Yes.

I type far too much. I'd get carpal tunnel with the amount of thumb travel required on a large landscape keyboard.

It also weighs about the same as a small brick.
    I never use thumbs for typing, just button pushing etc
    06-19-19 12:50 AM
    Probably Huawei or Sony!!
    06-23-19 12:36 AM
    Why do people continue to make cars like the Prius when most people won't drive one? Because theres a market maybe a small market but u keep those select customers. There are a few million of us so if they made a select amount I don't see how selling a million key3s while only manufacturing say 800 thousand... u will sell out and how is that not a profit? Make enough for a nitch market like we do with everything else. Why when it comes to phones it's apples to androids? We need more options. Huawei has something up their sleeve lol. It's been in the making for yrs lol
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-23-19 12:43 AM
    The Key3 LE will offer a bugfree PKB experience...
    and who's going to win the Champions League next year please?

We can make lots of predictions, but it's money that talks and...

a landscape keyboard misses the point of typing. Too big for the two-thumb method, and too small and awkward for the 10 fast fingers one.
    The only justification is to be that micro-niche guy. be different my friend.
    06-23-19 03:13 AM

a landscape keyboard misses the point of typing. Too big for the two-thumb method, and too small and awkward for the 10 fast fingers one.
    Statistical moneyball for the Key3 LE comment. Like the actual Key2 LE PKB, with the capacitive functionality removed, we're back to simple PKB that BB has more or less perfected over twenty years.

The capacitive PKB has been harder for BBMo to perfect to everyone’s liking. Similarly, the LE specs are bit lower but profit and pricing levels are enough to finally convince the most elusive and largest of the USA carriers, VZW, to finally sell and support.

While the original comment I made about Key3 LE was tongue in cheek with little bit of sarcasm added, I truly do believe the statement from that statistical probability standpoint. Like Henry Ford and the original Model T in any color you like as long as it’s black. Also, I’d never buy a landscape PKB as that just sounds blasphemous.
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 06-23-19 at 07:11 AM.
    06-23-19 06:49 AM

Easy, Real Madrid.
    Torrezno likes this.
    06-23-19 06:57 AM
    they are still rolling out LE to other countries. constantly updating IG feed. I don't get the signs of walking away from product one usually gets when such things are in the works.
    06-23-19 08:45 AM
    they are still rolling out LE to other countries. constantly updating IG feed. I don't get the signs of walking away from product one usually gets when such things are in the works.
    They will do that as long as a decent stock remains. They obviously want to get rid of it all. That means nothing of making another batch or even releasing a new phone though.
    06-23-19 12:43 PM
    They will do that as long as a decent stock remains. They obviously want to get rid of it all. That means nothing of making another batch or even releasing a new phone though.
    They manufacture in small batches - it's not like they have a stockpile of devices to clear out.
    06-23-19 02:16 PM
    Why do people continue to make cars like the Prius when most people won't drive one? Because theres a market maybe a small market but u keep those select customers. There are a few million of us so if they made a select amount I don't see how selling a million key3s while only manufacturing say 800 thousand... u will sell out and how is that not a profit? Make enough for a nitch market like we do with everything else. Why when it comes to phones it's apples to androids? We need more options. Huawei has something up their sleeve lol. It's been in the making for yrs lol
    The thing is, BlackBerry isn't in the licensing business to just see licensees sell around 1 million units a year.

He said he'd be disappointed with one million units sold and expects the licensing agreements, in total, to pay royalties on multimillion units annually.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bla...rter-1.4049251
    06-23-19 02:58 PM
    The thing is, BlackBerry isn't in the licensing business to just see licensees sell around 1 million units a year.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bla...rter-1.4049251
    So maybe they should just sell their keyboard patents and right to use the brand name to TCL for a one-time fee and call it a day?
    06-23-19 05:57 PM
    So maybe they should just sell their keyboard patents and right to use the brand name to TCL for a one-time fee and call it a day?
    I'm not sure if they'd sell it but I suppose they could just license less to reduce their overhead.

They could even license Hub+ subscriptions separately as well. Back in the day BlackBerry would license BlackBerry Connect software (basically BIS) to other OEM's so there would be precedent for it.
    06-23-19 07:34 PM
    I'm not sure if they'd sell it but I suppose they could just license less to reduce their overhead.

