge the spare separately as well as the phone
    No. It doesn't interrupt my flow because I can choose do it when I'm not using my phone and only have to do it occasionally, once or twice a week. The rest of the time I can recharge my phone throughout the day whenever I'm at my desk or in my car.

You haven't really shared how you use your phone, so it's hard to compare use cases, but I use my phone almost exclusively for work when I also have access to my computer and power. When I'm not working, my phone is in my bag 90% of the time. It's just a tool for making money and taking care of employees, partners and clients. I send 1-2 personal messages a day from my phone.

08-15-19 05:52 PM
    Many thanks!

This happened to me twice already in the past 5 years and both times it lasted about 6 month. I even have some of it now, so I have to watch myself.

I basically wanted to bring awareness to this issue and sort of warn other fellow smart phone warriors as well.

Also I wanted to mention this in context of PKB as one unfortunate 'limitation' that I have found, which unfortunately may work out to be another nail in PKBs coffin.

Main thing, I recommend everyone to manage their screen time and most notably manage their amount of typing.

Mismanagement may not hurt in the near term, but I have the feeling that many people of the 'smart phone generation' will end up having eye, posture and joint related issues.

And when this 'smart phone geretation' gets older and worn out from typing, the next smarter (possibly) 'voice command phone generation' will look back and just shake their heads in disbelief what kind of damages the previous 'smart phone generation' people managed to bring upon themselves.
    What you have highlighted is a valid concern. From my experience, the many years of usage seem to have an accumulative effect. My years of CAD work with 2 monitors, a standard clunky MS keyboard and a wired mouse have definitely caught up with me.

I am now retired and enjoy writing and sitting at a quality desktop setup for hours on end. Unfortunately, my body is not so happy about this and strongly objects, even after 30 minutes. I have tried to modify my setup and have been continually making changes for several years now, in the hope of finding that ideal set up that can permit me to work pain free.

I have tried most things and am currently using a mechanical keyboard (with MX blue switches), a kensington trackball (right side) and a logitech trackpad (left side). I have modified monitor stands, lighting backgrounds and multiple chairs. All seem to help, but after some time, the pain returns. I will keep trying new things in the hope (dream) of creating a pain free setup where I spend time working on the things I most enjoy.

As you have stated, the same applies to mobile. In fact, I believe that using smaller devices simply amplifies the issues. Regardless of the keyboard type, cramping 2 arms close to one's body to fit on a 3 inch wide device whilst moving 2 thumbs at light speed, only adds to that overall accumulative level of body stress that is the primary causal factor.

IMHO, all devices smaller than a purpose built workstation are a compromise of some type. The smaller the form factor, the larger the compromise can be. Unfortunately, in many instances, those compromises from smaller devices do not always appear immediately after or during use.
    WES51 and pdr733 like this.
    08-15-19 09:09 PM
    What you have highlighted is a valid concern. From my experience, the many years of usage seem to have an accumulative effect. My years of CAD work with 2 monitors, a standard clunky MS keyboard and a wired mouse have definitely caught up with me.

I am now retired and enjoy writing and sitting at a quality desktop setup for hours on end. Unfortunately, my body is not so happy about this and strongly objects, even after 30 minutes. I have tried to modify my setup and have been continually making changes for several years now, in the hope of finding that ideal set up that can permit me to work pain free.

I have tried most things and am currently using a mechanical keyboard (with MX blue switches), a kensington trackball (right side) and a logitech trackpad (left side). I have modified monitor stands, lighting backgrounds and multiple chairs. All seem to help, but after some time, the pain returns. I will keep trying new things in the hope (dream) of creating a pain free setup where I spend time working on the things I most enjoy.

As you have stated, the same applies to mobile. In fact, I believe that using smaller devices simply amplifies the issues. Regardless of the keyboard type, cramping 2 arms close to one's body to fit on a 3 inch wide device whilst moving 2 thumbs at light speed, only adds to that overall accumulative level of body stress that is the primary causal factor.

IMHO, all devices smaller than a purpose built workstation are a compromise of some type. The smaller the form factor, the larger the compromise can be. Unfortunately, in many instances, those compromises from smaller devices do not always appear immediately after or during use.
    This is 100% accurate, and most people here won't get it because they don't perceive the issue with their senses every day.

While the body can certainly adapt to many functions and avoid injuries with proper posture, conditioning, relaxation, periodic rest and complimentary stretches and exercise,very few people outside of professional athletes and musicians do this. We will certainly see overuse injuries from smartphone use in the coming years.

08-16-19 06:04 AM
154 ... 567