I am actually quite worried that within the year TCL is going to announce they will no longer be making blackberry phones. Obviously I hope I'm dead wrong. But if this happens do you think Blackberry will be able to find another company to license the name too or will this mark the end of blackberry phones and the end of PKB devices?
    Vistaus and JWW like this.
    06-06-19 07:32 AM
    If TCL pulls out of the BB Mobile business I would guess that will be it. Blackberry couldnt make it work, TCL couldnt either so at that point its probably not something that anyone else would roll the dice with.
    06-06-19 07:39 AM
    If TCL pulls out of the BB Mobile business I would guess that will be it. Blackberry couldnt make it work, TCL couldnt either so at that point its probably not something that anyone else would roll the dice with.
    That's what scares me. I can't imagine a world without a PKB device...obviously I will have no choice to go touch screen eventually but I will ride out this key 2 silver as long as I can...sigh...

To me once they didn't announce a key 3 release my gut expected the worse...but who knows maybe they are making a decent amount of money to keep making the keyone series
    06-06-19 07:43 AM
    That's what scares me. I can't imagine a world without a PKB device...obviously I will have no choice to go touch screen eventually but I will ride out this key 2 silver as long as I can...sigh...

To me once they didn't announce a key 3 release my gut expected the worse...but who knows maybe they are making a decent amount of money to keep making the keyone series
    I could see BlackBerry simply licencing the keyboard to other OEMs.
    06-06-19 08:03 AM
    I hope you right!
    06-06-19 08:18 AM
    I am actually quite worried that within the year TCL is going to announce they will no longer be making blackberry phones. Obviously I hope I'm dead wrong. But if this happens do you think Blackberry will be able to find another company to license the name too or will this mark the end of blackberry phones and the end of PKB devices?
    I love my PKB, however, I feel confident if no longer produced, the sun will continue to rise in the east and set in the west...
    06-06-19 08:21 AM
    I love my PKB, however, I feel confident if no longer produced, the sun will continue to rise in the east and set in the west...
    Lol
    06-06-19 08:37 AM
    What phone would you move on to? IPhone or Samsung? Or something else? I would probably consider Google pixel..
    06-06-19 08:38 AM
    I could see BlackBerry simply licencing the keyboard to other OEMs.
    Any ideas who would take up that albatross?
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-06-19 08:41 AM
    What phone would you move on to? IPhone or Samsung? Or something else? I would probably consider Google pixel..
    I wouldn't spend that kind of money. I'd be looking at Nokia or OnePlus.
    06-06-19 08:41 AM
    Any ideas who would take up that albatross?
    A mid-ranger with Android One and a keyboard (no separate branding, infrastructure, or baggage) might be more palatable for some. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    06-06-19 08:44 AM
    This is entirely possible. However they recently released the KEY2 LE. Maybe this was an attempt to see how a cheaper version sells and collect that data.

It would be a shame if there no more PKB devices out there. However, the market is the market. If people really loved them, they would have sold. At most it will be a niche market, but if it's a profitable niche market, TCL will make them.
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    06-06-19 11:22 AM
    I still don't understand why people wouldn't move to e.g. the fxtec phone or Planet Computers Cosmo Communicator. Yes, I know they are small brands (for now) and the PKB is in landscape mode on both, but at least they both make decent PKB's. Any PKB is better than a VKB.
    06-06-19 12:04 PM
    I still don't understand why people wouldn't move to e.g. the fxtec phone or Planet Computers Cosmo Communicator. Yes, I know they are small brands (for now) and the PKB is in landscape mode on both, but at least they both make decent PKB's. Any PKB is better than a VKB.
    Because no one wants a landscape keyboard - particularly on a 6in screen phone.
    06-06-19 12:07 PM
    I do, which is why I'm moving to the Cosmo from my KEY2.

But aside from that: is moving to a VKB when one loves a PKB so much really worth not learning to type on a landscape PKB?
    06-06-19 12:11 PM

But aside from that: is moving to a VKB when one loves a PKB so much really worth not learning to type on a landscape PKB?
    Yes.

I type far too much. I'd get carpal tunnel with the amount of thumb travel required on a large landscape keyboard.

It also weighs about the same as a small brick.
    06-06-19 12:12 PM
    I wouldn't say no one wants it, but it's certainly a niche within a niche.
    A Noise Annoys and chain13 like this.
    06-06-19 12:14 PM
    Yeah, as I said: I'm moving to the Cosmo so according to conite, I would be a "nobody" lol
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    06-06-19 12:15 PM
    There's always someone somewhere.
    06-06-19 12:16 PM
    There's always someone somewhere.
    Some Body
    1234 Main Street
    Anytown, Anyplace 12345
    USA

Population 1
    the_boon, gamegurl, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    06-06-19 12:18 PM
    This is entirely possible. However they recently released the KEY2 LE. Maybe this was an attempt to see how a cheaper version sells and collect that data.

It would be a shame if there no more PKB devices out there. However, the market is the market. If people really loved them, they would have sold. At most it will be a niche market, but if it's a profitable niche market, TCL will make them.
    Aside from the fact that there are still a few out there, they will make a bigger comeback eventually. I mean: electric cars were pretty popular around 1900, then absent, and now they are back.
    06-06-19 12:21 PM
    Some Body
    1234 Main Street
    Anytown, Anyplace 12345
    USA

Population 1
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-06-19 12:21 PM
    Landscape pkb IS the reason I won't purchase those phones. I'll stick with my Key²LE until it is totally unusable, unless there is a K3 that has a bug free pkb (unlike the Key²).
    06-06-19 12:25 PM

That thing is way too massive for me but each to his/her own I guess.
    06-06-19 12:28 PM
    Landscape pkb IS the reason I won't purchase those phones. I'll stick with my Key²LE until it is totally unusable, unless there is a K3 that has a bug free pkb (unlike the Key²).
    The Key3 LE will offer a bugfree PKB experience...
    Smokeaire, RK_BB and bh7171 like this.
    06-06-19 12:28 PM
154 123 ...