They could even license Hub+ subscriptions separately as well. Back in the day BlackBerry would license BlackBerry Connect software (basically BIS) to other OEM's so there would be precedent for it.
    If no one's interested in making PKB's, who would care about the Hub+ subscription??
    Isn't it basically a consolation prize for those who were reluctant to leave BB10 for BBAndroid but did it because almost no apps freaking work well anymore?
    06-23-19 08:00 PM
    If no one's interested in making PKB's, who would care about the Hub+ subscription??
    Isn't it basically a consolation prize for those who were reluctant to leave BB10 for BBAndroid but did it because almost no apps freaking work well anymore?
    Hub+ basically provides one of the things people liked best about BlackBerry devices through the ages, a compelling/powerful email, calendar, and PIM package. It might be easier for an OEM to market these apps as a "value add" than it would be to market a PKB device.
    06-23-19 11:01 PM
    Not afraid but I am inching towards leaving BlackBerry soon. Main reasons is the screen size (it's getting harder for me to read on the small screen), and the camera is not up to par with selfies. Didn't think I would take many selfies, but I find myself doing it quite a bit with the family and the quality is really bad.

i'm considering the OnePlus 7 Pro because in the past I've found the VKB typing much better on large displays.
    06-24-19 04:01 AM
    I am actually quite worried that within the year TCL is going to announce they will no longer be making blackberry phones. Obviously I hope I'm dead wrong. But if this happens do you think Blackberry will be able to find another company to license the name too or will this mark the end of blackberry phones and the end of PKB devices?
    Which one worries you more, no more blackberry branded phone or no more phone with pkb?
    06-24-19 06:08 AM
    Nothing could have mattered enough to save BB10 including the backing of Microsoft economic resources.
    IDK. If BB, microsoft, and amazon had worked together on a google-less android app platform, I think it could have made all the difference. In fact, something like PWA still could. The only thing holding the duopoly together is app ecosystems, specifically on a small screen touch format, and that's very much a time limited proposal, one way or another.

Not that microsoft has any motivation to work with purely android apps. And BB already threw it's tiny weight in with amazon (probably not enough, really)

That said, BB's marketshare was, before death, tiny. Retrospect is 20/20.
    07-23-19 01:16 AM
    Hub+ basically provides one of the things people liked best about BlackBerry devices through the ages, a compelling/powerful email, calendar, and PIM package. It might be easier for an OEM to market these apps as a "value add" than it would be to market a PKB device.
    Fair. It's frankly broken without text messaging, and needs better intergration into it's host services. But it is, even as it is, vastly superior to divided services, or androids totally bunk notification shade system (that isn't a pickle on either windows mobile, or bb10's systems). If it was marketed well, pushed, it could fair well. Big if though.
    07-23-19 01:19 AM
    Fair. It's frankly broken without text messaging, and needs better intergration into it's host services. But it is, even as it is, vastly superior to divided services, or androids totally bunk notification shade system (that isn't a pickle on either windows mobile, or bb10's systems). If it was marketed well, pushed, it could fair well. Big if though.
    Marketed Well? Pushed? With what money?

Cobalt's "Working BlackBerry Priv Apps...." thread is one of the most viewed threads on CrackBerry. I suspect that outside of their deal with BBMo and what they get from UEM customers, there isn't much revenue created by these apps.

But the bottom line is BlackBerry is only able to do what Google allows... it's their notification system that BlackBerry is bugging off of.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-23-19 08:29 AM
    Marketed Well? Pushed? With what money?

Cobalt's "Working BlackBerry Priv Apps...." thread is one of the most viewed threads on CrackBerry. I suspect that outside of their deal with BBMo and what they get from UEM customers, there isn't much revenue created by these apps.

But the bottom line is BlackBerry is only able to do what Google allows... it's their notification system that BlackBerry is bugging off of.
    If Google was smart, they'd at least implement BB10's Hub into the platform.
    07-23-19 12:06 PM
    Google is focused on their Assistant...the most ugly design I have even seen in a phone app.
    anon(10387168) and Vistaus like this.
    07-23-19 12:32 PM
    Why.... email isn't the communications tool that many of us still consider it. I would love to see a lot more work on the email application it's self, without adding in notifications from other apps.

For most people the notification system that takes them to the relevant apps is just fine.
    07-23-19 02:10 PM
    For most people the notification system that takes them to the relevant apps is just fine.
    That's because they were not exposed to Hub and its potential might.

Either way, Hub goes against Android economics which was designed to keep users inside apps rather than using them as (communication) clients.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-23-19 02:43 PM
    That's because they were not exposed to Hub and its potential might.

Either way, Hub goes against Android economics which was designed to keep users inside apps rather than using them as (communication) clients.
    I was exposed to the HUB on BB10 for a number of years. Had in on Android for a couple of years too.

I'm mostly exposed to Apple users at home and work.. I just don't see a case where I think boy they sure need a HUB. The notification system does what most need done.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-23-19 02:54 PM
    The notification system does what most need done.
    That's the same as saying that Oreo is just fine. So does Marshmallow but that doesn't mean that a better experience is not desired and Hub blows Android notifications system out of the water. I am positive that if the majority of the users saw it they would prefer it.
    Vistaus likes this.
    07-23-19 02:57 PM
154 ... 23456 ...